My 'getting rid of my debt' diary

Options
Ok I'm sure this thread will end up being for me only but think it might help me to see the little things that I'm trying to do to sort out my debts as I am a very impatient person and can see myself easily becoming disheartened when my debts don't start coming down quickly enough for my liking. So each day I'm going to log on and write down the things I've done to help myself get out of this situation.

So Today is the 23rd December 2010:

Found out the interest rates for all my debts so now I know where I stand.

Booked a mystery shop for 17th Jan
Listed some stuff on Ebay and facebook that I want to sell.
Went to a different petrol station for cheaper fuel
Found some pennies...going ot pay them into on eof my credit card accounts tomorrow.

If anyone wants to join me here and see how I get on it would be lovely to see you.
Right off to my neighbours down the road now for a shower. (I have had frozen pipes for three full days now no water in my house at all!!!!!!!!:mad:)
Barclays overdraft £1290 :(
MBNA £3239 :(
MBNA £4108 :(
Extra payment a week challenge (started WC 11.5.2015) This week - £0 Total - £0
£1000 emergency fund - £0/£1000

Comments

• Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck with the debt busting :D
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • partist
    partist Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    inamin, it is heart-warming to have you posting on this thread. It is so nice to see someone determined to get a grip on their finances and take sensible actions to deal with their debts.

Just think how nice it will be when none of your hard-earned cash is being wasted paying interest!

I'm sure I speak for all on here in wishing you all the best for the future.
  • I'm in!!

Can do it together if you like? (If you feel that's a bit like sabboutaging your thread, just say and I will make my own? but still pop in to see how your doing)

I'm thinking the same way - I'm determined to sort things out this year and not go back!! (probably easier said than done but going to give it my best!)

Well done on making a start!!

I'm still a bit overwhelmed and all over the place trying to get info....but I will post as and when...

Again, well done on your changes :T
  • Right off to my neighbours down the road now for a shower. (I have had frozen pipes for three full days now no water in my house at all!!!!!!!!:mad:)

well your saving fuel/utility costs too! :-)
  • inamin
    inamin Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the messages guys.
    2011 will be debt free, no don't mind you joining me at all, in fact I'd love the company won't feel so lonely then. :j

I've just earned another £29 doing three mystery phone calls. (Got to wait for a month for the money but it's earned now!) That's going to go straight into one of my debts..

Going to look at the clicking info now, see if I can't find some more help there.

Unfortunately, any saving I'm making on not using my water is being well and truly outweighted byt the fact that I have to have my central heatin gon CONSTANT! :eek: in order to try to thaw the pipes!
  • inamin
    Options
    Woohooo! Have just joined loads of the cash back sites, this could become quite addictive I think!
  • inamin
    Options
    Done my daily clicking today so hopefully made some pennies. ALso joined lots more mystery shopping companies so fingers crossed for more income. x
  • inamin
    Options
    Happy christmas to everyone here, thanks for all your advice so far and in advance for helping me stick to this next year...I know I'm going to need your help and a kick up the bottom every now and again too.

Still no water in my house...nightmare.!
  • have my central heatin gon CONSTANT! :eek: in order to try to thaw the pipes!

That is SCARY

Whats this clicking thing? and the mystery phone calls?

Oh, I'm so not clued up :o

:j well done on the extra earnings!
  • linz
    linz Posts: 1,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with the debt busting. I also do the clicks, made almost £700 in 2010 :D Pop into Eagerlearners thread on this board if you get any questions :)
    #2 - Save £2024 in 2024
    #35 - Save £12k in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family