World Book Night: one million free books to give away - have you been selected?

Options

Comments

• ScaredCrow
    Options
    I got my first choice - Pride and Prejudice. I already have a copy, but wanted this to give to our local school.

Was horrified to find that children these days dont get the book to read themselves, unless they are lucky enough to check one out of the library - teacher reads the book and they discuss. I know its a few years back (ok, maybe more than a few now) but we all had the book to read when i was at school. Both last year and now this, ive been able to donate the books so they can let the children have a book themselves.

That's a great idea. :) I too had to study this book at school around 5 years ago and the school did not provide us with copies so we were made to purchase our own copies which I think were around £6.99 or more each, and a lot of people had difficulty getting their hands on a copy. So I just wanted to say thank you for doing that it's such a nice thought. :)
    :happylove
  • sarah*a
    sarah*a Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm getting copies of Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson. Am involved with saving the local library so I think they will be going towards an event for there.

I've got the same book and am hoping to organise something with my library too - I know they did something last year. If not there will be a bigger event on in the city centre.
  • atarisrocks
    Options
    anyone else not get any of there choices
  • iansmithwolves
    Options
    Got my first choice, The Damned United. To be handed out in the Steve Bull Stand, Molineux, at the closest home game to WBN.
  • chaplin1409
    Options
    I got my first choice : ) this is the first time for me and I wondered what people actual did for handing out thier books

I am very excited now

Michaela
  • koolkatsaffi
    Options
    anyone else not get any of there choices

I've not heard anything yet...:(

Has anyone had a rejection email?
    :heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • koolkatsaffi
    Options
    I got my first choice : ) this is the first time for me and I wondered what people actual did for handing out thier books

I am very excited now

Michaela

I took mine to a (motor) bike meeting ;)

Went down a storm! :D

Applied for Sir Terry Pratchett's 'Good Omens' as I believe that the humour in his writing would have gone down well amongst the biking circles but not heard anything back from WBN 2012 yet so don't think I've been lucky this year!

Fab news to all of you that have tho! :j

:heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Got my first choice, The Damned United. To be handed out in the Steve Bull Stand, Molineux, at the closest home game to WBN.
    I got my first choice of same title.. to be handed out at Craven Cottage - at the closest home game to WBN :beer:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    I got The Damned United - to be handed out at a Leeds FE College.

My first year doing this so super excited to get my first choice
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • atarisrocks
    Options
    has anyone else had problems selecting a collection point as my account just logs into the main page
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure