disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• rl1
    rl1 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is no point in repeating all the above posts. All I can say is "snap" and advise everyone TO STAY AWAY FROM SCOTTISH POWER AT ALL COSTS!
  • Drddrd
    Drddrd Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I too have had terrible boiler cover from Scottish Power. Approximately 7 weeks to repair a faulty water pump. Three of the weeks were spent waiting on a part which had not been ordered and one additional week spent waiting only for wrong part to be ordered. Happened during the really cold spell in February this year. Been offered £60 goodwill gesture. For the four weeks I had when the part wasn't ordered then the wrong part, my smart meter was showing I was incurring between £11 and £13 pounds a day for dual fuel as I was running two oil filled radiators to heat the house. Once fixed it was only costing me between £3 and £5 a day. Scottish Power not interested in compensating me for this time when they were incompetent. Told me I was not out of pocket because I'm on a fixed tariff and that their terms say they are not liable for your costs. Any advice on next steps
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would sue for the extra energy cost, plus all your premiums for however many years it is since you last called them out.

Google MCOL.

FTA: Just looked at the website, and it's actually provided by Domestic & General. Address here from their website:

Domestic & General Group Limited
    Leicester House
    Bedworth
    Warwickshire
    CV12 8JP
  • TobyJugg2
    Options
    Scottish Power now sub out the subbing of boiler cover emergency and servicing to D&G
    and also try to sub out the responsibility for failures in that subbing despite the consumer rights act.

D&G - same utterly crap service you expect from SP.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport