Make retro candy/sweet boxes and bouquets for adults & kids + Photos (MERGED)

Options

Comments

• hayley50
    hayley50 Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget Makro we're just munching our way through a box of 300 :o sherbet flying saucers. They cost 3 quid, saw a jar in BHS today I admit the BHS jar was nicer but not worth the 12 quid they were charging for it :mad:

They sell loads of gorgeous things (I'm normally at least 20 mins in the aisle drooling!) bon bons, cherry lips, all kids of penny sweets etc ideal if you fancy making up a few of these boxes, we like them as a break from the traditional tin of roses/quality street/celebrations (chocolate overload).:p
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    hayley50 wrote:
    Don't forget Makro we're just munching our way through a box of 300 :o sherbet flying saucers. They cost 3 quid, saw a jar in BHS today I admit the BHS jar was nicer but not worth the 12 quid they were charging for it :mad:

They sell loads of gorgeous things (I'm normally at least 20 mins in the aisle drooling!) bon bons, cherry lips, all kids of penny sweets etc ideal if you fancy making up a few of these boxes, we like them as a break from the traditional tin of roses/quality street/celebrations (chocolate overload).:p

giggle.gif i was going to suggest makro... i used to work on the tills in makro and seeing every kind of sweet coming through the till was tempting to say the least lol
  • colnkits
    colnkits Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    What a fantastic idea :)

Thanks Op.

I'm going to have a look out for a suitable box and make one for my brother
  • kellyf_2
    kellyf_2 Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    they had bags of cola cubes,pineapple cubes,etc in farmfoods last week
    they were selling them 4 bags for £1

hth

Kelly
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    BHS are selling little bags with a few packs of love hearts or 3 sherbet dips for £3!!!!! Robbing so and so's. They also had a pack with 4 packs of 10p sweets for £3 and people were buying them - mugs!!!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Options
    Not sure if this is of any use...but thought that would be handy to have
    re-usable containers.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=12842&doy=4m11

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=32808&doy=4m11

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=26133&doy=4m11

Loads of different ones on that particular site, but sure similar can be bought elsewhere.
  • poppielia
    Options
    FAB IDEA!
    I am not the most creative person but i will be making one or two of these.
    Could even use the boxes after crimbo for the kiddies as a kind of portion control.
    FOR EXAMPLE: Fill the box back up with penny sweets ect and then make a deal with the kids that they can have 1 compartment of the sweets everyday but nothing else! (no chocolate/crisps/other junk).
    When the box is empty they could even tell you what sweets they would like the box filled back up with.
    ( Just an idea as i am careful with what sweeties i allow my daughter to have, also would be much cheaper than buying loads of other sweeties/chocolate/crisps ect!)
    2007 Competition challenge.( Win back my ntl internet costs for a year) Target £220 Have won so far = £9.99 Loreal revitalift pot of cream. and = £14.95 Royal mail smilers stamps!

Weight loss challenge started 3/1/07= Target 5 stone/ loss so far 3 stone and 4lbs (yay!)
  • wendyh
    wendyh Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got home from The Works and they had a 10 compartment plastic box for 99p. The compartments are also a good size so you could put packs of small haribo style packs in without squashing them too much.:T :j :T
  • tiptoes
    tiptoes Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Found these jars thought may be they could be layered up with diffrent sweets, the way you do with bath salts.

http://www.britishcandy.com/jar_sweets_uk_supplier_and_wholesale3014.htm
    GC: £400/ £0
  • sallypurple
    Options
    These look great fun. I did something similar last year for my daughters with a few girly bits like make up and hair clips in as well. I think this year I would like to do them for the grown-ups. I am going to theme them - MIL loves licorice and my Dad likes Marzipan. Thanks for reminding me about them.:T
    :snow_laug HM Christmas 2010
    Knitted squares - [STRIKE]6[/STRIKE]13. pages of ideas - [STRIKE]7[/STRIKE] 19:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure