Mistreated at job centre - filing a complaint.

Options

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    dexter25 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]I search over 8hours a day at the moment; I despise the job centre completely and can't wait to get back in work. I've been out of work two months and have tried my hardest applying for anything I could possible do so far interviews is as far as I get.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I get a second Interview for a job (10-1 chance), that I not only want, but is a career choice. I was due to go to interview in Nottingham at their Head office this morning travelling from Sheffield...........[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thought no fault of my own, I've been sent a giro payment because they muck-up whatever, which they'd not admit to or say sorry. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I get paid into my bank for a reason, the post is crap gone downhill I should know I worked for RM over 10 years.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Because of their crap service and indifference I've missed one of the most important interview of my Career with not a chance of a reschedule.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]THANKS Job Centre Plus![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unless you've ever had to use them, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]you have not a clue how much they hinder and not help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours Sincerely, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The White Collared Gentleman [/FONT]

Could you not have borrowed £10 for the train?
    Gone ... or have I?
  • dseventy
    dseventy Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I search over 8hours a day at the moment; I despise the job centre completely and can't wait to get back in work. I've been out of work two months and have tried my hardest applying for anything I could possible do so far interviews is as far as I get.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I get a second Interview for a job (10-1 chance), that I not only want, but is a career choice. I was due to go to interview in Nottingham at their Head office this morning travelling from Sheffield...........[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thought no fault of my own, I've been sent a giro payment because they muck-up whatever, which they'd not admit to or say sorry. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I get paid into my bank for a reason, the post is crap gone downhill I should know I worked for RM over 10 years.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Because of their crap service and indifference I've missed one of the most important interview of my Career with not a chance of a reschedule.....[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]THANKS Job Centre Plus![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unless you've ever had to use them, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]you have not a clue how much they hinder and not help.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours Sincerely, [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The White Collared Gentleman [/FONT]

If it was your "career choice" why could you not borrow the cash for the train?

Hands up who would let a small train fare get in the way of their "career choice" job?

D70
    How about no longer being masochistic?
    How about remembering your divinity?
    How about unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
    How about not equating death with stopping?
  • cassieB57
    cassieB57 Posts: 506 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]I search over 8hours a day at the moment; I despise the job centre completely and can't wait to get back in work. I've been out of work two months and have tried my hardest applying for anything I could possible do so far interviews is as far as I get.

I get a second Interview for a job (10-1 chance), that I not only want, but is a career choice. I was due to go to interview in Nottingham at their Head office this morning travelling from Sheffield...........

Thought no fault of my own, I've been sent a giro payment because they muck-up whatever, which they'd not admit to or say sorry.

I get paid into my bank for a reason, the post is crap gone downhill I should know I worked for RM over 10 years.....

Because of their crap service and indifference I've missed one of the most important interview of my Career with not a chance of a reschedule.....

THANKS Job Centre Plus!

Unless you've ever had to use them,
    you have not a clue how much they hinder and not help.

Yours Sincerely,

The White Collared Gentleman [/FONT]

Did you apply for help under the 'Travel to Interview Scheme'?
  • Animal103
    Options
    my recent events with the job centre were i moved in with my gf i was claiming jsa and she was on income support having 2 children i was told to sign of at my current jobcentre and reclaim for both of us at my gf's address we was given a number to ring by the jobcentre in the area i was moving to my gf rang it gave all the details and was told she wudnt have to sign and i would. wen at the interview at the jobcentre we was told that i wasnt booked in but my gf was and that she would have to sign and not me even though she is now 22 weeks pregnant after 7 weeks of recieving nothing from jsa we have finally sorted it out ish she has to sign till she is 29 weeks still and i dont ? the woman in the jobcentre hadnt looked at the form we filled in and just passed it over ( the reason for the 7 weeks with no benefits). oh and ive tried speaking to the jobcentre and they wont speak to me about the claim through data protection act ? they will only speak to my gf ?. now we have been told we have to sign of in 6 weeks to go on income support as my gf will be 29 weeks then and neither of us sign.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Animal103 wrote: »
    my recent events with the job centre were i moved in with my gf i was claiming jsa and she was on income support having 2 children i was told to sign of at my current jobcentre and reclaim for both of us at my gf's address we was given a number to ring by the jobcentre in the area i was moving to my gf rang it gave all the details and was told she wudnt have to sign and i would. wen at the interview at the jobcentre we was told that i wasnt booked in but my gf was and that she would have to sign and not me even though she is now 22 weeks pregnant after 7 weeks of recieving nothing from jsa we have finally sorted it out ish she has to sign till she is 29 weeks still and i dont ? the woman in the jobcentre hadnt looked at the form we filled in and just passed it over ( the reason for the 7 weeks with no benefits). oh and ive tried speaking to the jobcentre and they wont speak to me about the claim through data protection act ? they will only speak to my gf ?. now we have been told we have to sign of in 6 weeks to go on income support as my gf will be 29 weeks then and neither of us sign.
    i doubt they would allow a couple to live on income support when you are capable of working. surely you will somehow be able to take responsibility for the claim and be signing on etc.
  • Callow_Mad_Musician_1985
    Callow_Mad_Musician_1985 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 November 2011 at 4:33AM
    Options
    I had to sign on between Oct 2009 and Dec 2009.

I acknowledge some people do not like going to the Job Centre.

But I adamantly feel, it should not be analysed any more than the following:

1. Walk in
    2. Wait
    3. Be called
    4. Answer a few short questions
    5. Sign the declaration.
    6. Leave, safe in the knowledge you have secured another two weeks of payment.

Nothing else matters and is irrelevant.

Now, anything else you feel, whether anger, humiliation, imagined injustice against you or shame is totally and unequivocally your problem.

If you want work, then use your resources to find it.

Apart from receiving the payment in your bank account, any other matter, such as behaviour and attitude of Job centre staff is insignificant.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had to sign on between Oct 2009 and Dec 2009.

I acknowledge some people do not like going to the Job Centre.

But I adamantly feel, it should not be analysed any more than the following:

1. Walk in
    2. Wait
    3. Be called
    4. Answer a few short questions
    5. Sign the declaration.
    6. Leave, safe in the knowledge you have secured another two weeks of payment.

Nothing else matters and is irrelevant.

Now, anything else you feel, whether anger, humiliation, imagined injustice against you or shame is totally and unequivocally your problem.

If you want work, then use your resources to find it.

Apart from receiving the payment in your bank account, any other matter, such as behaviour and attitude of Job centre staff is insignificant.
    er they ask for evidence now. so people can worry that they will find a fault. they often refer people for jobs that they arent qualified for etc. you do need to worry about their behaviour if it results in you getting sanctioned.
  • Callow_Mad_Musician_1985
    Callow_Mad_Musician_1985 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 3 November 2011 at 8:33PM
    Options
    er they ask for evidence now. so people can worry that they will find a fault. they often refer people for jobs that they arent qualified for etc. you do need to worry about their behaviour if it results in you getting sanctioned.

Apparently not.

Meet your job seekers agreement, don't renege on that. If you meet it, which you will if you were actively looking for employment, results in all relevant evidence being established with ease. Subsequently, they will be precluded from imposing their sanctions.

Find a fault? Only if your uneducated and imbecile like self lets them. They are not your friends or family, so don't expect it to be amicable dealing with them.

There are a plethora of websites that list vacancies and advice (the internet exists, does it not), not to mention pertinent books on CV writing (I bought one for £3.50).

Individuals need to set up a career path, stick to it, focus on acheiving that goal. There are a whole host of variables to consider and take into account when trying to ascertain why you are not finding work.

Assert your right to find the job you want, while being realistic, and then eradicate any problems you might have which are within your control.

So no, i don't see your points as vaild.

How they treat you doesn't matter, as long as it's legal and within the rules. Find out what the rules are and don't fall in any silly traps.

Don't base your feelings on other peoples actions or prejudices. Base them on common socially and economically accpeted norms. In a capitalist meritocracy and democratic society such as the UK, most mentally and physically able people should work, acknowledge that and don't worry what the patsies at the Job centre say.
  • adxm
    adxm Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    I really am dreading the day when I (might) have to sign on.. with the current situation right now in my area it doesn't look like i'll be getting anything in the next 6 months :-(
  • buttmunchzzzz
    Options
    i know this discussion was a while ago now, i got here from a google search and after reading about 10 pages, I thought I'd make an account, just to vent some anger, as I have literally just gone through exactly the same experience.

I just want other people to know, who may be going through the same thing right now and found this the same way I did, that they're not alone.

I agree with EVERYTHING Heart Shaped Diamond said. Even down to the sitting there trying to cry.
    Sadly I too am not very confident, and have absolutely no idea where I go from here, I want to file a complaint against her, but I'm unsure of how to do so, so if anyone is reading this, and can help. I'd appreciate it.

My interview today basically went like this:
    -Was told that if I do not find enough jobs it could affect my benefits
    -Then told about a job which had closed, which she said I should of applied for. (I hadn't seen it in my many jobsearchs)
    -I explained about some changes to my agreement, which I had gone through last week with my advisor. (Guess what, they hadn't been changed on the system, which she blamed on me)
    -She told me I would have to come back everyday, which I refused to do.
    -I have an appointment on Thursday, when I will need to change my jobseekers agreement, which should have already been done.
    -I muttered a Thanks (as I have manners, unlike this woman) she didn't even acknowledge me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure