How do I cancel my DLA claim.

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• moonbeam2007
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    I haven't. Funny how 3 GPs, 1 neurologist, numerous opticians, 3 opthamologists, a friend who has had to deal with me when I've run away or threatened to self-harm agree with me and disagree with the DWP.

You know nothing about my disabilities - so stop acting as though you do. You, like 99% of the population probably don't even know what half of my disabilities mean. Or do you think that having shoulders that crack every time my arms are raised is fun? Or having a constant burning pain due to issues with stomach acid is fun?

Oh, I forgot - no-one apart from your precious Dallas is disabled. The rest of us are clearly faking it.

Sorry this subject is so long didn't want to spend ages reading through it all.

Would you mind if I asked what your disability is? Thanks
    The day I had my Beautiful son is the day everything came together for me. For someone so small he done so much and made me complete.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry this subject is so long didn't want to spend ages reading through it all.

Would you mind if I asked what your disability is? Thanks

My current diagnoses are bilateral optic atrophy, depression, Nystagmus and undiagnosed stomach (it's to do with the acid) and muscle problems. Neurologist claims it's torticollis; Neurosurgeon says it's not.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • moonbeam2007
    Options
    My current diagnoses are bilateral optic atrophy, depression, Nystagmus and undiagnosed stomach (it's to do with the acid) and muscle problems. Neurologist claims it's torticollis; Neurosurgeon says it's not.

Oh dear you have a fair bit going on. Hope you get somewhere with DLA changing their rules in April as doesn't one of the above effect your sight? :)
    The day I had my Beautiful son is the day everything came together for me. For someone so small he done so much and made me complete.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    Oh dear you have a fair bit going on. Hope you get somewhere with DLA changing their rules in April as doesn't one of the above effect your sight? :)

2 of the above affect my sight - but vision is "too good" for HRM.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • moonbeam2007
    Options
    2 of the above affect my sight - but vision is "too good" for HRM.

Really, what is your vision? do DLA give you Care?
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    Really, what is your vision? do DLA give you Care?

I get low care and low mobility. My vision is 6/36 and 6/18 with glasses. (it does depend on the letters and whether someone has decided to shine a light into my eyes, as to how much I read)
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • moonbeam2007
    Options
    I get low care and low mobility. My vision is 6/36 and 6/18 with glasses. (it does depend on the letters and whether someone has decided to shine a light into my eyes, as to how much I read)

Well maybe they could improve you care rate to middle, worth a try? good luck though hope you work something out
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    Well maybe they could improve you care rate to middle, worth a try? good luck though hope you work something out

I've tried; but apparently, being colour blind, partially sighted and having upper muscular problems means I don't have problems getting dressed. I'm lucky if I don't pull a muscle putting a t-shirt on or go around wearing dirty clothes.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family