Be Warned!! Barclays SOS + Warmsure aka EAGA.com

Options
Dear all,

Words cannot describe the absolute nightmare that we have been through over the last 7 days because of Barclays SOS, Warmsure owned by eaga.com

The problem is with the drain off on my central heating - it leaks and has to be replaced. Three engineers have been to my property all three claim that they did not know what the problem was, and cannot do the repair.

The 1st engineer arrived on Sunday 2nd of January at 19:00 and spent a total of 5 minutes at my home. (No attempt to stop leak)

The 2nd engineer arrived on Thursday 6th of January at 12:15 after being promised the engineer will be at our home before 10 am. This one at least walked back to the van to fetch a little tub of plumbers putty and plugged that into the whole. Then had the audacity to say he does "private" jobs and that we should call him if we needed anything fixed.

The 3rd engineer arrived on Sunday 9th of January at 18:25, spent a total of 10 minutes at my house on the phone to the Warmsure office to tell them he cannot do anything because he doesn't have time for the job.

I feel sorry for the elderly people who have to deal with this company, in this cold winter I would not be surprised if people have died because of no heating and having to wait for a EAGA/Warmsure engineer?

I will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman tomorrow, raising a complaint with Barclays and getting some form of compensation.

Good luck to all of you having problems with warmsure.

Daniel, Stotfold

Comments

• zigzagzig
    Options
    had very similar problems with eaga [through scottish power] 22 days with no heating . had 4 engineers , 3 of which had no idea and came in there own cars . cowboys . got lied to by engineers and call staff. got some comp from scot power . but refusing eaga's offer of 80 pounds .cost me over 20 in phone calls and waited in 3 days for engineers who did not turn up . disgraceful service.
  • zppp
    zppp Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    Options
    kabousie wrote: »
    I will be contacting the Financial Ombudsman tomorrow, raising a complaint with Barclays and getting some form of compensation.

Just so you are aware, you cannot complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service until you have exhausted Barclays' complaints procedure or 8 weeks have lapsed since your intial complaint.
    Best Regards

zppp :)

• McCuddly
    McCuddly Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't you have to complain to Eaga? As it says in the Premier Life (I have this account so know) that its provided by Eaga and all complaints should be made to them.
  • itsrachelhere
    Options
    zigzagzig wrote: »
    had very similar problems with eaga [through scottish power] 22 days with no heating . had 4 engineers , 3 of which had no idea and came in there own cars . cowboys . got lied to by engineers and call staff. got some comp from scot power . but refusing eaga's offer of 80 pounds .cost me over 20 in phone calls and waited in 3 days for engineers who did not turn up . disgraceful service.

wow, it's like they deliberately try to make peoples life a misery! We have been without heating for 17 days now, looking like it will potentially be 19 in total at the end (I am so going to regret saying that arent I!) How did you go about the complaints process to the point they offered compensation? In our situation the engineer failed to contact eaga to say that parts needed to be ordered. Eventually they were ordered but it was too late for them to arrive before new year. They then arrived last Tuesday, apparently, but no one did anything with them and they were left in the head office (despite me phoning up each day asking what was happening). They then phoned on Friday to make an appointment to come and repair the boiler on Monday, but no one turned up, so contacted them and they said that the parts were never actually there and so no one should have made an appointment (?!) I questioned this saying why was I told on the Tuesday they had arrived, and then they changed it to say that not all the parts were ordered (it's a fan that needs replacing - surely it all comes in one pack??) and the parts were then ordered when they realised on the 6th Jan. They say they should turn up by Weds, but not holding my breathe. I made a second complaint to Barclays yesterday, but havent heard anything back yet (and they are almost at their 24 hour limit). I personally have found warmsure themselves to be ok - the call staff have always been helpful - it seems to be the engineers the works contracted out to that are the problem. It's such a complex system it seems that people can not do their job, but it will be impossible to pinpoint who was to blame, and so people dont do their jobs properly.

Least I am not alone in freezing in my own home over this Christmas break. Sucks doesnt it!
  • itsrachelhere
    Options
    yes, definitely spoke too soon... just spoken to them and apparently the wrong part was ordered, but it's ok, a new one was ordered TODAY. That's strange, seeing they told me yesterday it had been ordered on the 6th January!
  • zigzagzig
    Options
    wow, it's like they deliberately try to make peoples life a misery! We have been without heating for 17 days now, looking like it will potentially be 19 in total at the end (I am so going to regret saying that arent I!) How did you go about the complaints process to the point they offered compensation? In our situation the engineer failed to contact eaga to say that parts needed to be ordered. Eventually they were ordered but it was too late for them to arrive before new year. They then arrived last Tuesday, apparently, but no one did anything with them and they were left in the head office (despite me phoning up each day asking what was happening). They then phoned on Friday to make an appointment to come and repair the boiler on Monday, but no one turned up, so contacted them and they said that the parts were never actually there and so no one should have made an appointment (?!) I questioned this saying why was I told on the Tuesday they had arrived, and then they changed it to say that not all the parts were ordered (it's a fan that needs replacing - surely it all comes in one pack??) and the parts were then ordered when they realised on the 6th Jan. They say they should turn up by Weds, but not holding my breathe. I made a second complaint to Barclays yesterday, but havent heard anything back yet (and they are almost at their 24 hour limit). I personally have found warmsure themselves to be ok - the call staff have always been helpful - it seems to be the engineers the works contracted out to that are the problem. It's such a complex system it seems that people can not do their job, but it will be impossible to pinpoint who was to blame, and so people dont do their jobs properly.

Least I am not alone in freezing in my own home over this Christmas break. Sucks doesnt it!

your problems with warmsure are so like mine . scottish power sorted out my complaints with warmsure. they have now upped the offer of comp, and cancelled my contract. plus I get back all my direct debits back. I am happyish with the out come , after the 3 weeks of hell they put me through. Their customer complaints dept is in hull. tel no 0800 408 6024 . good luck.
  • itsrachelhere
    Options
    zigzagzig wrote: »
    your problems with warmsure are so like mine . scottish power sorted out my complaints with warmsure. they have now upped the offer of comp, and cancelled my contract. plus I get back all my direct debits back. I am happyish with the out come , after the 3 weeks of hell they put me through. Their customer complaints dept is in hull. tel no 0800 408 6024 . good luck.
    Thanks for that. I have to complain through Barclays myself. Amusingly (or not so), when I phoned to complain the person entering it onto the system didnt enter the information properly, so my second complaint was never registered. Transpires that the parts which were initially ordered went missing, and it took them then another 9 days to realise this and order another part a couple of days ago (despite me being on the phone each day seeing what was happening, and them assuring me the parts were there and just being transported up to Birmingham). Latest is that the parts arent available at the minute so need to come from the manufacturer. Think that means we are looking at middle of next week at the earliest... Definitely will be expecting some form of compensation for this - we pay for a service to ensure things like this don't happen!!
  • kabousie
    kabousie Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    If we have to spend this much time to get Warmsure to do a simple job, imagine all the elderly people in cold homes waiting for engineers, because they believe all the Warmsure lies.

I had 4 engineers to repair a simple problem, 3 turned up and said they couldn't do it. These engineers are just lazy, they get paid if they turn up and not to fix a problem!

Warmsure I hate you - you can go to the same place those evil banks went. Don't worry, nobody will realise you are gone
  • annoyedgasman
    Options
    just for your info about eaga and warmsure...the company is losing most of its government grant money from this year so things are going to get alot worse for anybody with cover....also they have just been brought out by Carrillion and they are laying off lots of staff...they cant cope now!!
    Good luck to all you people who have cover but i think u best find someone who is local and with knowledge of boiler/heating breakdowns.
  • TheMunchkin
    Options
    Oh no, not looking good for us then. Our boiler broke down just over 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Not a happy bunny - Especially with a baby in the house. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure