🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How much do you spend on alcohol per week/month

Options
Just wondering what people spend on alcohol a week? I don't drink but OH does. He drinks beer and whiskey. Tesco have has 3 crates for £20 before Xmas so bought 6- should last us a while, but when it's not on offer we could spend £8-£10 a week :-s
Also whiskey only buy when on offer but still £20-£25. Probs buy a bottle every 10 weeks...

Comments

• costaerer
    Options
    lol 39 people have read and no ones replied...guess no one drinks!!
  • shelley_crow
    Options
    we buy a bottle of brandy and some beers for gatherings but don't tend to drink very often, between the kids and work we don't have time to drink regularly.
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    0.00 i do not drink- i do not see the need

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • gemini12
    Options
    I occasionally buy a bottle of whisky but OH is the next best thing to an alcoholic in that if it is there he will drink it even if it is mine ie a gift I have received. We have alcohol for Christmas but little the rest of the year
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    Since I gave up the drink .......

A bottle of gin will last a month or so.

A couple of bottles of wine a week so usually no more than £15 (if I am buying half decent stuff)

I used to like whisky and would often buy good malt a month but even before I stopped drinking I had given that up and I have never liked whiskey.

Lager - maybe £10 every two months.

Got a lot of booze in at the moment and that should last us for a good few months.
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    Champagne/bucks fizz at xmas, beer in the summer if we have a bbq, other than that, nothing in a normal week.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    I can't drink due to the different meds I'm on, but OH saves Mr M stamps £1 a week and then at Xmas he buys what he wants.

His friends buy him his different favourite tipples for presents, but he only has a drink maybe 1-2 times a week. He rarely drinks beer, unless friends are round or we're visiting, but he is partial to a good bottle of wine over a weekend every so often. His taste is quite expensive, but we buy on offer when half price or if I can get a voucher code at Tesco.

So average per week about £3.50??

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Two or three bottles of wine or a couple of bottles of organic beer per week (between the two of us) - absolute max £15, but often less.
    Mr N likes a single malt whisky, which he is sometimes given as a gift - he has been given a bottle this year, but we don't buy it ourselves.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    I dont drink as a rule but I will maybe buy 2 bottles of bourbon a year (for myself)
    My OH however drink red wine and will buy one bottle a week every week. He also likes whisky so he buys a bottle maybe one every three months. He doesnt drink beer or lager.
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • steady__eddie
    Options
    I've gone over the top a bit this and spent about 45 quid on alcohol. :o
    Mind you, all of this is of the home brew variety and I've had 15 gallons of quite nice bitter, lager and cheeky pear cider. ;)
    And now for the bad news, due to the restraints of cool space, I have to sore the barrels in the pit in my garage. I dread to think what damage that this current spell of "inclement" weather may have done to it. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport