Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• LauraR123
    Options
    I've just rung up Cheshire Oaks store and they said they won't know until they get in in the morning if the 75% sale is on or not!
  • rainbow_791
    rainbow_791 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last year i went to the store for opening and got loads of great stuff but this year i was also thinking about looking online. I am off on wednesdays so the staying up wont be a problem but have people generally found they got the stuff they ordered or do the orders tend to get cancelled?
    Thanks for any help :)
  • skibster
    skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
    Options
    Last year i went to the store for opening and got loads of great stuff but this year i was also thinking about looking online. I am off on wednesdays so the staying up wont be a problem but have people generally found they got the stuff they ordered or do the orders tend to get cancelled?
    Thanks for any help :)

It's about half and half. I've had parts of orders cancelled before in Boots sales -- the system never seems able to keep up with stock levels when so many people are ordering at once.
  • Mrs_Will
    Mrs_Will Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    So, when is it? 12 Jan?
  • yummumsue
    Options
    I was in Boots at Broomhill Glasgow today and overheard the assistant telling a friend that the 75% starts tomorrow
    they had no S&G and no Sactuary but the had alot of FCUK sets that was on OOTW and some Gok sets that were OOTW
    hope this helps ! But remember guys you can ge tbroke buying bargains ! Happy shopping
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Last year, the sale was eventually delayed by a week, due to bad weather. But rumours were rife that it would start on the 13th. This is what I posted on the 12th - and I think it all applies this year!

Well, it appears that the following definites have been posted:

THE TOP TEN TIPS FOR THE BOOTS 75% SALE .........

1. The 75% Sale won't start tomorrow

2. The 75% Sale will start tomorrow

3. Only toys will be in The 75% Sale tomorrow

4. The 75% Sale will start next Tuesday

5. The 75% Sale will start next Wednesday

6. Nobody at Boots knows when The 75% Sale will start

7. There isn't going to be a 75% Sale this year

8. The Online 75% Sale will start on the same day as in store

9. The Online 75% Sale won't start on the same day as in store

I'm putting my money on Number Ten!!

10. The Online 75% Sale will start at some point, and will crash 3 seconds later.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

xx
  • djbake
    djbake Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Options
    Last year, the sale was eventually delayed by a week, due to bad weather. But rumours were rife that it would start on the 13th. This is what I posted on the 12th - and I think it all applies this year!

Well, it appears that the following definites have been posted:

THE TOP TEN TIPS FOR THE BOOTS 75% SALE .........

1. The 75% Sale won't start tomorrow

2. The 75% Sale will start tomorrow

3. Only toys will be in The 75% Sale tomorrow

4. The 75% Sale will start next Tuesday

5. The 75% Sale will start next Wednesday

6. Nobody at Boots knows when The 75% Sale will start

7. There isn't going to be a 75% Sale this year

8. The Online 75% Sale will start on the same day as in store

9. The Online 75% Sale won't start on the same day as in store

I'm putting my money on Number Ten!!

10. The Online 75% Sale will start at some point, and will crash 3 seconds later.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

xx

:rotfl:great points!!!!:rotfl:
  • wageslave
    wageslave Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Options
    Hallo Mr Snakeeyes :). I'm afraid there are just no words to explain why 58 (when you posted) people thanked the OP for what you refer to as "a bit of gossip". It would be like asking "why is the sea wet" or "why do most men need 4 million hints about buying a Christmas gift, and still get it wrong?".

This "bit of gossip" is guaranteed to make most Bootsers smile, or even hyperventilate, whether it's true or not. You post "you must all be women :o" and for some unknown reason, it is the fairer sex who are expected to find Birthday and Christmas presents for all the family, at rock bottom prices. :(

And we do! :) Mummies, Grandmas, Daughters, Aunties and Sisters sprinkle their Fairy Dust and Make Christmas Happen. Somehow, we manage to find fantastic gifts, in the post Christmas Sales, many of which have been bought in the 75% Boots sale.

It may only be a rumour. It may not amount to anything. But the OP deserves a medal for perseverance, and superb spying skills! ;) And it hasn't hurt anybody. And we love it! :T:T:T

xx

This is such a brilliant post Sandra, I felt I had to thank you twice

Signed
    A woman with an ever-increasing birthday and christmas list
    :smileyhea
    Retail is the only therapy that works
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    wageslave wrote: »
    This is such a brilliant post Sandra, I felt I had to thank you twice

Signed
    A woman with an ever-increasing birthday and christmas list
    :smileyhea

Thank you (she says, modestly ;)). Let's hope this week's [STRIKE]lottery win,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Boots 75% Sale[/STRIKE] special offers will enable you to buy lots of items on your lists!

xx
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    yummumsue wrote: »
    I was in Boots at Broomhill Glasgow today and overheard the assistant telling a friend that the 75% starts tomorrow
    they had no S&G and no Sactuary but the had alot of FCUK sets that was on OOTW and some Gok sets that were OOTW
    hope this helps ! But remember guys you can ge tbroke buying bargains ! Happy shopping

Noooooooooooooooo - I can only get to a tiny Boots tomorrow! Please make it Wednesday when I can make it to a mid size one! This is the first time in years I have been able to make it to the first day of the 75% and I'm really looking forward to it. I am actually excited!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport