SPARK energy big problem!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Hi Bryan Archer

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

Please do let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jianhawkjh
    Options
    I agree with "Premier". Because of the competitive market and daily changes charge may be different.
  • jianhawkjh
    Options
    "SPARK energy" they provide great services and I am satisfied with their services.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 10:49AM
    Options
    I also work for them meter reading and can agree that they are can be a supplier who makes their share of mistakes, like many others.I have had to endure the wrath of many customers giving me a hard time because to them I was the first face of the company where they could let rip..a little defence tho in that they have to deal with many first time renters who have`nt the foggiest how the utility industry works who allow their affairs to bumble along so long as the billing seems low..I have never been for a Spark Energy "must read " in the 10 years I ve known them to work for, that is a two year meter inspection and supplier reading...OK, letting agents take a bung in initiating switches. Does n`t make sense to allow a third party to be in control of supply to the flat/rental This should have been strangled at birth many years ago by OFGEM..THEY are the main culprit in letting this "bung " culture exist
    Spark Energy have woeful rates and standing charges too, on standard/variable and prepays and its mostly prepay meters I find who are supplied by them.Spark have always been in the top ten cheapest supplier for fixed term direct debit users so instead of saying switch away, possibly into more trouble with say First Utility or Npower, maybe advice in a switch of meters may be a much better deal for long term renters at least and get into the top ten cheapest suppliers in the UK
    My advice, as usual is for all suppliers to get the smart meters in and end this stupidity
  • John00
    Options
    Ok.
    what about a tenant has a token meter in his house, but started getting monthly bills from Spark after Agency switched providers, just before they moved in. The meter is Pay as you go. It works on top up money. Yet Spark insists that it is not, and asking to pay ridiculous estimated bills, even if they have meter readings of the TOKEN meter, and have been adviced about the mistake with bills.

Tenants don't have a clue how energy industry works? I'm sorry but it is not rocket science: I submit meter reading, I pay the bill. I have Pay as you go, I use tokes until it runs out.
    It the company wants to make rocket science out of this simple process that means they want to hide some scam.
    Simple as that!
  • AndyMTB
    AndyMTB Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't touch this lot with a barge pole - they've been chasing a close relative of mine through a debt collection agency (OPOS) concerning a supposed 2-year old energy bill. Spark were not even the energy provider, and the property was vacated well before the period of the supposed bill. Do they just make up names and addresses and hope that sometimes people are so confused that they pay up?
    And the OPOS debt-collection agency are outright menacing.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2018 at 8:21AM
    Options
    kingjude wrote: »
    I moved into a property that uses a prepayment meter. Spark are the cheapest by far. I am a bit skeptical and can't find any good comments or reviews about them at all. Would I be bitten with a bill if I switch from Spark energy? I mean I pay for what I use and would keep track of their tariffs and their standing charge just in case they say that I paid the wrong tariff.

What do you guys think?
    Yes of course prepays are safe with Spark, or anyone else for that matter. You will most likely not to need any contact with Spark other than first registering with them and obtaining a new key for the electric meter or card for the gas meter. Once you have their key/card there will be no need to contact them, you l be on your own to top up at your leisure
    They are one of the cheapest prepay suppliers. It should be of no concern to anyone if landlords get a small bonus.
    The same people who complain about the landlords little cut also themselves have been getting little incentives from switching suppliers, cashbacks, referrals.
    I read meters for Spark Energy and the majority of their customers I see are on prepayment meters of which they are one of the cheapest , so maybe getting the landlords to switch to them is a good thing.
  • Hi AndyMTB

I've responded to your message on another thread, offering my help.

I'd just like to reassure you that we definitely don't make up names and addresses - that wouldn't be helpful - but if we have made an error somewhere then we'd be happy to put it right.

I've let you know what to do in the other thread you posted on, so I hope to hear from your daughter.

Happy to help once I've got the details I need to find what information our systems hold.

Kind regards

Jenny
    Customer Relations Manager
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Spark Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • amal99
    amal99 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    The company is corrupted, they have been fined for preventing costumers from switching supplier.
    Here is my story, even , I switched 3 years ago, they remembered me now.
    We moved to a property on August 2015, the energy supplier was Spark energy. I gave them the meter reading and I paid by monthly direct debit. After 2 month I switched the supplier because I found a better deal. I closed my account with them and they refunded me £71. I did not have a problem that time.

Now, after 3 years, they are chasing me by text messages and gave my name to a debt recovery company and they claim that I owe them 1487.66 for 2 month supply. I tried to find explanation through using their live chat services, they said it is true. I find out the final gas meter reading they used for the suddenly appeared bill is only estimate and not based on any actual reading I provided. I did not receive any confirmation or response to my complaint sent to their costumer services.
  • shatil7
    Options
    If there is 0, I would definitely give 0 rating. I was with Spark Energy for the last two years. They changed my tariff plans twice without my consent.
    Last month, I left Spark as their charges are higher than other energy suppliers and call waiting time is over an hour! Seriously!
    Now, the most horrible part, there was a mix up on the meter reading with current provider and Spark and Spark send me the final bill which was way too high. I called Spark and their account manager said sorry and he said he will take my meter reading from the new supplier and will resend me a new bill. In the meantime, I called my current provider and they said they are working on it. I start getting emails and texts to pay the balance to Spark. I called them again and they told me not to worry and wait for my final bills.
    I emailed them to stop sending me the old bills and text as it’s very annoying.

Now, the most interesting part, I get a call from Opos Limited a debt collection agency threating me to give the money ASAP. I was really surprised why they called me. They said SPARK passed my details and ask them to collect the money. I had the reference number and all the emails and chat screenshots where they said SPARK will send me a new bill. I didn’t pay and called back to SPARK and they told me the Final bill is ready and they will send me within 24 hours. I asked them why the debt collection agency called me? And she said she doesn’t know, and she said she can see the notes about my billing dispute. So, clearly, there is an INTERNAL COMMUNICATION GAP.

The OPOS Limited called me today and said to pay the new total. I PAID them, and the guys said, all done and ensure me that I am not going to have any more call or text from SPARK. And, now the miracle happened. I am still getting the TEXT and Emails to pay the Bill.

Because of their faults, my credit score dropped. I have never missed a single payment just because I want to make sure my credit score is excellent all the time. In my life, I have never experienced such a thing. It takes peace from my life. I wish I never had SPARK on my life.
    If you are planning to switch to SPARK be careful, I said Be careful. And, if you are already with SPARK, I would suggest switch your providers, you are paying too high. I am paying only HALF of the amount to my current provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure