World Book Night: one million free books to give away - have you been selected?

Options

Comments

• bubs
    bubs Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks OP, just registered, hope I get picked!
  • koolkatsaffi
    Options
    One week later its on Magic Freebies so they will be be going fast...Just shows that THIS is the best site to be for freebies...;)

:heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • myusernamehasgone_2
    Options
    I have just had the following email. Givers still needed

"we still need more givers to register so we wanted to ask you to help us spread the word by telling all your friends and family about World Book Night and encouraging them to be givers. We've extended the application deadline to the end of January and, in response to feedback, made the application process easier.

And we also wanted to assure you that it won't effect your chances of being a giver!

We've changed the process for how givers are chosen for 2012. Our core objective is to ensure that the WBN books reach non or light readers but we do also want to ensure that givers are spread throughout the country. Givers will be chosen first and foremost based on their commitment to give books to non or light readers and the answers to the questions to where, who and why, and then geographic location and when applications were received will be taken in to account.

So providing you've fulfilled our criteria of spreading the love of reading to new readers then how early you've applied will be taken in to account.

We'll let you know whether or not you've been sucessful in February but will keep in touch in the mean time."
  • koolkatsaffi
    Options

We'll let you know whether or not you've been sucessful in February but will keep in touch in the mean time."

I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this yet:question:

:heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • faith2009uk
    Options
    I received this email yesterday:

Dear Giver

Congratulations! You have been chosen as a World Book Night giver and the book you will be giving away is The Time Traveler's Wife which is your 1st choice. We're sorry to have kept you waiting for so long to find out but we hope you're pleased....

Really pleased as wouldnt have thought about doing it if i hadn't have seen it on here!

Hope there are some other lucky MSEs :)
  • SEGGA1986
    Options
    I also got the same email today to faith2009uk cant wait wahooo :)
    :j Here's to great things to come in 2015 :j

May everyone be lucky :T
  • koolkatsaffi
    Options
    Oooo well done you two! :T

I've not heard anything yet - Did it last year & had a great time! :D

Hope I get a positive result too! :-)

• meece
    meece Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    I registered as soon as I knew about it but not heard anything yet. I emailed them for an update and they asked when I registered and I replied but I've not heard anything.

I hope I am lucky it was so nice last year, but then again maybe it's someone elses turn this year.

Well done to everyone that is a giver, its so lovely to give something for people to enjoy. :)
    "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.":D
    Miss Mona, The Best Little *****house in Texas
  • bunnywunny
    Options
    i just got email to say ive been chosen as a giver too
  • ashudamnu
    Options
    what do you have to do with the book? im still not fully sure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories