edited 29 December 2010 at 10:09AM in Old style MoneySaving
2.6K replies 295.7K views

Replies

• ShysarahShysarah Forumite
    535 Posts
    Okies...

GC final..

I spent £43.35 when my budget was £40.00

Seeing as this was the lowest I have ever aimed for I am really pleased with this.

Thanks all xx
    GC 2011
    Jan £43.45/£40.00 Feb £55.14/£55.00 Mar £64.88/£120
    I MUST KEEP POSITIVE!!
    :A Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted (John Lennon) :A

• sorry for not keeping up with posts declaring at £175/ £200 down from ave of £300/month last year. Really chuffed :)
    Jan Grocery Challenge £175/£200 :j
  • edited 31 January 2011 at 4:31PM
    mrs-moneypennymrs-moneypenny Forumite
    15.5K Posts
    edited 31 January 2011 at 4:31PM
    blew it at the final weekend and overspent by going to stock up at farmfoods and aldi so declaring £427.43 for january
    but i drew an extra £60 out of the bank so am going to try and spend that less next month to recoup it - if that makes sense

am going to go for £340 in feburary
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Billie-joBillie-jo Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Managed to squeeze out one more NSD today making it 21/31 this month. Yippee

Final total for January 2011 is £177.14 so £22.86 under target :j Am hoping I can come under again in Feb particularly as we seem to have a lot in the freezer still.

Off to read Febuarys posts now, no doubt will 'see' you all over there.

Congrats to everyone coming in or under budget and to those who have gone over - well done for trying and good luck for Feb.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Declaring £246.79. Slightly under budget :D I have reduced the target for Feb but then I have ordered an online delivery to stock up lol. I think I should not have reduced the budget... Oh well, let's see how I do before looking for excuses! :D Looking forward to end the month with an amazing saving! I was used to spend around £400 so it has been a nice surprise to eat better for less money. I also started the challenge on the 10th so I hope to do better now all my mind is onto it. :)

See you in the Feb thread! http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3014672
    Quit smoking *1st January 2010*

13/12/2012, baby girl!!!
  • lolly101lolly101 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Hi Everyone,

Congratulations for everyone who was on/under target. I haven't had chance to post lately although have been saving my receipts, they come to a grand total of £102.32! That makes this month's total.... £241.90/£125 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I think I may have broken a GC record, lol.

Around £230 of that was spent in Tesco, this is where my problem lies. I adore Tesco as the prices are so cheap, yet when I go I end up spending so much more than I wanted to (can't resist those bargains!).
    This morning for example, I went for sugar free jelly and a kettle - I ended up buying £27 worth of food (not to mention the toys and kitchen gadgets)! Had I gone to the corner shop, I would have spent 95p on jelly and nothing else (I can't bear to buy many things from there as the prices are ridiculous).

I think I may go back to online shopping to avoid temptation. I will try again next month, with a target of £225. It doesn't seem like I'm trying to cut back much but I've spent the last two weeks on the Atkins diet (which ain't cheap!), so I imagine that I would have spent a lot more had I been on that diet the whole month.
  • DECLARING £133.86 For January £1.14 under budget 11 NSD's for the month. Will see everyone on the Feb thread!!!! Good luck
    SPC Member#1096 Target £150 Feb Count £82.18
    Aug Make£5P.DayChal £0/£155
    My August £100 Grocery Challenge £49.90/£100
  • SpiggleSpiggle Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Evening All, :wave:

I was back in work today and a NSD too. Declaring January total at £160.11 please MrsMcCawber. Very pleased with that as it includes the veggie seeds for the garden this year too. Billie-Jo I'll match your 21 NSD! :rotfl:Well done on the excellent underspend as well! :T

Superb result too NickJW, congratulations! :T And LTS you're getting closer and closer, brilliant! :T

Congratulations to everyone for your perseverence. :T Together we'll all get there in the end. ;)

Take care and see you on the Feb thread,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • piperskypipersky Forumite
    954 Posts
    Declaring £201.61 for January - £1.61 over budget. Not too bad for 2 adults (one with growing bump!) and two littlies :j

I have spent a bit of Febs budget, but for meals that I have meal planned laready IYSWIM (mostly whoopsied meat that I can freeze :money:)

See you on February thread :beer:
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • laloopilaloopi Forumite
    122 Posts
    I'm declaring a rather disappointing £280.81. I know it was driven by having friends and family round for dinner and therefore buying/cooking a lot more meat than usual but I probably could have done better. Never mind, will start again tomorrow!
    Must get organised and rejoin grocery challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Christmas lights running cost

We've crunched the numbers

MSE Guides

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals