**Make Me Rich This Year eBay or Else!!**

Options

Comments

• jovi20
    jovi20 Posts: 157 Forumite
    edited 1 March 2011 at 11:09PM
    Options
    Just added up my payments for February. Total of £79.44 for me after paypal & ebay fees of £29.32. I had hoped to make at least £100 this month, but didn't quite make it. If only we didn't have to pay fees!!!

I've got 35 items listed at the moment, 5 of which have bids on at a total of £11.21, so off to a better start for March.

Was dissapointed to recieve a low rating for postage and packaging on one of my recent items, as I always try to be fair with costings and have always posted items within 48 , usually 24 hrs of receiving payment.

Has anyone got any advice as to how much you charge for packaging, as when I look at most items they seem to have 50p -£1 plus above the postage costs. I have been adding approx 30p usually for packaging, so was amazed by the low score when the item had arrived within 3 days of end of listing. I know some people put free P&P , but it is usually added into cost of item when you compare with other listings.??

jovi20
    :T 2015 TARGETS :T
    Weight loss 12.5/112lb 18th feb -4.5lb, 25th feb -2.5lb, 4th mar -2.5, 11th Mar -3,

Savings £100 per month £300 /£1200
  • slipper75
    slipper75 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Can someone help me with an unpaid item case. I opened a case in the 'Resolution Center' 5 days ago and the buyer still hasn't paid. How do I close the case now and get my fees back? I've been trying to follow Ebay's instructions but keep getting put back to the same start page which does not explain how i can close the case in the Resolution center.

Do I just click on the options beside the item and choose 'Close Case'? Also, will this put an 'unpaid item mark' on the buyer which I do wish to have happen so others can watch out for her?

Thank you!
    [FONT=&quot]!!!!!![FONT=&quot] Make Me Rich This Year eBay & Gumtree [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    2013 goal is getting rid of all my clutter and it would be a bonus to make
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]£2000 again doing so!
    £291/£2000 = 15%
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • PrincessLou
    PrincessLou Posts: 503 Forumite
    Options
    slipper75 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Can someone help me with an unpaid item case. I opened a case in the 'Resolution Center' 5 days ago and the buyer still hasn't paid. How do I close the case now and get my fees back? I've been trying to follow Ebay's instructions but keep getting put back to the same start page which does not explain how i can close the case in the Resolution center.

Do I just click on the options beside the item and choose 'Close Case'? Also, will this put an 'unpaid item mark' on the buyer which I do wish to have happen so others can watch out for her?

Thank you!

Just click on the option beside the item 'Close Case' and the case will be closed. You will receive your fees back and the seller will receive an unpaid item mark. However, whether they really do receive an unpaid item mark is disputable because Ebay writes in it's terms that the buyer 'may' receive an unpaid item mark. Whether they do or not, we'll never know i guess. It is very annoying to know people can just do this and be getting away with it.
    Mortgage - £105,500
  • slipper75
    Options
    PrincessLou - I tried to click Close Case but it brings me back the original Resolution Centre and tells me that I've already opened a case for this item. Any thoughts?
    [FONT=&quot]!!!!!![FONT=&quot] Make Me Rich This Year eBay & Gumtree [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    £291/£2000 = 15%
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • slipper75
    Options
    Whoops - needed to scroll to the bottom of the page to do it. Thanks!
    £291/£2000 = 15%
    [/FONT][/FONT]
  • MiaowMiaow
    MiaowMiaow Posts: 414 Forumite
    Options
    All ebay parcels posted , £20.61 in the post office but think that is about right, just need to find some more items to list now!!
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have done just over 400 pounds this week so far :S... hmmm
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Omg mrscmr that is fantastic; I hope they were a few large items rather than 400+ items ? :rotfl:

I've got rid of 40 items in the last couple of weeks. The money might not be great at a little under £200 but the space those items have left is great :T
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
  • mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haha imagine if i said it was 400 items at 99p! omg... no it was about 15 items :)
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • Floxxie
    Floxxie Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would have believed you :D
    Mortgage start September 2015 £90000 MFiT #06
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing