No Buying Toiletries in December Challenge

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Realised after turning the 'puter off last night that I have another 2 INS to report - both free though as they were products my Mum hadn't been getting on with so as often happens she's sent them my way! :D A mini size Avon moisturiser and a full size Boots Expert serum - I like pretty much everything I've tried from the expert range too so pleased about that!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evenen' all,

No ins. No use ups. I notice there is an Elemis QVC offer on Sunday I think so I will need to be strong I think...

Jaxxs - I love your list as it has lots of lovely bits. You have loads of make up - have you thought about creating a make up bag for work - or for the car (clearly for when you're a passenger) to help you use some bits up? Especially as some stuff, like eye make up is a bit more sensitive to going off and stuff. So envious of your list though, real quality bits.

Someone asked about the Clarins blue - bubble bath - it's what I'd describe as a spa smell - really fresh and lovely. Usually only get that as a gift with purchase mini one.

Rosemary - the Clarins red stuff - I find at xmas that stores like Debenhams and even Boots online do a gift set of skincare which works out cheaper (clearly if you want and use all the products).

I still need to do my stocktake of make- up - I think I may tip everything onto a towel - all 3 or so bags on the go and check through things. I love bronzer and I've stupidly bought a couple of ultra cheap ones and they were a false economy - the lesson is buy what you love.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to be dim but what do you mean by "felt hanging" and "won't be so hanging"? Is it tired?
    Yup, tired or ill. Hanging is just when you feel bleurgh IYKWIM? :o Sorry for the confusion. About to have my break now :) and it's a thick frost out there. Need to do some scraping in the morning :eek:. TTFN peeps.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Alton_Towers
    Options
    A UU to report John Frieda blonde shampoo, thought I might get this finished in November but I have been desperately trying to use up Pantene Aqua light (I am renaming it to Aqua sh*te!) still half a bottle to go though! The JF is one of my HG products love it!
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options

Jaxxs - I love your list as it has lots of lovely bits. You have loads of make up - have you thought about creating a make up bag for work - or for the car (clearly for when you're a passenger) to help you use some bits up? Especially as some stuff, like eye make up is a bit more sensitive to going off and stuff. So envious of your list though, real quality bits.

Awww Thanks honey! That's a great idea! I'm doing the make up for my daughter and her friends for prom next year so that should use some up shouldn't it? They like it dolloped on with a trowel and we will have to have regular rehearsals to try ideas out.

I still need to do my stocktake of make- up - I think I may tip everything onto a towel - all 3 or so bags on the go and check through things. I love bronzer and I've stupidly bought a couple of ultra cheap ones and they were a false economy - the lesson is buy what you love.

I learned that one the hard way too. By the time I'd tried 4 or 5 bargain substitutes for Touche Eclat - none of which were a patch on T.E. - I could have bought two of the thing I wanted in the first place! :rotfl:

Rightio off to update the list...

Have a great day everybody and keep warm. :j
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    My first UUs of the month:

UU Philip Kingsley Elasticizer WIBA? Oh my god YES! I think I can wait to see if QVC or the beauty websites do a January special offer on the 100ml size but this is a staple for me with all the dyeing and drying I do so I won't want to be without it for long. This cost me about £50 and lasted me well over two years using it twice a month. I really feel as though I got my money's worth. :D

UU Toni and Guy Jamelia Shampoo WIBA? I would! I'm not sure you can get it any more and it doesn't have the integrity of ingredients I like in my haircare really, but my hair certainly liked it. Big Thumbs up. :T It cost 99p for 250ml in Savers. :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    Evenen' all,

J
    Someone asked about the Clarins blue - bubble bath - it's what I'd describe as a spa smell - really fresh and lovely. Usually only get that as a gift with purchase mini one.

Rosemary - the Clarins red stuff - I find at xmas that stores like Debenhams and even Boots online do a gift set of skincare which works out cheaper (clearly if you want and use all the products).

the clarins shower/bath stuff costs about £16 for ?200mls.I buy it when they have gwp on as its cheap compared to some of the stuff:)
    it is my sister who uses the red stuff,I refuse to pay that much,just used the gwp red comfort mask and TBH I prefer the blus mask as the red one made my face feel dry and I ended up putting blue one on top.....face so dry in cold weather!

had an email from friends reunited and am presently looking at old school pics form the 50s and 60s:eek::eek::eek:
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A UU to report John Frieda blonde shampoo, thought I might get this finished in November but I have been desperately trying to use up Pantene Aqua light (I am renaming it to Aqua sh*te!) still half a bottle to go though! The JF is one of my HG products love it!

Thanks for the tip, I have blonde hair and am forever searching for the perfect shampoo. Will try it out, perhaps with my Boots £2 voucher (think JF is 2for£6 now or soon too, so would work out at £2 each) :)
    Jacks_xxx wrote: »
    My first UUs of the month:

UU Philip Kingsley Elasticizer WIBA? Oh my god YES! I think I can wait to see if QVC or the beauty websites do a January special offer on the 100ml size but this is a staple for me with all the dyeing and drying I do so I won't want to be without it for long. This cost me about £50 and lasted me well over two years using it twice a month. I really feel as though I got my money's worth. :D

UU Toni and Guy Jamelia Shampoo WIBA? I would! I'm not sure you can get it any more and it doesn't have the integrity of ingredients I like in my haircare really, but my hair certainly liked it. Big Thumbs up. :T It cost 99p for 250ml in Savers. :D

I have a Model Me conditioner (Erin/Helena, can't remember which) and it is a bit rubbish. I only persist with it because of this challenge (I bought it in Semi Chem for about £1.49) but can't bear to use it more than once a week. Gah! Bet it lasts ages too. :rotfl:

Never tried this Elasticizer stuff, must google it :whistle:
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooooh, I like the sound of Elasticizer!!!! Just what my hair needs (it gets so dry, esp. in winter). Should I buy a 20ml pot for £3 to try it out?
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • noynoy
    noynoy Posts: 380 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2010 at 4:29PM
    Options
    ooh bb3 what a positve post! well done you

im in again 19 outs last month heres my ever decreasing list..by the way ive gone shampoo free..day 4 and my hair is at the ick ick ick i want to wash it stage..thankfully given the current climate im ok to wear hats indoors lol. so the shampoo and conditioner in mya stash will be used as handsoap and shower gel and the constioner to shave my leggies. I use bicarb of soda and very watered down apple cider vinager, ive been reading a lot about no "poo" and so many people have had great results from it i just think its got to be worth a go to get my hair in good condition.

anyway yadda yadda hers my depleted list..think it might be a while before i have some uu to report though!

BODY LOTIONS? MOISTERISERS etc
    [STRIKE]avon coconut and lemongrass body lotion [/STRIKE]
    avon shimmer rose body lotion 1 (now 1) x 400ml
    avon creamy body lotion
    avon gycerine hand and nail cream
    bs mango body butter
    poundland shea body butter x2
    boots skin balm pots x3 these where 40p each
    avon replenishing hand cream
    [STRIKE]avon naturals lavender hand cream[/STRIKE]
    avon sss body lotion
    avon sss bath and body oil
    avon winter roses bubble bath
    avon sss dry oil spray
    avon black cherry body lotion
    avon spa planet bath and body lotion
    dove summer glow fake tan 2 x 250ml [STRIKE] 1 used [/STRIKE]
    body shop shea butter body butter new 1/4 used
    superdrug in bloom body butter
    body shop cucumber toner 1/4 used
    [STRIKE]poundlands q10 facecream 2/3 used [/STRIKE]
    wilkinsons eye makeup remover *
    wilkinsons cleanser *
    99p shops own version of olay beauty fluid
    avon spa peel off face mask..freebie
    body shop warming clay face mask freebie
    spa deep pore cleansing face mask
    spa bath oil
    [STRIKE]poundlnad set of 6 small bath fizzers in dessert flavours[/STRIKE]

HAIRSTUFF
    alberto balsm hairspray full can
    avon lotus shield hair serum new 1/4 used *
    frutcis shampoo..free dh bouught
    fructis conditioner..free dh bought
    [STRIKE]bastiste blush dry shampoo...free gifted [/STRIKE]
    wella (?) honey and yogurt shampoo..free dh bought *
    avon spa hair mask *

make up
    avon anew lip plumper lipstick 2/3 used *
    avon tropics roll on freebie
    mitchum roll on new
    [STRIKE]body shop pot of bronze pearls 1/2 left[/STRIKE]
    dr feel good benefit 1/2 used *
    benefit lip and cheek tint..new
    no7 concealer 1/4 used
    avon glimersticks eyeliner brown 1/4 used * 1 in store
    [STRIKE]no17 eyeshadow trio [/STRIKE]
    no7 green eyeshadow 1/2 used
    bodyshop eyebrow ligtner 1/4 used *
    benefit lemonade 1/2 used
    avon pressed powder compact 1/4 used
    lipstick..unknown 1/4 left *
    3 ..free gifted from mum lipsticks
    poundland set of 3 lipsticks
    avon magix creme to powder compact free gifted from mum
    [STRIKE]12 pan eyeshadow compact..free gifted from mum[/STRIKE]
    avon bronze multistylio free gifted from mum

perfumes
    addidas girl from £1 land lol
    addidas sprt e d t
    coco chanel eau de perfume 1/4 left
    2 bottles of essential oils ..now 1 xxxx

showergels

avon body creame

nail polishes various
    18..used up one this month xxxx now 13
    and 4 free gifted ones
    one new bottle nail polish remover
    total debt 4711.00 at lbm (4217.31) dfd aug 2012 :eek: overdraft 800 (400.00) kill overdraft first, loan 1500.00 ,creditcard 2411.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure