🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Welcome Newbies and Lurkers

Options

Comments

• now
    now Posts: 851 Forumite
    Options
    hello, hello, hello....I am a new BR, since Nov this year, and I have found the advice, support and good wishes essential in my route forward. Everyone is new at some time, so don't be shy!!

You are so right, I was so scared to post the first time in fear that somebody might know who I was, but as it went on I felt i could
    If you woke up this morning congratulations, you have another chance :j
  • now
    Options
    Something has justs hit home in two days time I will have been AD for one whole month :j:j:j:j:j never thought I would get there but I did with the help of my friends on here
  • Hopetobefree01
    Options
    Hello All, I am new too...however I have had some great advice so far xx
  • andyf1980
    Options
    I've been around a short while but this forum is an absolute godsend. There are some very wise people and everyone is happy to listen to you even when ranting! :rotfl:
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Thanks Andrea....lets hope this is an end to this sillyness & this board can get back on track.

I have a feeling that the debt boards are set to get even busier soon with predictions in 2011 indicating that it will be a very bad year for personal finances ....redundancy is rife & benefits are being cut ...personally I wonder how people manage with so much debt.

Worrying times & I remember them well....but as Martin says there is no debt crisis that cannot be solved.

Before I joined this site someone sent me Martins video on debt problems....it changed my life & empowered me to deal with my debt. So I am posting this for all newbies & regulars alike....

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan
  • now
    Options
    Thanks Andrea....lets hope this is an end to this sillyness & this board can get back on track.

I have a feeling that the debt boards are set to get even busier soon with predictions in 2011 indicating that it will be a very bad year for personal finances ....redundancy is rife & benefits are being cut ...personally I wonder how people manage with so much debt.

Worrying times & I remember them well....but as Martin says there is no debt crisis that cannot be solved.

Before I joined this site someone sent me Martins video on debt problems....it changed my life & empowered me to deal with my debt. So I am posting this for all newbies & regulars alike....

Thank you SSA I have read your posts in the past and on times would not have got through without the advice you have given, you bring a sense of calmness to the board and I personally thank you for that. You are no sad angel your are a giver, thank you for the link it helps to ease peoples minds when you begin to understand that nothing in life is really that bad. A few years ago I read a book called feel the fear and do it anyway by a lady called Susan Jeffers it was one of the best books I ever read, I lent to a friend but never got it back, but as they say its not lost what a friend gets xx I also hope that this calms the board down as i have made some great friends on here and would have worried a lot more had I not been able to function some days, so thank you everybody who helped me through my 12 months :T:T
  • now
    Options
    Hello All, I am new too...however I have had some great advice so far xx

Hi and welcome to the board, please feel free to post any questions you may have re BR as this is the place to get the answers
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    I've been on here for a while now -I'm not bankrupt or planning to go bankrupt but I know how scary people find dealing with debt - 99% of people on here are lovely and will try and help out - sometimes people post things meant with the best intentions but that are hard to hear and sometimes, just sometimes you get nasty/ignorant people - do not let such people put you off.
    There is lots of help and suport so just ignore the idiots.
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • now
    Options
    I've been on here for a while now -I'm not bankrupt or planning to go bankrupt but I know how scary people find dealing with debt - 99% of people on here are lovely and will try and help out - sometimes people post things meant with the best intentions but that are hard to hear and sometimes, just sometimes you get nasty/ignorant people - do not let such people put you off.
    There is lots of help and suport so just ignore the idiots.
    df

Thank you DF
  • MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options

I like that link So Sad Angel and yeah "no debt problems are unsolvable".

With bankruptcy comes a load of questions or 'what if's'. Maybe in the new year when the board becomes a lot busier as it always tends to do, it would be helpful to pay attention to bumping the debt organisation contact details and links like the above focusing on debt crisis and how to deal with it, that way lurkers and new posters don't have to neccessarily have to ask a question to see the help they need first off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport