Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Vodka Jelly, how the dickens do you make it? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Vodka Jelly, how the dickens do you make it?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
27 replies 41.9K views
13»

Replies

• I'm having a halloween party too, and here is what I plan to do for drinks.

I am going to make some sort of alcoholic punch (undecided what yet) but only because i'm going to get a clean rubber glove, fill with water and probably some food colouring, then tightly do up with an elastic band. Pop into freezer, then before guests arrive I will take out of freezer, take off the glove, and put the frozen hand into the punch!!

(Is it sad, that the whole idea of offering punch is because I want to do a ice hand? hmmm...!)
  • I have done this to great effect!

We used WKD blue and fresh orange juice then red colouring in the 'hand' - worked a treat :)
  • aliasojoaliasojo Forumite
    23.1K posts
    Quackers wrote: »
    I've never made Vodka jelly so please take no notice of the comments I'm about to make :o

Love it. :rotfl:

:p

Love you Quacks. *inserts kissy kissy smilie* :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • aliasojoaliasojo Forumite
    23.1K posts
    ......if it does go tits up, and isnt as firm as you would like, you could always add jelly sweets into the bowl.

*goes off to tell OH we need a bowl* :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry. :o Bit bored today. :D
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • I made rum jelly shots for a house party recently, using this method:

Only use 75% of the liquid it states on the jelly packet as otherwise it doesn't set properly. Split this amount into three - one third boiling water, one third cold water, one third vodka. Put the boiling water into the jelly cubes and stir until dissolved. Mix the vodka with the cold water, then pour this into the hot jelly mixture, this stops all the alcohol from evaporating when it hits the boiling water. Split the mixture up into shot glasses, and refrigerate overnight. :)

I wish I'd dipped them in boiling water before serving to loosen though, they needed a bit of prodding around before they'd loosen from the glasses, then they came out with a bit of a schloop noise :rotfl: They also taste deceptively un-alcoholic
    D'you know, in 900 years of space and time, I've never met anyone who wasn't important
    The Doctor
    Taste The Rainbow :heartsmil
  • QuackersQuackers Forumite
    10.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliasojo wrote: »
    Love it. :rotfl:

:p

Love you Quacks. *inserts kissy kissy smilie* :D

I've just read this thread thinking 'I NEVER POSTED THAT'.....

....then realised I did....THREE years ago....:rotfl:

I've slept a little since then and did forget :D

*big squishy kissy kissy smiley back at ya*

I'm seriously craving vodka ka ka jelly now :beer:
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Former_MSE_AndreaFormer_MSE_Andrea Former MSE
    9.6K posts
    I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler Savvy Shopper! Stoptober Survivor
    ✭✭✭✭
    We just found this old thread on vodka jelly.

Is anyone making it for Christmas or New Year?

How do you make yours?
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]