John Lewis - surprised at such bad customer service

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Pramilla
    Pramilla Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]After 20 years our old cooker needed replacement, though it was still working. After much research we opted for a John Lewis brand cooker and buying from JL. The cooker conked within days. After much too-ing and fro-ing between my husband and customer services, a workman was finally sent out who advised getting a replacement. Again much too-ing and fro-ing with an email saying one thing and a text another until finally workmen arrived to remove the faulty cooker - with no replacement and no idea as to when we'd receive a replacement. THIS WAS DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Faced with the prospect of no baking or cooking over the festive season, we insisted on a replacement at the same time as removal. Finally the two things were arranged to coincide in the new year.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The replacement has now, within months, shown all manner of faults. JL arranged to send a workman in between 2 and 5 on a given date. My husband waited at home for the entire afternoon and finally at 5:30 the workman called to say he might be with us in a further half hour. At 6:30, when my husband had finally been forced to leave for an important engagement, the workman called again to say he was on his way. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]JL's website says that if an arrangement is made and we are not home they will charge us. i.e. their time is important and worth money. Apparently this doesn't work the other way around. Now we have to await another call or email again to make another arrangement, wait again and hope because apparently our time, the time of paying customers, is not important and not worth anything. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I went onto the JL website to say all this and received an email rejecting my review as unsuitable. AND TELLING ME THAT IF I HAD A PROBLEM TO TAKE IT UP WITH CUSTOMER SERVICES. I think that either the moderator is functionally illiterate or totally stupid - or perhaps it's just JL continuing to treat us like we not only don't matter but we cannot even have a voice to protest being treated like rubbish[/FONT]
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Pramilla wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]After 20 years our old cooker needed replacement, though it was still working. After much research we opted for a John Lewis brand cooker and buying from JL. The cooker conked within days. After much too-ing and fro-ing between my husband and customer services, a workman was finally sent out who advised getting a replacement. Again much too-ing and fro-ing with an email saying one thing and a text another until finally workmen arrived to remove the faulty cooker - with no replacement and no idea as to when we'd receive a replacement. THIS WAS DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Faced with the prospect of no baking or cooking over the festive season, we insisted on a replacement at the same time as removal. Finally the two things were arranged to coincide in the new year.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The replacement has now, within months, shown all manner of faults. JL arranged to send a workman in between 2 and 5 on a given date. My husband waited at home for the entire afternoon and finally at 5:30 the workman called to say he might be with us in a further half hour. At 6:30, when my husband had finally been forced to leave for an important engagement, the workman called again to say he was on his way. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]JL's website says that if an arrangement is made and we are not home they will charge us. i.e. their time is important and worth money. Apparently this doesn't work the other way around. Now we have to await another call or email again to make another arrangement, wait again and hope because apparently our time, the time of paying customers, is not important and not worth anything. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I went onto the JL website to say all this and received an email rejecting my review as unsuitable. AND TELLING ME THAT IF I HAD A PROBLEM TO TAKE IT UP WITH CUSTOMER SERVICES. I think that either the moderator is functionally illiterate or totally stupid - or perhaps it's just JL continuing to treat us like we not only don't matter but we cannot even have a voice to protest being treated like rubbish[/FONT]

You don't need to keep posting the same thing on different forums. It's the third I've seen it on.

The John Lewis website allows you to leave product reviews. This is not a product review, it is a service complaint. The email you received is correct, you need to speak to customer service. Perhaps it's not the moderator that is "functionally illiterate or totally stupid"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure