My 'getting rid of my debt' diary

Options

Comments

• wow just seen your signature - a whole three scored off and two going down, your really doing great!
    Ive still not worked up the courage to put mine on yet...
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Hi
    I was just browsing the forums and couldn't resist commenting on this. You said your OH has kidney failure... well mine does too and so I know just how hard that is to live with. You're doing so well to be so focussed on debt reduction on top of that!!
    Keep your chin up :-)
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Just another thought... is your hubby on dialysis? If so then I believe there are negotiations to be made with council tax, electric and water people for discounts. PM me if you like.
  • Just another thought... is your hubby on dialysis? If so then I believe there are negotiations to be made with council tax, electric and water people for discounts. PM me if you like.
    I think I seen something about that on TV or something - he should look into the disability benefits too, theres ones he may be entitled to even when he is working.
    You're doing so well to be so focussed on debt reduction on top of that!!
    Keep your chin up :-)
    I agree with that.

How are you getting on for now, inamin? With staying out of more debt/reducing debt, all your clicks etc?
  • inamin
    inamin Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Been off forum for a few days sorry. Having a nightmare of a time at work at the moment, My head is making everyones life difficult and morale is very low so been quite stressed.

Well '2011 will be debt free' I am not doing too bad. I think I might be able to make it to the end of the month now. I have booked a few more mystery shops plus sold a few more things on ebay. The problem is I don't get the money straight away but at least I know its coming so can ask parents to sub me if necessary.

Managed to clear the Lloyds OD now, have a bank account not in OD :jGranted it has NO money in it (It is literally on £0.00) but its not in debt!!! We didn't pay into that but finally after 2 years of battling with Lloyds my OH managed to get them to close the OD as it was there fault we becae overdrawn in the first place but they would not admit that and we refused to pay into it anyway it spiralled as they kept charging we kept refusing to pay etc etc then finally they agreed to close it. Now just got to battle with them to change the false status on my experian report (They've been reporting me Over overdraft limit for last 6 months, even if I took their side of the battle we'd been having I was still inside an agreed OD so they better sort that ASAP. Goin to ring again on Monday to see if they've done it yet.

Possibly sold my pram which will be a massive bonus if I can as the £70 cash would come in very handy this month. Can't believe we're only on the 8th Jan. Can't afford to spend even a penny that's not on the budget this month. Things are so tight I can't breath!!

Done some more clicking and made a few pounds. Plus was goingt o change to Sky for my phone broadband etc but was offered a deal with no installation cost on the phone but couldn't have it online. I explained that I wanted to do it online because I was using a cashback site and they were going to pay me £25 cashback. So she said she'd credit my account with £30 instead to keep my business, so in the end I did the deal on the phone saving £30 on the installation (got it free) plus effectively got £30 cashback instead of £25. WHich my first months bill with them is £0. Yeah!!!!!

Goint to do everthing through cashback sites now, can't believe I hadn't done it before. Its a shame there isn't cashback sites for doing grocery shopping etc.

How are you doing 2011? Any news on the job?

'Finding my own way': Thanks for the support, life is definitely difficult juggling debts, kids, my joint disease and hubby's renal failure. He's not on dialysis, not really an optionf or him only in the final stages before transplant which he'll probably never get in this country because a transplant cannot cure him only provide more time unlike other kidney dseases. SO he's botom of the heap so to speak. IS your OH on dialysis?

Right I'm off to ALDI to do the grocery shop, aiming to spend £50 max for weeks shop for two adults, two children plus one dog. Might not do it this week as its cooking weekend so needs ingredients for soups etc to freeze, but in the long run its cheaper than buying tinned soup and meals for work plus OH can't eat tinend anyway due to salt content.

Also going to speak to neighbours about ironing.

Don't feel I've made any real steps this month so far, I know my signature has gone down but not on the main ones, credit cards etc. In fact my ASDA card has gone up because I made a payment on it before xmas (I'd forgotten my debit card) and I meant to pay the amount straiht back onto the card, totally forgot and then ended up over limit so got £12 charge :mad: STUPID ME!!!! SO now ASDA amount actualy up!
    Barclays overdraft £1290 :(
    MBNA £3239 :(
    MBNA £4108 :(
    Extra payment a week challenge (started WC 11.5.2015) This week - £0 Total - £0
    £1000 emergency fund - £0/£1000
  • inamin
    Options
    Just updated my signature. Looks better than it is because the ones which have gone were not the biggest, still left with BIG CC debts. but its a start. x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi inamin, good luck with the debtbusting. If you are a teacher, could you perhaps do some tutoring in the evenings/weekends? It might be worth looking into as it's not too far away from exam season now.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • inamin
    Options
    Thanks Jwil, I already do some tutoring and have just readvertised for a free slot I have. I am hoping to fill it as that will help lots.
  • inamin wrote: »
    Been off forum for a few days sorry. Having a nightmare of a time at work at the moment, My head is making everyones life difficult and morale is very low so been quite stressed.

Well '2011 will be debt free' I am not doing too bad. I think I might be able to make it to the end of the month now. I have booked a few more mystery shops plus sold a few more things on ebay. The problem is I don't get the money straight away but at least I know its coming so can ask parents to sub me if necessary.

Youre doing so well, I was going to do clicks, cashback etc but I cant really afford internet/broadband contract and I dont think I could guarantee enough through clicks to cover the cost of it....it'll just have to wait until I have work...and thats after I have cleared debts and taxes, managed to keep up with full council tax...

Managed to clear the Lloyds OD now, have a bank account not in OD :jGranted it has NO money in it (It is literally on £0.00) but its not in debt!!! We didn't pay into that but finally after 2 years of battling with Lloyds my OH managed to get them to close the OD as it was there fault we becae overdrawn in the first place but they would not admit that and we refused to pay into it anyway it spiralled as they kept charging we kept refusing to pay etc etc then finally they agreed to close it. Now just got to battle with them to change the false status on my experian report (They've been reporting me Over overdraft limit for last 6 months, even if I took their side of the battle we'd been having I was still inside an agreed OD so they better sort that ASAP. Goin to ring again on Monday to see if they've done it yet.

I know, I was put out of work and when I explained they just kept adding interest and charges and defaults.....they wouldnt freeze it even though I could prove stuff.....I hate to think what my credit report is like and my mortgage deal is nearing an end, no job, health problems and a bad credit score...BIG worry. (not through my own fault I may add - just that I still have to pay the consequences :()

Possibly sold my pram which will be a massive bonus if I can as the £70 cash would come in very handy this month. Can't believe we're only on the 8th Jan. Can't afford to spend even a penny that's not on the budget this month. Things are so tight I can't breath!!

I know the feeling.

Done some more clicking and made a few pounds. Plus was goingt o change to Sky for my phone broadband etc but was offered a deal with no installation cost on the phone but couldn't have it online. I explained that I wanted to do it online because I was using a cashback site and they were going to pay me £25 cashback. So she said she'd credit my account with £30 instead to keep my business, so in the end I did the deal on the phone saving £30 on the installation (got it free) plus effectively got £30 cashback instead of £25. WHich my first months bill with them is £0. Yeah!!!!!

Ha! how good is that!

Goint to do everthing through cashback sites now, can't believe I hadn't done it before. Its a shame there isn't cashback sites for doing grocery shopping etc.

How are you doing 2011? Any news on the job?

Not heard a thing (yet) :(

'Finding my own way': Thanks for the support, life is definitely difficult juggling debts, kids, my joint disease and hubby's renal failure. He's not on dialysis, not really an optionf or him only in the final stages before transplant which he'll probably never get in this country because a transplant cannot cure him only provide more time unlike other kidney dseases. SO he's botom of the heap so to speak. IS your OH on dialysis?

Sorry to hear that inamin.

Right I'm off to ALDI to do the grocery shop, aiming to spend £50 max for weeks shop for two adults, two children plus one dog. Might not do it this week as its cooking weekend so needs ingredients for soups etc to freeze, but in the long run its cheaper than buying tinned soup and meals for work plus OH can't eat tinend anyway due to salt content.

Also going to speak to neighbours about ironing.

Thats a good idea!

Don't feel I've made any real steps this month so far, I know my signature has gone down but not on the main ones, credit cards etc. In fact my ASDA card has gone up because I made a payment on it before xmas (I'd forgotten my debit card) and I meant to pay the amount straiht back onto the card, totally forgot and then ended up over limit so got £12 charge :mad: STUPID ME!!!! SO now ASDA amount actualy up!
    Trust me it could be worse, debt wise.
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    inamin wrote: »

Do you mind me asking what kind of kidney disease he has? I thought transplants always have a limited lifespan, but that they're almost always in the best interests of the patient? Maybe I'm wrong, I've only been learning about renal failure for 6 months or so with boyfriend :o

Yes, boyf had just gone onto dialysis in the last coupe of weeks as his function is less than 5% now. He's doing peritoneal dialysis at home, so no expensive trips to the hospital thankfully. The nurses have taught us everything we need to know and it seems quite straightforward, just tedious! He was only diagnosed in August 2010 but he was already at Stage 5 CKD by then - bit of a shock for a 27 year old!!! Various family members are going through tests to be a live donor, and he's on 'The List' for a cadaver kidney, so hopefully he'll get a transplant sometime this year and things will get better for him. Crazy times :cool:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure