Boots 75% off sale - possible date

Options

Comments

• wageslave
    wageslave Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Options
    I was in my local Boots today too and (quite casually:p) got talking to the very nice SA who was restocking the sales aisles.

She has been looking through the paperwork to see when "phase 3" of the sale starts because she needs the shelf space for sun creams etc which are marked to go out at the end of next week.

She expects the sale to start this Wednesday but , off course, she is only speculating. Having said that she has 12yrs experience to draw on and seemed to know what she was talking about.

I mentioned that I heard there would be no 75% thingy this year and she was extremely definite there would be. Phase 2 of the sale has gone well but they still have loads left.

wageslave<--may well be taking the whole thing a bit too seriously but I want Gok:o

Actually I am quite enjoying all the build up too...........
    Retail is the only therapy that works
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I was in the big Boots in Speke retail park today (Liverpool) and there is LOADS of 50% sale stuff still there. I'm not exaggerating - at least 6 aisles, possibly even more, fully crammed with stuff. Lots and lots of ex OOTW's eg. Gok, Fabulous, Fearn Cotton - plus loads of other stuff like Twilight sets, Religion mens sets, foodie gifts, alcoholic gifts, Christmas crackers. And, it didn't look to me like anyone was buying any of it - so they're not likely to want to keep all that there for more than a week tops. They've GOT to reduce it again to get rid, if the sale doesn't go ahead this week, I'm almost certain that it will next week :)
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Oh and as for previous years' start dates - I have a few in my diary!

Monday 10/01/2005
    Didn't record 2006 although I know I went, and in 2007 I'd just had a baby so I missed out.
    Tuesday 15/01/2008
    Wednesday 14/01/2009
    Wednesday 20/01/2010 (due to start Wed 13th but postponed "due to snow")
  • wageslave
    wageslave Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    Oh and as for previous years' start dates - I have a few in my diary!

Monday 10/01/2005
    Didn't record 2006 although I know I went, and in 2007 I'd just had a baby so I missed out.
    Tuesday 15/01/2008
    Wednesday 14/01/2009
    Wednesday 20/01/2010 (due to start Wed 13th but postponed "due to snow")

I love an organised woman:lovethoug

So, it is increasingly, looking like this Wednesday laydeez.

wageslave<--invents dentists appointment for 0930 on Wednesday so she has to leave work. Or possibly a doctors appointment. I haven't quite made up my mind yet..........
    Retail is the only therapy that works
  • Justcoll
    Justcoll Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    wageslave wrote: »
    wageslave<--invents dentists appointment for 0930 on Wednesday so she has to leave work. Or possibly a doctors appointment. I haven't quite made up my mind yet..........
    Nah... what you do is phone the boss and say "I have a splitting headache and I'm out of those wonderful Boots-brand painkillers (they're the only ones that work for me) so I'll have to stop in and get some on my way to work..... If it takes you a while you can always blame the crowds of MSE shoppers. ;)
    My message to that greedy wunch of bankers:
    Debts another fine mess you got us into!

If you see somone who hasn't got a smile, give them one of yours.
  • rainbow_791
    rainbow_791 Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does any one know what the stock in metro centre is like? Thanks :)
  • paxton1978_2
    Options
    Justcoll wrote: »
    Nah... what you do is phone the boss and say "I have a splitting headache and I'm out of those wonderful Boots-brand painkillers (they're the only ones that work for me) so I'll have to stop in and get some on my way to work..... If it takes you a while you can always blame the crowds of MSE shoppers. ;)

then all you have to worry about is explaining why you have 7 or 8 huge carrier bags full of 'painkillers'! :rotfl:
  • pr1nc3ss
    pr1nc3ss Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Was in my local @ Crewe on Friday and they literally have nothing left! The shelves are empty :(
  • curlychick
    Options
    I asked in store today, and agian got told that there would be no sale this year.. however he looked like he didnt have a clue, and there was quite a bit of stuff left so I don't believe them!
  • curlychick
    Options
    pS does anyone know what the stock is like in ilford branch?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure