Library thread

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
3 replies 719 views
vivatifosivivatifosi Forumite
18.7K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
I work in a public library and know first-hand what they can do to help people live an MSE life: from borrowing books and DVDs to providing somewhere warm to go sit for a couple of hours.

Would it be possible to have a "getting the most out of your library" thread somewhere as a sticky? I don't kwow where it should live, but I know plenty of library people like me exist in MSE space that would be happy to answer questions if we knew a regular place to visit.

Apologies if such a thing already exists, but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks!
Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.

Replies

• And here I was thinking that libraries were just for reading, borrowing books and DVDs and getting out of the cold. I can't for the life of me think what else they're useful for that would justify a thread of their own.

Oh yes, of course - you can go online there. But then again, if you're reading this, you're already there and know about it, or you're online at home and don't need to go there!
  • GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we do have a book club thread in DT :)
    if you want to start a thread as outlined above in DT too that's fine although it probably doesn't need to be a sticky :)
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • vivatifosivivatifosi Forumite
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is interested, I've started a library thread on the Old Style board.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals