disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Options

Comments

• Ecokev
    Ecokev Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    One thing to learn from this, use local independent company's. You'd be up and running within 3-5 days max, most of the time same day or next day fix is possible
  • dom2599
    dom2599 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Ecokev,

The part they have had to re-order is the diverter vavle?? i think thats what its called, it switches one way if hot water is called or tother if heating is called, i have already told SP that they have had enough time to fix this and as far as i am concerned they are now in breach of contract, they state that my issue is an emergencey, but have failed to fix it in 2 weeks, i think given an emergency, 3 days is more than ample time to fix. I have also told SP that i will be invoicing them for my time when they next come to try and fix it, i've spent to much time waiting around for these fools.

I have spoken with an engineer down the road from me and he has said that it would not be unreasonable to have a fault like this fixed within 24 hours of the fault being diagnosed and the parts ordered, he also said he would happily provide a statement with regards to this.

I've noticed that the Scottish Power Rep from this site and another i use has disappeared back under his stone.....

Hi Fedupspuser,

I have had the same issues, SP telephone monkey's tell you what you want to hear knowing full well they will not call you back, i have insisted on speaking to their complaints department, they passed me from piller to post, all asking if they can help, i just said if your from the complaints department then yes, if not pass me to them, i did get to them after about 30 minutes of asking and being put on hold, not that they were any use any way. I am sending SP a SAR tomorrow so i can get all the transcripts from the calls i have made, i can then start naming names of the crap staff they have employed...
  • fedupspuser
    fedupspuser Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2012 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Hi again all,

I forgot to mention, in November they had booked a day to service my boiler but on the previous evening I had a call to cancel that appointment and they made a new one for February 2012. My combi is a Baxi 105e about 6 years old and when the first engineer came on the 13th December he changed the diverter valve but put the old one back as it 'wasn't that' so if HE had one why didn't the second engineer ask if he still had it or ask the other engineers (if there are anymore) if they had one, doesn't the management / stores / supervisors know what kit the engineers carry??. I can order and received parts for medical equipment either the following day but at a maximum 3 days and I am sure these parts are more obscure than a valve for a household boiler !!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Hi dom2599 I HAD noticed he had vanished before I posted this morning but he may be nice and warm in bed or relaxing in a nice warm bath - UNDER HIS STONE !!!!!!!!
  • dom2599
    Options
    Hi dom2599 I HAD noticed he had vanished before I posted this morning but he may be nice and warm in bed or relaxing in a nice warm bath - UNDER HIS STONE !!!!!!!!

Hi fedupspuser,

I totally agree, i've lost 15 years no claims on my home insurance with these idiots as well, which i'm not happy about........As far as i am concerned they are in breach of contract, they state in their T&C that my issue, no heating or hot water, is an emergency, they also state that under these cirumstances, they will cover weekends and public holidays....well they werent open on xmas day, because i phoned them...... plus they have not fixed my issue in a reasonable time scale, i'm not as bad as you, but still waiting after 2 weeks
  • fedupspuser
    Options
    Update.

Had a call from the engineer this morning, he is coming this afternoon between 3 and 5pm, fingers crossed.

Also received this email from SP customer services.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear you have encountered a problem with your ScottishPower Boiler Care account.

I have look at the details and this has been raised as a dispute.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Kind regards
    Anthony Walker.
    Operator code 8899.

E-Contact Centre
    ScottishPower

I have replied requesting the meaning of 'a dispute' and 'hearing from ME in due course'

I may be misunderstanding this but, as I have told them, the ball is in their court and it is THEM that should be contacting ME.

Will let you know.:mad:
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    Options
    Weve been with BG for several years and never had an issue with engineers in all that time weve been with them. always had a service every year on the date WE request and when weve called out an engineer (maybe 10 times in 5ish years) theyve always turned up on the dot. The problem has always been fixed there and then, if a part has been required its been here the following day.

I sympathise with you all who have had issues with SP. We decided to swap over from BG to Npower as it was far cheaper than BG. We never got an engineer to even inspect our boiler, there was a cataloge of problems trying to get an engineer out to inspect. Luckily we did not cancel our BG policy and boy are we glad.

If you want the best you have to go with BG.
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • dom2599
    Options
    I have had the engineer who part fixed me before xmas on the phone this afternoon, he said he left a voice mail message on xmas eve stating they had the parts in ready to fit, i never check my messages! Anyway he is fitting the parts tomorrow so SP can go swivel and they will be getting an invoice from me
  • Ecokev
    Ecokev Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Diverter is stock or next day from anywhere
  • fedupspuser
    Options
    Where do I start. The engineer turned up just after 4pm, seals missing from diverter valve, goes to plumb centre, returns with seals, fits new parts, now 8.30pm, the engineer (whom I may add was helpful and appologetic) has pulled all his hair out and has now left. Guess what, I now have no hot water OR heating !!!!!!!. He gave me his head office phone number, by-passing SP, with his bosses name who will be receiving a 'polite' call from me in the morning.

In the meantime,

I'm just popping outside to shoot myself.:mad:
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    I have replied requesting the meaning of 'a dispute'
    It means they have taken the executive decision to raise the paperwork for a complaint without you actually asking them to do so or making a formal complaint. That should really be considered a good thing, in a way.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure