No Buying Toiletries in December Challenge

Options

Comments

• mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have resisted today's qvc elemis offer. i didnt get on with the marine cream (and reading reviews on QVC a lot of people had the same reaction of spots) and I dont fancy changing my cleanser after finding my clarins one works ok. So I have saved £45 - get me! I will instead spend that money on the products I like rather than fannying around trying all these others which usually dont work. So 2 x Clarins cleanser supply = about £30 + a gift with purchase from Harrods when I go there. Get the stuff I like, with free gifts and I am still quids in.

look at me... i am growing up!
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Go you mineallmine. Yay for growing up!
    I had a UU before I came to work tonight. My VV one step face base finally died. The last edge bits shattered and fell into the sink. Dug the stash out and asked hubby if he would change it over for me. Bless him, he gets some great jobs sometimes :). That will leave me with 3 new ones and one on the go. Begged him not to break any as they're so expensive.
    Just sitting down with a coffee and having my tea. Starving tonight, I think it's 'cause I slept so well today. 8-4, that's ages!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • sunshineyday
    Options
    morning all, another toothpaste uu today, down to the last 3!! yay!

on a completely unrelated note the font on the website has got really small (or my eyesight has suddenly gone really downhill) anybody know how I can fix it?

have a good day ladies, xx
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    been a bad girl and ordered some Occitane stuff:eek:...a box of mens stuff(can't even remember what was in it:eek::eek:) but it was a bargain price compared with buying each item on their own and as I have 4 men in the family I can divide stuff between them for Christmas :)

also bought a foot cream for me...my feet get so cracked in cold weather

Got free delivery plus a goody box worth £35 so more stuff for my stash but some will do as pressies
  • sunshineyday
    Options
    ok so I planned to do my housework this morning, but decided to have a totally self indulgent bubble bath instead and uu an imperial leather moisturising bubble bath - do I feel guilty? Hmmn, that would be a No!
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2010 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Hello all!

Well done on the restraint ladies, I too had the 3 EA 8 hour sets in my basket at Argos but then closed the window down and resisted!

One UU to report - 50ml Clinique Superdefense day cream SPF25. WIBA - probably not as it's really expensive (£34 eek!!), but it did feel nice. It only cost me £1.66 - bought it in a CS packaged up with No7 P&P body serum and eye cream for £5 total. Bargain of the century!!! I would buy it again at that price. :rotfl:

So, should I put £1.66 or £34 in my toiletries pot?
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • karom
    karom Posts: 475 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    2 UUs to report and 2 Throw Away

UU:
    - Dove Intensive Lotion 10ml - WIBA? Maybe; I'll put it on my watch list to buy if good value - Sink into the skin very well, scent is quite settled,skin feels really nice.
    - Nivea Happy Time Bamboo Body Lotion 4ml - WIBA? No - Skin feel sticky even though been applied ages ago. Bit like a film on the skin.

Throws away (far too old to use without risk :))
    - Sisley Crème Reparatrice Karite 4ml - Got this sample years ago, I won't risk it. Well this is why I love this challenge from now on I set myself that any sample I get must be used within the month
    - Colgate Professional Weekly Clean 20 ml - Used it a bit and forgot about it. Now use tepee, much more effective that any of those stuff
    MFW on your mark
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    A UU for me

UU Mir Exfoliating Cleansing Gel 200ml WIBA? Yeah I certainly will. When I get lower on my other Mir I'll buy another 18 month - 2 years supply. This is basically the Mir cleanser with some very gentle spherical beads in it. You couldn't over do it if you tried, and with my sensitive skin that's good. :) :eek: I use an oil basedf cleanswer first and then one of the Mir ones to follow. This seems to have been keeping my skin happy so I'm going to stick with it.

I'm having real trouble reisting the Ren Offers!

http://www.renskincare.com/LandingPages/Offers.aspx
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all!

Almost used up the liquid handwash so I'll be refilling the soap pump with 10p Tesco Value shower gel :)
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • alfiecat
    Options
    Hi everyone
    a couple of UU from me:
    estee lauder cleansing wipes WIBA - these were a GWP and a mini pack of 5 ideal for my weekend away last week. These really did the job and my skin felt lovely afterwards, would love to buy again but dread to think how much a full pack would cost.
    Elemis rose petal cleanser - WIBA yes a nice product but, expensive and was not effective as a make up remover
    Clarins - small sample of a serum think it was called bio-serum, a tiny sample of blue oil - really lovely and made my skin feel smooth - again dread to think how much it would cost so probably not buy it but hope to get another sample.
    Elvive restore shampoo - WIBA yes this rescued my hair after using what someone called "Aqua Sh***" which left me unable to put a come through my naturally fine and tangle free hair.
    trying hard to be debt free by the end of 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport