No Buying Toiletries in December Challenge

Options

Comments

• sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    Options
    UU to report- Dove Go Fresh Body Wash, the grapefruit and lemongrass one. I WIBA but I have loads of shower gel etc to use up. Now I can start on my BS stuff :j:j:j
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    been to dentists through the snow(well once on main road there was none till car park!
    he thinks I may have an infection in the tooth so put some gel stuff on apologising as I nearly hit the roof:eek::eek::eek: and gave me anti biotics(did ask if I'd prefer the ones I could drink whilst on...he is quite sweet really)anyway when I got them I saw they were the ones that make me feel sick:(

was sooooo good in Boots whilst waiting for my pills and did not buy anything:A:A:A:A
    tara FC should be bringing you a little pressie soon:)

did buy some clothes(ok wrong forum but am sooooo overspent anyway I stopped looking on there till next year:))...2 tops in the Planet sale BUT I resisted the lovely purple sequin dress as the sequins irritated me under the arms!

just emailing DH in Denmark to arrange lovely massages for when we go away for the night to Stratford for my birthday(not sure why he is getting one too as mine is his pressie to me!!)
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rosemary54 wrote: »
    been to dentists through the snow(well once on main road there was none till car park!
    he thinks I may have an infection in the tooth so put some gel stuff on apologising as I nearly hit the roof:eek::eek::eek: and gave me anti biotics(did ask if I'd prefer the ones I could drink whilst on...he is quite sweet really)anyway when I got them I saw they were the ones that make me feel sick:(

was sooooo good in Boots whilst waiting for my pills and did not buy anything:A:A:A:A
    tara FC should be bringing you a little pressie soon:)

did buy some clothes(ok wrong forum but am sooooo overspent anyway I stopped looking on there till next year:))...2 tops in the Planet sale BUT I resisted the lovely purple sequin dress as the sequins irritated me under the arms!

just emailing DH in Denmark to arrange lovely massages for when we go away for the night to Stratford for my birthday(not sure why he is getting one too as mine is his pressie to me!!)

Thanks so much, you are very kind! Woo hoo, can't wait to get my new blue mascara. :) I also have two unopened GWPs from the P&P set so will be well stocked up hurrah :D

Poor you, it is horrid having teeth problems and pain :( Get better soon xoxoxoxoxo
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • tara747
    tara747 Posts: 10,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am in. My stash is not nearly so horrific as it was when I started but toiletry and cosmetic spends are so much better thought out than they were before these threadsAs well as UU and continuing to be strict about purchases I'm making it a mission this month to return to using more of the stuff I have, body butters hand creams etc....they are bought for a reason and need to be prioritised in my day.

Hear, hear :T
    BBTHREE wrote: »
    Hi All

I dont post often of these monthly no spend threads but on the 31st Dec it has been a whole year since I took the plunge, saw the light, and stopped filling Boots tills. (as per my sig)

I admit I openly intend to fall off the wagon during December as I will be buying (or rather hubby will be buying me :D) the Soap and Glory OOTW as I love Soap and Glory and I have persevered with almost a year of using up all my half used nasties with an occasional Soap and Glory treat at the weekend (from last years hatbox)

I am tider, my bathroom and bedroom are seriously decluttered, and now I am literally out of everything.

I reckon in the whole of 2010 I have spent about £40 on products which as I previously could have spent in a week, and it is something I am really proud of. :j

Whoa, well done you!!!!!!!!! :beer:

*feels slightly ashamed*
    Get to 119lbs! 1/2/09: 135.6lbs 1/5/11: 145.8lbs 30/3/13 150lbs 22/2/14 137lbs 2/6/14 128lbs 29/8/14 124lbs 2/6/17 126lbs
    Save £180,000 by 31 Dec 2020! 2011: £54,342 * 2012: £62,200 * 2013: £74,127 * 2014: £84,839 * 2015: £95,207 * 2016: £109,122 * 2017: £121,733 * 2018: £136,565 * 2019: £161,957 * 2020: £197,685
    eBay sales - £4,559.89 Cashback - £2,309.73
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    akh43 wrote: »
    Impressive list Jacks, must have cost you a fortune to amass all that :eek:

Indeed! :eek: When I need to properly kick my bottom I do a little add up session and try and make myself cry. :o

But I'm even rubbish then too though cos my brain goes "well almost all of those palettes were presents" and "you paid hardly anything for that because you eBayed everything that came with it" and "ooh you got two years of lovely hair out of that" or "well those were all swaps".

I'm incorrigible. :o:p

Denial huh? It's powerful stuff!!! :eek:
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I'm back again. :) I do have one UU already - a Ted Baker sugar scrub - WIBIA - probably not, it was ok but I have come across 6 S&G Flake Aways to use up first!!
    I think I may get tempted by The Body Shop this month as I love the Hemp hand cream and its half price just now!
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Finished off a toothpaste this morning so now only have 5 left in my stash.

Maybe I should learn to use it a bit better though as after visiting the dentist this morning was told I may need a filling. Got to wait for the ex-ray results to come back before I find out. Hope not as really proud at being 34 years old and never having a filling and also the fact that I'm petrified of needles so don't think I would be able to go through it :o
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I shouldn't have washed my hair tonight...what was I thinking! Its far too cold!
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    I'm back again. :) I do have one UU already - a Ted Baker sugar scrub - WIBIA - probably not, it was ok but I have come across 6 S&G Flake Aways to use up first!!
    I think I may get tempted by The Body Shop this month as I love the Hemp hand cream and its half price just now!

darn! i had to buy a tube a couple of weeks ago because my hands wee sore and it was full price!
  • footymadgal
    footymadgal Posts: 569 Forumite
    edited 2 December 2010 at 11:06PM
    Options
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    I'm a naughty girl. I didn't have a bath last night because I felt hanging. The night before, I managed about 2 minutes in it. It was freezing! So I didn't wash my hair (my sister was on the phone and I couldn't get her off). Consequently, today I really really need to wash my hair. I need a good and proper scrub but the water just isn't staying warm because it's so cold outside. I would just wash it over the side of the bath but DH fitted one of thos stupid water savers to the shower head and now you can't get your hair wet under it. Complete pita and he can't remove it :(.
    I suppose I could be really decadent and have a nice deep bath at about 11 and then get out of it and go to bed until I have to pick up the kids. That way, I won't be so hanging at work tonight. I must remember to put my ice scraper in the car too actually so that I can see to drive home in the morning. Catch you all later :)

Sorry to be dim but what do you mean by "felt hanging" and "won't be so hanging"? Is it tired?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure