No Buying Toiletries in December Challenge

Options

Comments

• bohemianrose9
    Options
    Happy December!

Wow, well done BB3! It's brilliant when you think of all that money you've saved. I intend to spend nothing on toiletries (for me) in December, as although my stash is minute now, I still have enough to last me through the month. I may need mouthwash, but that's it. :)
  • kiplingmonkey
    Options
    Count me in again this month - I am soooo impressed BB3 - I wish I had your will power.

Posting on the thread does help keep me motivated - I want to free up some space in all my drawers and cupboards which are bulging with make up and toiletries. As you know, I love my spreadsheets and I have done one now with a plan of what needs to be used in 2011 - I am going to work my way through that to try and make serious in roads to my stash.

I am optimistic this month as I have some splutterers so hopefully my 'outs' will be more than my 'ins' and I will have to do some serious pampering in the run up to Christmas!
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    morning ladies happy december:)plucked up courage to phone dentist :eek:and am going back tomorrow and hope to have tooth sorted out...very annoying thta it is worse now than before he filled it:(:(

DH off to Denmark till Friday and DS2 stuck in kent so just me and the girls(2 cats)to snuggle down and try and keep warm.should be going to aqua fit but the pool is so cold at the mo so decided against it.
    using up lots of sample sizes of moisturizer as skin gets dry in cold so 20p in pot for each 1 gone.
    had 3 letters from saga this week(all flogging car insurance)...are they trying to tell me something????

am hoping not to buy any toiletries this month after looking at my stash yesterday and seeing just how much I have(then looking at my credit card bill:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:)
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello ladies! Sorry for being a little AWOL - I've missed you :wave:

Big thanks to everyone for all the job congrats - I start next Monday :eek: And still waiting to hear details of my initial accomodation... I haven't even booked flights over yet!

So lots of packing to do this week and weekend... I've been trying to sort through and declutter over the past couple of weeks, and am aiming to cover the cost of a new laptop (very much needed) through eBay sales, topcashback cash i haven't claimed yet, and a few listings on gumtree - I had a few things end on eBay last night, and it's looking doable. And it's a great incentive to actually clear things out :)

Please count me in again for December, though not sure how much I'll actually be online over the next month or so!

There were only a couple of UUs from me in November I haven't reported yet:
    1 x shampoo
    1 x sample clinique face cream
    1 x clinique lipgloss (actually binned as i lost the top, but wasn't that keen anyway)

And a couple of ins
    a free sample of some random face treatment from sk:n
    hair dye (desperately needed!)

Hmm, I'm sure i can do better than that!

I've been quite lax with pampering recently actually - but I have a quiet night tonight, so aside from packing, I MUST dye my hair, and will do a face mask and proper body butter :)
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    freyasmum wrote: »
    I've been plodding along, finishing things and not adding :A

The only thing added this month (not including pressies here) will be the FCUK bag when it comes on OOTW hyper_fast.gif

OMG, I'm so excited! :D

Freyasmum, who's more excited you or your little man :rotfl:
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorted through my stash yesterday to try and fit in my crates what I had in a couple of carrier bags. Was a bit downhearted that I managed to get all but one carrier bag in but then realised that if I was still buying what I don't need I would still have two carrier bags full and possibly more so trying to look on it as a positive. I suppose it does help that the last time I bought anything was the 23rd October :j Three of the items were the same which I got on offer and needed and one was something I didn't need :o so maybe not as good as I should have been :)
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • Hastobe_Katt
    Options
    I have only just come across this thread :)

I recently stopped working so, with time on my hands, I sorted out cupboards and drawers. I found 47 bottles of shower gel / shower cream / bubble bath, nearly 30 fancy bars of soap, countless bottles of moisturising / body lotion and several bottles of talcum powder (which no-one uses)!! I had enough toiletries to fill a blanket chest. I have told all family members that, under no circumstances, are they to buy any more.

I reckon I have enough, not only for my lifetime but for those of my kids and future grandkids.
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Yay! I managed November:A .
    Now another month. How exciting!:beer:

And if we get a snow day from school 2moz that might just be what I need to actually face doing an inventory :eek: ....
  • Alton_Towers
    Options
    Count me in again this month. I will be honest though not sure how next month will go with the january sales at Boots! LOL
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Count me in again this month. I will be honest though not sure how next month will go with the january sales at Boots! LOL

How about making a list of what you will probably need throughout the next year and get that done in a more pleasurable gift set-y type way in the sales and stick to your list? e.g. dh and I get though bath stuff...bubble baths,oils etc...so I will buy them in sales, but we do not need more soaps however much I think I want them.

I'm really, really keen on a couple of the eye makeup gift sets, but I'm trying to stay strong and not need them on my christmas list
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure