JimmyTheWig wrote: »
Have googled the monopoly one, and am gutted I got it wrong. We never used to play that rule!
pjsmiffy wrote: »
Cleopatra was the lover of Caesar and claimed to be a descendant of Alexander. So he came 1st
col13 wrote: »
Iggy Pop advertises insurance - the rest are Insurance companies. Shiela's Wheels, Churchill, Admiral, Elephant.co, etc.
orangesmartie wrote: »
The ‘Is it Obvious?’ round
How many sheep did Noah take onto his boat (according to the Old Testament)? 7
What was the famous address resided at by Tony Blair when he was Prime Minister? 11 Downing Street
How many days were there in the year 1713? 354 by the Julian Calendar
If you mix the colours red and yellow what colour do you get? Orange
How long was the 100 years war? 116 years
If you had nine apples in one hand and fourteen in another, what would you have? Large hands?
How many men were in a typical Roman Century? 80
How many would you have if you had a baker’s dozen of baker’s dozens? 169
Which of the following was Ghengis Khan’s first name – Ghengis, Temujin, Chin, or Khan? Temujin
Does American salt water taffy contain salt water? No
1. Put the following historic figures in order of years they were born, oldest first: 5 POINTSAlexander the GreatJulius CaesarAttila the HunCharlemagneNapoleon
2. What’s the maximum you can score with the word ‘Exiting’ if you have the first go in the game at Scrabble?30
3. How much does it cost to UNmortgage Park Lane in a game of Monopoly £600
4. Is goat kosher? yes
5. Which of the following isn’t a two letter scrabble word acceptable under UK championship conditions:
AA, EE, LE, OO, QI, ZO
6. When was the MSE original page launched; not the site, the black and white forerunner? What month and year? Feb 2000
7. How many points are available in this round? 11
Pcture round: no idea at all!
If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'
Lower your band & save £1,000s
Past-best-before health food etc