🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Easyjet Hand Baggage - what's allowed?

Options
Hi

I am flying with Easy jet tomorrow to the Isle of Man

I am just takingt hand baggage as I am only away 2 nights.

Firstly - my case is 48x34x26 cms. Will this be permitted? It looks quite big - butI have measured it twice.

Also - what liquids/toiletries can I take? Is the 100ml allowance TOTAL or per item? i.e. I want to foundation (not a full bottle), deodrant (again not full), lipgloss, and a 25ml perfume.

Would I be able to but deodrant when I went through security and put it in my bag then?

Thanks for any help xxx

Comments

• pinkcandyflossprincess
    Options
    hi-yes- if you wait till after security you can buy stuff then , I normally go to boots for full size lynx spray etc for oh and 2 boots meal deals.
    Next time you travel why not do as i do an send off for samples, i collect the perfumes, shampoos , face creams etc and keep them in a bag for holidays. I may not buy a bottle of britney spears latest creation but i find its ok for a quick spray as i get off the plane:rotfl:
    re bag allowence not sure unless i check the site -easyjet seem quite laid back though compared to ryan air
    ***MSE...My.Special.Escape***
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Easyjet hand luggage size is 56x45x25cm. It looks big because it is big - it's over 60 litres

The 100ml rules apply to all airports and all airlines in the UK so the Heathrow Airport information will be the same as everyone else's
  • CountryGoose
    Options
    kazimojo69 wrote: »
    Hi

I am flying with Easy jet tomorrow to the Isle of Man

I am just takingt hand baggage as I am only away 2 nights.

Firstly - my case is 48x34x26 cms. Will this be permitted? It looks quite big - butI have measured it twice.

Also - what liquids/toiletries can I take? Is the 100ml allowance TOTAL or per item? i.e. I want to foundation (not a full bottle), deodrant (again not full), lipgloss, and a 25ml perfume.

Would I be able to but deodrant when I went through security and put it in my bag then?

Thanks for any help xxx

It's not what's in the bottle - it's the volume of the bottle. 100ml in a 150ml bottle - fail; 100ml in 100ml bottle - pass!

Beware of bringing anything >100ml.

Also, even if you buy after security, you need to get it back again and the same rules will apply.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kazimojo69 wrote: »
    alanrowell wrote: »
    Easyjet hand luggage size is 56x45x25cm.

From the above, your bag is over by 1 cm in one dimension. If they ask you to put it in the "box" and it's tricky (or even difficult to get out again) they could be awkward.
  • ct71
    Options
    I am due to fly to Prague tomorrow and booked my tickets about two months ago. Quoted on easyjet's website is a handbaggage allowance of 56 x 45 x 25cm. Rather generous and I bought a suitcase to match.

HOWEVER... in a "travel checklist" I received by email a few days ago, hand baggage was quoted as

No weight limit on hand baggage
    Remember, we apply no weight restrictions on hand baggage. Each passenger is strictly allowed one piece of hand baggage only, including any hand bags & laptop cases, not exceeding the maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20cm. Charges will apply for all passengers arriving at the gate with a bag which does not comply with this policy, which will be checked into the hold & paid for as a hold bag.

They give a link to the standard rules and regulations which quote the original dimensions. Perhaps a change in policy is on its way? Anyone have any more info on this? Rather annoying as I bought a case 24cms in depth!
  • Cate1976
    Cate1976 Posts: 406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2010 at 9:39PM
    Options
    In my experience, Easyjet have a common sense approach. If the bag looks to be within the maximum they allow then they aren't too fussy if you're over on one dimension but under on another. If they have the 55X40X20 cms stated rather than the 55X45X25 which I thought they had, then you would be unlucky to be questioned about a bag 50X45X20. I've used a 35l rucksack which packed carefully is 55X40X20 and wasn't challenged by Ryan Air early March 2008 going Dublin-Stansted-Dublin. Used the same rucksack with Easyjet back at end of April/early May this year Belfast international-Stansted-Belfast International. My advice would be that if possible use bags within the dimensions given by your airline and if you're over on one but under on another, use a bag and pack it so that it will fit the gauge if staff want to check it does fit. That's the main reason that I use my rucksack which packed carefully was within the dimensions given by Ryan Air, meant being carteful about what went in the top and side pockets. The disadvantage of wheely cases is that they are too rigid to be 'made to fit' if you're over on one but under on another dimension.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport