We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 22nd November 2010

124»

Comments

  • Mon- nutroast, greens, carrots, roast spuds and gravy
    Tue - pasta bake
    Wed - quesadillas
    Thur - hm salmon fish cakes, chips and beans
    Fri - hm veggie curry, nan bread and rice
    Sat and Sun - not sure yet
  • Well things were going well until today. I have managed to get the day off & all this cold weather is making me & OH crave comfort food. So, instead of my planned F/R chicken roast & trimmings tonight I have a sausage casserole in the slow cooker. Dumplings will go in later.

    I can't make up my mind if I am weak willed or just plain fickle. Usually when I set my mind to something there's no shaking me, but this cold snap has affected me somewhat I'm afraid. I feel quite deflated, but am certainly going to give it another go - it should make my life a bit simpler & hopefully save £'s.

    A hitch which has arisen this week is that my local Mr S (my closest shop of any description - about 2 milwes away) has closed for about a week. Its recently had an extension built & is now being refitted. Now I can't nip down there if I'm getting low on something, but thinking about it, if I manage to meal plan successfully, my little trips down there could almost become a thing of the past. Now that WOULD be nice.

    When I was a kiddiewinkle the weekly menu was almost set in stone: roast on Sunday, cold meat etc on Monday, shepherds pie or stew with leftovers on Tuesday, etc etc, fish on Friday, you know the rest! I know it might have been a bit same ol same ol at times, but at least you were sorted regarding the shopping list! Looking back, my mum & nan must have been great with their purse strings.

    I shall be declaring my planned menu for next week on the thread in due course & will be giving it my best shot.

    Keep warm & safe y'all x
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.