2.6K replies 294.9K views

Replies

• edited 28 January 2011 at 6:41PM
    helen_jellyhelen_jelly Forumite
    3K Posts
    edited 28 January 2011 at 6:41PM
    Hi all

Declaring Jan at £313 - DH got paid early so we are finished for Jan

We have spent £32 today at L1dl and a local shop . £17 was on bulk buying using the second purse money but as there was only a tenner in there I've blown it already so I've decided to open the account in the purse with £20, meaning that there is now £4 in there [I owed it £1]. Tried to explain the system to DH but gave up quickly as he just looked at me goggly eyed lol :rotfl:

L1dl have Typhoo tea bags - 80 bags for £1.91 but they have 80 free in the box so 160 tea bags for £1.91 - thats where £11.46 of my bulk buying went.

Welcome to all the newbies - nice to see you on here - stick with us and remember - we never fail, we look, learn and move on

See you all on the new thread

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Done my first shop out of the Feb budget as I am working on 26th to 26th of the month-otherwise my feeble brain will get confused!
    £69.45 We had run out of quite a lot of things like washing powder and loo roll so hopefully next week will be a bit cheaper. :)
    "Sealed Pot challenge" member No 1099 2011/£26.00:j
    Crazy clothes challenge 2012-Budget £28.90/£100:eek:
    January 2012 Grocery challenge £378.27/£240 :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:
    14/16 NSD in January:mad::mad:
    2012 Weight loss challenge -5lbs :j
  • erm, I can't remember how to change my signature, can anyone help pls? lol

well I didn't feel well today so just had a £1.60 sandwich for brunch.

then tonight I had a tuna mayo jacket potato from stuff I had -
    gave the cat some of the tuna, oh I love her :D

not going out tomorrow and going to see family sunday so NSD's :)

as for breadmakers, I live on my own and don't eat much bread but like the sound of making my own pizza dough and diabetic friendly cakes etc.

is there such a thing as a breadmaker for one?! lol

take care all xxx
    Feb GC £298.72/£250 :o
    Mar GC £ ? / £300

Start SW this wk! :p
  • wssla00wssla00 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Evening all :) an NSD for me. Going to have chicken satay and a cider a bit later, so can't wait!

Anyway TFI friday :) Looking forward to a quiet one this weekend!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • I used to do a second purse-not the same as motherships but based around my freezer. When I used up a packet of something I put the cost of it-rounded up to the neares pound and not allowing for any discounts or bogofs into my second purse. So if I bought say 2 chciken meals on bogof at £1.99 I would put £2 in the second purse when I used one. I then had a surplus of moneyb over a few weeks which I used to restock the freezer and to use in general stockpiling. This is a good way of beginning your stockpile from scratch as its so gradual and you always have enough money then to replace your frozen food and to take advantage of good offers. I dont do it now simply because I dont need to(everything is full).
    An nsd today except for £1.50 car park at hospital which isnt in budget. £20 left until 31st. Any money left over(big IF) will be carried on for February spending as Ive cut down a lot this year and everything has gone up a lot so Im not trying to cut back further. DD had another lovely meal awaiting us on our return today of vegetarian toad in the hole turkey steaks,roasties stuffing, peas and carrots plus she has baked a victoria sandwich. So lucky to have a 16 yr old daughter doing this each week!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Hello everybody!

Can I join you for February?

I'm going to have a budget of £70 for February please. May swot up by reading this month thread ready to go.
    Total debt: [STRIKE]£9473.62[/STRIKE] £7,384.87 22% PAID
    TAF #25 NSD 8/12 | Food £43.45/£50 | eBay 0/20 | Exercise 5/18
    :T Proud to be Dealing with my Debt :T
    DFD: June 2015
  • piperskypipersky Forumite
    954 Posts
    I have gone over budget :o Only by £1.17, but still... Had to get the girls milk for which I had the money, but we ran out of margerine and I really can't have no toast OR sandwiches OR white sauce all weekend :eek:

I picked up some whoopsied mushrooms (35p) as I knew I was going to be slightly over budget anyway. Bad, bad pipersky... :p

*cough cough* I also bought some whoopsied lamb mince and cubed organic pork out of Feb's budget *ahem*
    Part time GCer, NSDer, Comper and (Bad)Flylady :o
    A big shot is just a little shot that kept shooting ...
  • kipperskippers Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    stefc87 wrote: »
    Oh, and just a quick question for the seasoned MSE's ;) is it a big myth that you spend less if you shop online rather than in store, or not?! Thanks :)

I have a list that i stick to regularly when i shop. I do stock up if there are any ' true bargins' that i regularly use. So for me it is more expensive to shop on-line as i have to pay delivery so i prefer to go into the supermarket....but only because i am really really disciplined.
    wannaBrich wrote: »
    erm, I can't remember how to change my signature, can anyone help pls? lol

Go to 'Quick links' on the green bar at the top of the page and then click on 'edit signature'
    :j :j :j :j :j
  • thanks Kippers, sorted my signature now :)
    Feb GC £298.72/£250 :o
    Mar GC £ ? / £300

Start SW this wk! :p
  • CupOfChaiCupOfChai Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    kippers wrote: »
    I have a list that i stick to regularly when i shop. I do stock up if there are any ' true bargins' that i regularly use. So for me it is more expensive to shop on-line as i have to pay delivery so i prefer to go into the supermarket....but only because i am really really disciplined.

I agree, I think it depends a lot on how you shop whether it's cheaper online or not. If you're the sort of person who likes to browse the shelves and pick up random things that take your fancy, it might be cheaper online if that way meant you wouldn't do this as much. If you stick rigidly to a list and are very disciplined as to what you buy, have a supermarket that always has great whoopsies, and/or live enough within reach that the delivery charge would be more expensive than just going in, it could be cheaper just to go yourself.

Personally, I prefer to go myself. I have to pick over everything and decide exactly which carrot I want, which tin of beans etc. Today, I've spent £17.11 on what I think's my last shop of January, now have everything I need in for most of next week. So I'd like to declare now at £66.96 out of £85! :j

I know what's done it too. For one thing, I've stopped buying one or two things that I decided were a waste of money. For the other, I've not bought any booze as I still have plenty bottles left that were Christmas gifts and such, which has undoubtedly helped! Even so, yay under budget!

I'll decide on and set my February budget when the thread goes up :) (unless it has already and I'm just being thick!).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides