The Great 'Boots Bargains' Hunt

Options

Comments

• needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leylauk wrote:
    I have to admit, I was quite impressed with the contents of the free bag - better than usual freebies!

They still have lots of half price summer sun No.7 products at my local Boots - would I get a free bag if I bought 15 quid of these do you think?

No Leylauk I asked and it's a specific range and none of it cheap but like we say the bag is nice.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• F1F1
    F1F1 Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    I am also cheesed off because some people have recently got Double Points vouchers whereas Ms. I spend a Fortune only got a booklet with money-off or so many points coupons. Guess what? The ones I want to use I cannot use in the branch I can walk to because they don't have it, so just to use their supid mailed-our vouchers I will have to either pay £7 in taxis to get to the food-stocking branch or bin them!
    My only Boots branch is 35 miles away which is a small one with no Advantage Card machine. The only way I can get to another Boots store is to take an overnight 12 hr ferry crossing or a 1 hr flight. :) Therefore I've had to contact Boots after making an online purchase before to get the points put on my card.

I sent them this a while back about their Disadvantage Card, needless to say, all I got was - thank you for your interest.. <surprise surprise <g>> While I chose to live in a remote area, and am thankful that we have at least got one Boots shop which arrived in the last few years, it would be nice if offers and rewards were handled in a fairer, more efficient way for everyone!

FAO Customer Service Manager:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have made an online purchase and now find I have to use an Advantage Card machine to add my points to my card.

This is a slight problem as, living in Shetland, it would entail an overnight ferry journey or a 1hr flight to Aberdeen, the Granite City and sacred home of our nearest hallowed Advantage Card machine. :)

What is the procedure if you live in the back-of-beyond? <I am more than willing to accept a free flight to visit the Abdn machine. :)>

On a more serious note, it appears that we, in Shetland and perhaps some other remote areas, are at a disadvantage regards the card. We are happy to now have a Boots branch in Shetland and am sure that the Shetland customers make good purchases and are loyal, valued customers.

We are told that we can have, "great savings and extra points offers that are only available from the machine. You can also use the machine to check your points balance, get ideas for things to spend your points on and update your personal details so we can keep in touch with you."

While it might be conceivable that rural shoppers may visit a larger store while in town doing other shopping, we cannot, unfortunately, nip down to our Abdn branch every week or two, or even every month or two.

I see others in internet forums talking about getting offers from the machine and these are not accessible to us, so therefore we are at a disavantage to other customers.

Does Boots not see this as treating its customers unfairly?

I would suggest that Boots adopts one of two options, or preferably BOTH:

1. Give us an Advantage Card machine in the Lerwick, Shetland branch. <Or we will shop at our local chemists and you will lose our valuable custom. ;)>

2. Make any Advantage Card machine offers AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE.

This last option I see as a very reasonable and cost effective option. The customer logs in and can then access the Advantage Card offers. Vouchers could be printed off by the customer at home and taken to the shop. Or an offer code could be used to make the savings on an online purchase.

Sussed. And it would be no longer a DISADVANTAGE Card for us...

Yours in hopeful anticipation,

• advantage_card
    Options
    I feel really bad whinging about boots after that, but a really good and eloquently written notice to the customer service dept, shame htey didn't take much notice of it!

a lot of shops don't accept any coupons except ones with their name on it now, so i don't know how printable coupons would work - but sometimes they do an offer on a product online that they do on the machine, most of the time they don't though.

at least you do have a teensy boots to buy things from - just a pity it has no machine!
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • shazndaz
    Options
    Two weeks ago my hubby bought 2 boxes of Boots own nicotine patches. They were on special offer - buy 2 for a tenner (or £9.60 or something like that). "Bargain" I thought. It didn't say how long the offer would be on for but said the normal price was £6.40 each so I didn't think that was bad anyway. He went in on Sunday only to find that they are now £13.99!!!! They are buy one get one half price but that still works out at £10.50. I'm livid. I'd have bought the whole 12 weeks worth if I'd have known. Anyone know if I can still get them on offer anywhere? (only the Boots ones as for some reason the Nicotinell etc won't seem to stay stuck to his body :o )
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    You must have been lucky to get that at that price - I've been buying them for other half online and instore and they have been £13.99, buy one get second half price, that has been for the last four weeks at least.
  • ummiesbump
    Options
    Hi

I've recently had a couple of bargains. Not sure if nappy one is still on though.

1) Boots own brand nappies (which i nornally buy anyway and are quite good). 3 for 2 offer. Plus spend £25 get 500 points. 3 jumbo packs = about £24, add a packet of wipes and you get the 500 points, they then take off the price of the third pack so you only pay about £18 and get about 100 'normal' points aswell. Went back and got another 3 packs the following week. (have a toddler and baby so great to stock up!).

2) Went in to buy 4 packs wipes on BOGOF (£5.20 ish in total), spotted baby doorframe bouncer at £19.99 - same price as one i was about to buy in toysrus so thought i may as well buy here and get the 500 extra points for spending £25. Plus used double points voucher for extra 100 points. Got home and realised i couldn't use bouncer in my house as all doors have glass over them :( Returned bouncer for full refund, however points total on bottom of receipt is still the same so i don't think they have taken back the points!! Therefore 700ish points for spending just over a fiver!!

Kelly
  • advantage_card
    Options
    Ooh that was a jammy one!

Don't have children so can't get the baby stuff and i got a plethor of money-off or so many points coupons, not a double points one like usual. out of the eight vouchers i got, only four are of any use and out of that four two can only be used @ the retail park, sigh.

Not fair, i want my points total bumpfed up lol.

Hopefully last week's online order points will have turned up by now though.
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • ummiesbump
    Options
    Oooh

Just remembered - last summer i needed a toddler bed for my son and the one at boots online looked about the same price as everywhere else so i got it from there. There was a spend £50 or £40 (i forgets!) and get 1000 points offer so i ordered the bed on its own (about £60 i think) then placed a separate order for the mattress and safety rail/guard. This way i got 2000 bonus points on top of the usual and qualified for free delivery aswell!!

Kelly
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    F1F1 Hi again ;)

I was thinking of writing to Boots for the same thing. Do you think we should have a local campaign to get a Boots advantage point in Shetland - maybe we could get the new Shetland Weekly (whenever it comes out) to have a go at getting up some support....
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ummiesbump are you saying the 3 packs of nappies all count towards the £25 spend even though one of them is free? might be worth trying. there's lots of baby stuff on special at the moment too, johnsons wipes, shampoo etc. all on BOGOF so if anyone has a baby it might be worth a visit while the extra points offer is on, especially if the electrical beauty voucher is useful to you. i want to buy the all in one washable nappies but they're out of stock online and they don't sell them in my boots, pah!
    52% tight
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport