We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Question specifically for Quidco Company Representative

Guys_Dad
Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 13 January 2011 at 12:03PM in Mobiles
As you are a company representative, I can't ask you this question in a pm and, in any event, your answer will be of interest to other MSE members on this forum.

There are a number of members who are still waiting, after many months - for settlement from Vodafone. Their transactions go to "Tracked" or "Validated" quickly but sit there indefinitely.

The bottleneck is your affiliate - upon being contacted off line, they have checked their system and this has resulted in 3 members receiving settlement within 2 weeks.

What are you doing as a company to chase this up as it is clearly in both your interests and members who are affected? And why are there affiliate companies involved - such as DGM who went bust leaving your members and you out of pocket and what function do they actually perform.

If any MSE members have been waiting for Vodafone settlement via Quidco, please feel free to add your weight to this thread.
«13

Comments

  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    As you know, I've lost a good deal of money because of Quidco. I applaud your determination and patience - Quidco are far more likely to deal with individual cases once they are on public display (as does vodafone) but they pay absolute lip service if they aren't. I've now voted with my feet and whereas I recommended people to join Quidco in years past I will never do so again - quite the reverse.

    The problem isn't with the merchants - and there are many who offer the moon knowing they have no intention of paying the cashback - it's with Quidco, who not only allow them to get away with that but actually encourage them to continue to make amazing cashback offers on their site, thus sucking in more suckers (like me!) who are going to get fleeced.

    Quidco - a fantastic organisation once who are diabolical now.
  • My purchase of a vodafone contract through quidco didn't track so I had to enter a missing transaction query, which I did. Except I had to wait for the 3-month validation period, and therefore couldn't select the exact transaction date/time because quidco only keep two months of previous "clicks"...

    However...

    The transaction itself was made at the end of April, query raised end of July, and I eventually received the £150 cashback at the end of December. Yes it was slow, but after querying and providing all the details, I didn't say any more, it tracked and eventually appeared.

    It's not all bad news..... As the recommendations say, however, quidco is a benefit which should not be regarded as guaranteed, it'll be good if the cashback arrives but always work on the basis that it won't. And be pleased if it does appear...
    Having fun trying to save money without going over the top and living on budget food all the time...
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for that, MJ. I have little experience of Quidco or any other cashback site. I do have a deep resentment of being ripped off and I naively expect some standards to be upheld.

    So when I was waiting for 8 months for my Voda cashback, I posted on here and a mutual friend of yours and mine gave me a contact at the affiliate. I contacted that person who said he would gee up his Operations manager. With 2 weeks, my claim moved from Validated to Received.

    I have been able to help a couple of other MSE members in the same way with similar results.

    So my experience is that it is 100% down to the affiliate network in te middle and I can't see how it is in either the merchants' or Quidcos' interests to let this slide.

    Unless I have failed to grasp the point, Vods - and others - have paid the affiliate so they have "lost" the cash. Quidco haven't received it, so they have no income from that trade and, of course, at the end of the chain, poor old Joe public is out of pocket as well. The only winner I can see is the affiliate intermediary, whose raison d'être eludes me completely !!!!


    Is there any cashback company that is worth using, or is this avenue drying up?

    Come on, Quidco Rep, answers please.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Come on, Quidco Rep, answers please.
    You missed her whilst you were out GD ;)


    Hi,

    @Guy's Dad. If you post your question on this thread, I'll take a look at it, as this is really the only thread I post on.

    Kind regards
    Jules
    It's not just about the money
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Actually, I have been out, so well spotted.

    I didn't know that this 2nd sub-forum existed until Lynsey provided a link. I expect a number of those on this forum didn't either.

    I have been reading many of the posts there and it is an absolute catalogue of disasters. What a way to run businesses. If this is acceptable to Trading Standards, then the standards are too low !

    So it goes like this.

    Cashback company advertises a cashback deal, but if vendor, affiliate or Cashback company don't actually honour it or pay you, that's all right as their t&c don't say they have to.

    I now know how Randle McMurphy felt. :eek::eek:
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    I didn't know that this 2nd sub-forum existed until Lynsey provided a link. I expect a number of those on this forum didn't either.
    Sorry GD I though you knew ???

    It was where I first came across Lynsey a few years back :j

    Does that read right :o

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    It's not just about the money
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Silk wrote: »
    Sorry GD I though you knew ???

    It was where I first came across Lynsey a few years back :j

    Does that read right :o

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    Seems right and proper and above board to me. And, of course, as your original thread about mobiles.co.uk informed us, you already have a girlfriend !

    No need for News of the World reporters or OK mag to send the paps to you as a result of the post! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • c_smith
    c_smith Posts: 383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've been with Quidco for a few years now and I've been waiting on validated cashback from Virgin mobile since FEBRUARY LAST YEAR and from Dorothy Perkins since June last year. I'm also sitting with tracked cashback from Parkdean Holidays since July since last year, which has yet to be validated.

    I have submitted enquiries to Quidco, twice now in the case of Virgin mobile, but they say it is due to their affiliates and they're working hard to sort it. Never seems to get sorted though, so I've started using TopCashBack instead now because I'm fed up with the service (or lack of it).
  • Absolutely. I can add at least two merchants to the list - but there is no point. Quidco don't give a damn and are quite content to lose their most loyal of members whilst claiming to be a "co-operative" and promoting cashback which, as Guy's Dad has summarised, is actually encouraged (by Quidco) to be offered and actively promoted (by Quidco) with absolutely NO intention of ensuring it is paid. Unfortunately, Topcashback is not much better - BUT they make less pretence AND reimbursed all the cashback lost when the intermediary went bust (an absolutely glaring contrast to Quidco's complete non-response). If quidco don't give a monkey's when active merchants refuse to pay why would they give a damn when the affiliate goes South? More than "reasonable" and perfectly in keeping with their general response to unpaid cashback.
  • Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Cashback company advertises a cashback deal, but if vendor, affiliate or Cashback company don't actually honour it or pay you, that's all right as their t&c don't say they have to.

    I didn't realise you aren't too experienced with cashback sites. Your sentence there is the best I've ever seen you write; it is spot on. I would merely add that not only is it exactly true in fact and in spirit, but is made infinitely worse by the additional fact that Quidco continues to actively promote the worst merchants even while its long-suffering members spend months - even years - attempting to get previous promised cashbacks from the very same merchants.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.