My 'getting rid of my debt' diary

Options

Comments

• I just read an article here on MSE about clicks and I'm a bit scared tbh!!
    Don't like the thought of possibly not getting paid etc and them having so much info on you!
    Perhaps I should stick to surveys? I'll have a look at the other thread later and see what I think.
    I need to make money and get rid of debt!!
    I can't find any survey sites that pay actual money though, they seem to all pay in vouchers? I don't really know enough people that will buy vouchers from me....so trying to find ones that pay money.
  • retro_vision
    Options
    Very best of luck
  • inamin
    inamin Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Well here we are at the other side of Xmas, hope youa ll had a good day.

My debt free diary....
    24th December: Well I booked a mystery shop for Jan...
    25th December: SPent the whole day at my mum's so no electric usage for me plus took lots of left overs so will make food last, Turkey curry it is today.
    26th December: Buy one get one free on battery's, bought two packs cos needed em for toys. Paid what I would have spent on the secon dpack into my CC account! x
    Little boys toy doesn't work which we bought him for xmas day, have rung and sent it back, no charges as I argued it was faulty. Seen almost identical toy in ALDI £12.99 instead of £39.99. Bargain. xWHat a saving
    Barclays overdraft £1290 :(
    MBNA £3239 :(
    MBNA £4108 :(
    Extra payment a week challenge (started WC 11.5.2015) This week - £0 Total - £0
    £1000 emergency fund - £0/£1000
  • Well a bit scared of the surveys etc and so I'm still trying to find out about them etc but this is the next thing...

Inamin - youve done great, how did you get the mystery shopper thing?
    I got money for xmas and tommorow I will be using it to pay off council tax debt! I will update when Iv done it though as it hasn't been done yet! Also good news is I have paid off my current, current account overdraught (and next credit should go in two days before debit, so all going well I will not get another minus sign before my balance in that account again! Also, I have debt to my gas bill but have arranged that they can take some of my credit each week from gas money to pay the bill so I'm not paying any interest on it.
    WOOO!!
    (granted these are small potatoes when it comes to my finances but all the same..it's all got to be dealt with)
  • inamin
    Options
    2011 will be debt free, Well done you, its so easy to forget the 'little' things but that's kind of why I started this thread because I know that I will get really disheartened very quickly if my debts aren't going down quickly enough so at least I can look here when I'm feeling demotivated and see the things I've succeeded at. Going to log on and check for any more mystery shops now and then think I'll list some stuff on ebay.

If you look at the ystery shopping thread on here thre are loads of webites. I tend to use grass roots, retail eyes and gapbuster mainly but have done for others too. Makes a difference. It all counts. Just agreed with my hubby that we will put any spare money into our debts this year, mystery shopping, surveys, ebay sales, card sales (I make and sell greetings cards) etc will all go into paying off bits.

I'm determined this time. Just hope its not one step forward and two steps back like it has always seemed to be int he past.
    xxx

Oh by the way...we've got water again!!
  • Thanks I will need to have a look. Ha! well done on having water :-) Yep, me too, absolutley determined. I know it isnt going to be easy and I really hope the same - that all steps are forwards moving!
  • Well not only did I pay my council tax but I have paid off ALL council tax debt yiippeee! Thats one thing out the way, but it only get scarier from here on for me...but I keep telling myself to think positive and it will work out, heres hoping anyway.
  • inamin
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around for a few days, not a christmas I;m afraid. Hubby has kidney failure and had horrendous set of blood results back on Xmas eve. So bad in fact the GP thought it serious enough to warrant driving back tot he surgery and opening up just to ring us at 10.30pm on xmas eve!!!!!!!
    Didn't get any better either as he also has had an allergic reaction to either penicillin or the flu jab.
    Plus on 27th December I lost my beautiful and loyal dog Bumper. I am totally lost without her and am devastated to have to have her put to sleep. Needless to say my head has not ben in the right place to post.

However, I have to move on.
    I sold my fire guard for £12 yesterday so that is being paid into my Barclaycard account today, also found £4 worth of coppers and that is going into my OD. Have listed lots of items on ebay (dolce and gabbana perfume if anyones interested! Brand new boxed, 'The one' xmas present but I'm allergic to perfume)
    I guess I can also count the fact that I have now cancelled my vets plan for my departed dog and also cancelled the kennelling fees. Will still need to pay those for another 4 months to pay off arrears but then no more after that.

I uess that's not so bad after all although I have to admit everything seems really hard work at the moment.

Hope you've all had a good xmas. xx
  • weeclick
    weeclick Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    gd luck and well done on starting - im in a similar boat so hopefully we can help eachother along!
    Life is what you make it.
  • So sorry to hear how things have been for you over christmas :(

On a brighter note you are doing so well at 'keeping on' and I think it's great that even with all that you have kept going :T Give yourself a great big pat on the back, if not from yourself then from me!

Well, tbh since that CT payment I havent had any money to pay anything but I have been doing other 'resolution' stuff and as soon as I'm in a position I will be paying off as much as I can!! I have in no way given up but I cant wait for money to go in so that I can take it out and deal with/pay off more debt!

Also, Iv had more letters from DC's and instead of going into a deep anxiety and depression over it etc etc I have managed to keep the letters out ready for when I can do something about it (so I don't exactly feel great about this but...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure