My 'getting rid of my debt' diary

Options

Comments

• inamin
    inamin Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    2011 will be debt free, you're doing so well, to have paid off your CT debt is great. It's going to be years before I actually pay any of my debt off but little steps will at least make me closer to it I'm just determined to make a big dent in it this year. I feel more determined than I've ever been, just hope my situation changes so I can live up to my dreams about this debt free life. If hubby doesn't get back to work then I'm not sure how we'll do it but I'm taking the lead when it comes to budgeting. Even using my xmas money to pay some bills. x

It does feel really hard though, sometimes feel like I'm battling something much stronger than me!
    Barclays overdraft £1290 :(
    MBNA £3239 :(
    MBNA £4108 :(
    Extra payment a week challenge (started WC 11.5.2015) This week - £0 Total - £0
    £1000 emergency fund - £0/£1000
  • inamin
    Options
    I need ideas for making more money. I teach so its not like I can even do overtime to earn extra cash. Racking my brains and not getting anywhere, need to earn more money.....but how???
  • inamin wrote: »
    2011 will be debt free, you're doing so well, to have paid off your CT debt is great. It's going to be years before I actually pay any of my debt off but little steps will at least make me closer to it I'm just determined to make a big dent in it this year. I feel more determined than I've ever been, just hope my situation changes so I can live up to my dreams about this debt free life. If hubby doesn't get back to work then I'm not sure how we'll do it but I'm taking the lead when it comes to budgeting. Even using my xmas money to pay some bills. x

It does feel really hard though, sometimes feel like I'm battling something much stronger than me!

This is exactly how I feel! I'm also in a position that really needs to change if Iv to get rid of debts etc.....
    but I feel like, surley, this year will be the year...
    As for making more money, in the summer hols you could take a part time job? in a cafe, a shop, cleaning or bar work? At the moment you could get a second job just on weekends? If its too much for you and your husband then you can still pack it in when you want as you have another permanent job but at least you have made some extra pennies to prevent further credit use or put towards paying your debt? I dont know if you feel able to do that though with your husbands health etc Other than that I'm really not sure as I think your doing everything. What about agency work? maybe you could get the odd tutoring job? so not too much commitment etc

Dont know if you have books - I do and I'm going to sell them.
    I'm also going to go into the job centre when they open.....
  • oh, and happy new year!
  • inamin
    Options
    oh, and happy new year!

Thanks and same to you too. I hope it will be as 2010 really wasn't the best year. (Except for my wedding day of course! :j )
    I've sold some CD's online (mainly my dad's that he gave me) for almost £100 just hope the company [ay me and don't nick the CD's or something (I know that's cynical but....) not used them before. Plus I sold something on ebay for £10. I'm just so annoyed though becuase it would have ben great to use that money to pay into my debts but instead I'm going to have to add it to the budget to life off this month as I am very short this month.

I'm going to speak to other family members to see if they have any CD's they'd like to donate to me and then Ill try selling those too. Just wish I was in a position to pay off debts rather than having to find money to live on. Going to do another budget today see if there's anything else I can get rid of.

OH might have got rid of OD at Lloyds after 2 years of complaining but I'll believe it when I see it. They also need to contact experian as they have registered that for last three months I'vebeen over OD and I haven't so I'm furious. Majorly affecting credit rating. They better sort it.
  • Yes, Iv ended up spending on food n' stuff instead of paying to debt too. Still, I have the letters from DC's etc all sitting around so that I can actually get in touch soon and deal with things I just REALLY hope I get a job, it's so worrying...and Iv got a morgage so thats another worry...

I see youve cleared your water arrears and paid to two O/D's though, thats good! Iv not had the guts to write it all down and get it on a signature yet! :-( ohh, the thought... When I get back on my feet I want to get rid of my debt ASAP. I hate having debt and I know my credit rating will be shot...
  • inamin
    Options
    Well today done nothing to earn or save any money: not good.

Although, I did make two big batches of home made soup yesterday instead of buying and have baked today for boys packed lunches so guess I done something useful. xx
    Fingers crossed on the job front 2001 will be debt free.....WHat are you looking for?
  • me neither!

Anything!! Done some more job search today and the only thing that I could find was a 15 hour a week cleaning job (20 bus journeys to pay for to get the 15 hrs though) still I will be applying for that tomorrow, least it will get me on the 'work ladder'. I cant work full time due to health reasons at the moment and its so hard to find anything to apply for never mind get the job :-( Ideally I would like to get a job that will get me on the social/community ladder but really, I'll take just about anything at the moment!! I dont have a car just now with the financial situation I'm in so evening work is out of the question (anything I'd earn would cost the same in travel) If I could just get enough coming in to get a car then I would be able to look further afield....saying that, I looked in other areas and didnt really find anything anyway....but any jobs that have shifts til 9pm or later are out of the question, hopefully I get this job and eventually get the car on the road meaning I can take on a second job or something.....I dont know
  • inamin
    Options
    Oh its so difficult, WHy can't things just be easy for once? I do hope you get it hun, I'll keep my fngers crossed and let me know how you get on.

Well,how have I got on? Today has been a good day, I paid off my gas and electric arrears. :jShort of cash for the rest of the month does not cover it but at least those two have gone. I'm going to attempt to pay something into my barclaycard today too (hopefully it will stop them ringing me form about 5 different numbers every minutes!!!!! :mad:) but I'll have to check the bank again and double check the balance and budget. We'll see.

Other news, looks like we might have appointed somone to work in our business so OH can go back to work soon. Going to be about three weeks before she can start because she needs to get an internet connection at home so she can work from there but fingers crossed OH should be back at work early feb. just hope his health holds out.

Going to speak to family tonight about donations of CDs so I can sell those and hopefully I can get a little extra. Need to get to pay day without gaining anymore debt.

I think for the rest of this month this might turn into 'My 'staying out of more debt' diary' rather than 'My 'getting rid of my debt' diary. But I guess I have to settle for that this month. :(

I really hope you find work '2011 will be debt free' something will come up I'm sure. Where abouts in the country are you? (if you don't mind me asking)

Got to say I love your username by the way. I wish I could say 2011 will be debt free or even 2012, 2013, 2014.......:o

Ok I'm off to the shop now (Hmmm that's not very money saving...although I am going to buy chocolate chips to make cookies for boys lunch rather than buying biscuits. Last nights batch were yummy.....a little too yumy though, they didn't last long!!!!
  • wow - your doing great :T Thats another couple off for you plus one thats been contributed to.

I know what you mean, I'm at the 'not getting into more debt' as opposed to actually paying anymore off now :( Still things are bound to improve (or so I keep telling myself)

I'm in Scotland and semi-rural, so transport is an issue but I have a licence and if I could just get something towards being able to get 'on the road' then I'm sure it would help....at the moment daytimes arent bad for buses so I will just have to keep looking. I dont think the initial phone application went that well today but we will see, they said I should hear back in about 10 days time if I'm getting an interview but it sounds as though they are taking loads of calls for that job and there are bound to be more people with that job in their background...still, I know its a job I could do and would put the effort into so I really hope I get it.

Things should pick up for me by the end of January but I hate saying that because it feels like it will backfire!

Well heres hoping your OH gets better for his health and to help financially, or at least ease the pressure on you both.

Well I was convinced that things were going to start going my way as I had some good news in December. Obviously I wont be debt free for the whole of 2011 but I'm hoping that I can say I'm debt free at some point in 2011 (even if its the 31/12/2011:rotfl:) hence the user name.

The stress of all this and not working etc it all just gets me so down and I worry all the time, but hopefully I will be a bit more sorted by the end of the first quarter and from there, onwards and upwards for both of us eh!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure