World Book Night: one million free books to give away - have you been selected?

Options

Comments

• Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just want to mention that the site must be busy as it is very slow at the moment and is prone to getting a bit stuck!...;)

I was a giver last year, do you know if I have to re-apply or do I get an email from them to apply again.
  • koolkatsaffi
    koolkatsaffi Posts: 628 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 24 October 2011 at 7:09PM
    Options
    I was a giver last year, do you know if I have to re-apply or do I get an email from them to apply again.

I got an email from them stating the above as in my first post...I think you all have to go through the application process judging by this line:

Givers will be chosen based on where, to whom and why you want to give the books

I really enjoyed it last year so Im hoping I get picked again!..

I do note tho that it is half the number of books this year - Still a great concept in my opinion!...
    :)
    :heartpuls Gains & £'s saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE! :heartpuls

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle :)
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    I can't get the site to load at all. I presume it's very busy.
  • juliet_f
    juliet_f Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having the same problem OneYorkshireLass, it looks like the server is down.
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    site never loads. seems like last yrs website fiasco hasnt taught them much.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got an email from them stating the above as in my first post...I think you all have to go through the application process judging by this line:

Givers will be chosen based on where, to whom and why you want to give the books

I really enjoyed it last year so Im hoping I get picked again!..

I do note tho that it is half the number of books this year - Still a great concept in my opinion!...:)
    Thats prob cos with some titles ppl had trouble getting rid. I know I did with the rubbish they allocated me instead of my choice.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • adxm
    adxm Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    this looks really interesting!
    definitely going to apply
  • FlyingDutchman
    Options
    Thanks koolkatsaffi, I've signed up.

I won tickets to attend the meeting in Trafalgar Square, which also got me a t-shirt, but I misunderstood the concept and didn't bring any books! I felt SO embarrassed. :o

If you want to go straight to the application form (though the site seems pretty quick now) then go here.

I hope MSErs will be out in force. :)
    Life's what you make it....

"I've got one, two, three, [STRIKE]four[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE]... senses working overtime..", XTC. :sad:

Life beyond voluntary work scares me, but what else is there? :cry:
  • meece
    meece Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    I did this last year, it was 44 books I think, 24 this year which is much more sensible!

Some odd choices this year in my opinion, but then again would be very dull if we all liked the same thing.
    "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.":D
    Miss Mona, The Best Little *****house in Texas
  • juliet_f
    juliet_f Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    Site up and running again! I've just applied. Fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure