Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Vegetarian Christmas alternative? - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Vegetarian Christmas alternative?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
170 replies 51.5K views

Replies

• robpw2robpw2 Forumite
    14K posts
    quorn turkey and stuffing :) its lush

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • kianickykianicky Forumite
    686 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    another veggie here :D

haven't had my xmas dinner yet, it's just being cooked by my dear mam as i cooked last year :D

this year mam is going veggie for the day.

we are having......

beef style veggie slices, sage and onion stuffing (HM), roast ptoatoes, carrot and swede mash, baby carrots, garden peas, brussel sprouts, cabbage, apple sauce (cause i love it!!!), yorkshires (HM), and veggie gravey :D

enjoy your dinner fellow veggies and if you've already had it i hope you enjoyed it.

merry xmas to all!!
    Vegetarian's Do Not!!!! eat fish :mad:

2015 comp wins: July: Travel wallet (Yazoo competition) :j :t
  • I'm 45 and have been a veggie all my life. there are loads of things hat you can muster up. Check this link for some deas perhaps for next year?

http://www.vegcooking.com/
    :beer:ASHCHIPS54:beer:

STOP BEING A VICTIM!!!!!:naughty::naughty:
  • kianickykianicky Forumite
    686 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    well i've had mine now and it was bloody yummmyyyy!!! slurp!!
    Vegetarian's Do Not!!!! eat fish :mad:

2015 comp wins: July: Travel wallet (Yazoo competition) :j :t
  • rockie4rockie4 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    We've just had caramelised onion and lentil wellington with all the usual trimmings, delicious!! :drool:

I'm so stuffed now we've postponed pud until later!!
  • Bogof_BabeBogof_Babe Forumite
    10.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had Linda McC sausages (lots!) and also a chicken-style meat loaf thing made from a packet mix bought in Holland & Barrett, which was quite nice too. Two types of veggie stuffing and the usual veg. It was every bit as good as the whole turkey caboodle and seems a lot less hassle.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• CarmenCarmen Forumite
    1.7K posts
    rockie4 wrote: »
    We've just had caramelised onion and lentil wellington with all the usual trimmings, delicious!! :drool:

I'm so stuffed now we've postponed pud until later!!

That sounds really scrummy, Rockie, I will give it a try in the week :T any tips to keep it moist?
    Carmen
  • I was going to do the usual Quorn Sunday Roast, covered in stuffing and then wellingtonised with pastry.

Unfortunately Quorn Roasts seemed to be out at my local supermarket so I lined a loaf tin with pastry, made a tomato based mince with soya mince and onions, put a layer of sage and onion stuffing in the middle and had a sliceable pie.

I'll probably do this again next year but I'll put something else in the middle as youngest not so keen on the stuffing.

The non-veggies had chicken breast as Turkey was deemed too much bother just for the two of them :(

Next year I must remember to buy cranberry sauce :)

Sou
  • kianicky wrote: »
    well i've had mine now and it was bloody yummmyyyy!!! slurp!!
    Glad you enjoyed it, kianicky, mine was yum too. Got to say - love your signature - quite why this idea that vegetarians eat fish is so persistant eludes me.

Soubrette's Xmas dinner sounded great too - must try that one.

Happy Xmas, everyone!
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.
  • Last year Mumsy was on chemo so couldn't stomach much let alone cook so we got a Chinese T/A on Chrimbo eve and rehated on the big day - seems to be a bit of a tradition now as this year Dad working nights so didn't get up till 5pm (he's off to work in a mo') so again rang mr ting last night. So for me veggie duck curry (made extra hot as they know I like it) with steamed rice and a large vodka and Ocean Spray cranberry and mango with Dr Who Special on the Sky + (not as good as the titanic one last year). am now stuffed but the ferrero rondnoir in the fridge (3 of us in the house - mum has the origina rocher, dad the white coconut things and me the dark ones - no arguments) are unlikely to see boxing day morning.