We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 22nd November 2010

Hi Guys!

My health has been poor again and have spent a lot of time in hospital, so need to get more focused and organised.

This week we're having:

Mon-Sausage Cassarole & Baked Spud
Tues-Chilli, Wraps and Salad
Wed-Chicken, Roasties, Yorkies (Frozen), Carrots & Peas
Thurs-Lasagne & Salad
Fri-Take-Away
Sat-Egg, Chips & Beans
Sun-Shepherds Pie, Carrots & Sprouts

Have a good week.

PP
xx
To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
requires brains!
FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
«134

Comments

  • uolypool
    uolypool Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Hi everyone , need to get my bum into gear again.so deep breath here goes....
    Breakfaasts Cereals, toast, fruit tea and fruit juice
    Lunch children mon to fri at school I will have soup , toastie something to keep me warm:D
    Dinners
    Monday Lasagne and salad
    Tuesday Chicken pie Mash and veggies
    Wednesday jacket potatoes and chicken and bacon pasta bake
    Thursday Beef in Ale casserole with dumpling and veggies
    Friday Chicken in Blackbean sauce and rice
    Saturday Hm pizza and wedges
    Sunday Roast Beef and yorkies ,Roast Pots veggies and gravy
    Pudding on sunday will be apple pie and custard(homemade)

    Snacks will be , muffins, twinks, flapjacks, and anything alse that gets made.Have a good week everyone:D
    Paul Walker , in my dreams;)
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,062 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I know I say this every week, but is it really time for another week's mealplan? :eek: Where is this year vanishing to?

    My meal plan for last week went totally out of the window, so I really must do better this week. :o I've got:

    Friday - steak pie and veg (it's a ready made pie, which I wouldn't usually do, but I won't have long between getting home from work and going out for a charity event; I'm figuring that RM pie is better than nothing and giving in to a takeaway later on ;))
    Saturday - sausage and pork 'cassoulet' (in inverted commas because it's nothing a French person would recognise as cassoulet - it's rather good, though :))
    Sunday - sausage and veg casserole with HM focaccia
    Monday - lunch - LO casserole and focaccia; dinner - steak and ale stew with dumplings and veg
    Tuesday - lunch - LO stew with focaccia; dinner - HM cheese and onion quiche with baked beans
    Wednesday - lunch - quiche and HM soup; dinner - pasta with king prawns, chorizo and cherry tomatoes
    Thursday - lunch - quiche and soup; dinner - chorizo, squash and bean stew

    (I've included lunches as I'm rather impressed with myself that I've been organised enough to plan them!)

    Hmm, I've just noticed it's all a bit heavy on the red meat this week - I must balance that out next week. :think:

    Have a nice week, all. :)
    Back after a very long break!
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone :) So sorry to read you have been poorly, PP, I'm sending lots of wishes that you are feeling much better very soon x

    SAT
    B: Porridge, banana + O.J./coffee
    L: we usually go out + have veg nuggets+fries but trying to cut back, so will have veg fingers in finger rolls with oven "fries"
    D: Cashew + Veg Stir Fry

    SUN
    B: Toast, banana + OJ/coffee
    D: Sausage pie, veg pots + gravy
    T: B+B, Scottish Macaroons

    MON
    B: Branflakes,rice crispies or muesli + a banana,O.J./coffee
    L: Peanut butter sandwiches, carrot sticks, raisins
    D: Sausage pie, chips, peas+ gravy

    TUE
    B: Toast, banana + OJ/coffee
    L: Jam sandwiches, bought gingerbread men, strawberry shakes
    D: Chick Pea Stew with Middle Eastern Couscous

    WED
    B: Branflakes, rice crispies or muesli + banana, OJ/coffee
    L: Cheez Scones,carrot sticks and raisins
    D: Bean, Veg + Rice Soup with garlic baguette

    THU
    B: Toast, banana + OJ/coffee
    L: Cheez Scones, carrot sticks and raisins
    D: Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato + Watercress

    FRI
    B: Branflakes, rice crisps or muesli + banana, OJ/coffee
    L: Pasta Salad
    D: Pita Pizza, Veg Wedges + Onion Rings

    Supper for girls is usually porridge; toast, porridge or popcorn for us dependant of time of hunger pangs lol.

    Snacks can be fruit (pears, apples, dried cranberries, raisins), nuts (peanuts, almonds, brazils, pumpkin seeds) carrot sticks or B+B mug of veg bouillon for me.
    Love and compassion to all x
  • Thurs: Roast chicken, bacon and leek pie
    Friday: Out for dinner
    Saturday: Chicken risotto
    Sunday: Bolognaise (from freezer)
    Monday: Out for dinner to Mum's
    Tuesday: Chilli & rice
    Weds: Thai red chicken curry with rice

    Using up stuff from store cupboard and freezer for everything this week, apart from the chicken for tonight that I bought the other day.
  • JulieGeorgiana
    JulieGeorgiana Posts: 2,475 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 26 November 2010 at 5:13PM
    Okay, so this week we have a few items in the freezer we are 'not sure' about... so I have 1 week to defrost and 'hopefully' cook something with them!!!

    Everything else in the freezer has been carefully labled (so I actually know what it is) and is now monitored on a spreadsheet!!!

    Friday - Freezer 'Pork' Pot Luck (Rice, Beansprouts, Pork and Hoisin and Garlic Sauce) This one worked :D
    Saturday - Freezer 'Chicken Breast' Pot Luck (Thinking Chicken Kebabs!) So did this one! Yay!
    Sunday - Spanish Rice w/ Prawns (Have friends over)
    Monday - Freezer 'Beef Steak' Pot Luck (Thinking steak and Cauliflower Cheese) This did NOT work! Yuk!
    Tuesday - HM Tuna and Onion Pizza w/ HM Wedges (Fish Night, no pot luck)
    Wednesday - Freezer 'Sausages' Pot Luck (Thinking Spicy sausage pasta) This worked very well
    Thursday - Leftover Sausage Sauce with Mash (I have 12 Sausages!!!!!!)
    Friday - Freezer 'Turkey Steaks' Pot Luck (Scnitzel sounds nice) This got bumped for a HM Chicken and Brocoli Pie Lurking in the depths of the Freezer!!

    I also batch cooked some chilli for my Husband with Freezer 'Mince Meat' Pot luck! Made 8 Portions and Froze :D

    This weekend I am making a double batch of Twinks hobnobs (140) and freezing most of the raw ingredient. Made 100 only! They are rather large though :D
    I am making 40 Scones and butter and jamming them for lunches. Made 52!!!
    I am making 48 Rock Cakes and freezing them for lunches. Done!!
    I am making 24 mince pies (12 for a gift). 18 left... Yummy!!

    So that'll be biscuits enough for 4-6 weeks and scones and rock cakes for lunches until the Christmas holiday!

    Oh and some leftover for work :D

    Obviously I am hoping this meat will defrost and look and smell okay!!!

    otherwise is Freezer Soups!!! Wish me luck!!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • I'm really not sure of what's happening over the course of next week, so I'll just post for a few days ahead for now. There'll be more when I sort out what's going on.

    Fri - Jambalaya
    Sat - Poss steak sandwich, with fajita mushrooms.
    Sun - Chicken and bacon pie with potatoes and veg.
    Mon - Sub Roll Pizza
    Tues - Pass
    Weds - Pass
    Thurs - Pass
    Fri - Pass

    When I get more of an update, I'll fill it in, but I've got lots of things in the freezer so it shouldn't be too hard to put together when I know what we're doing. :)

    KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    Could still change things around but need to live out of freezer to save the pennies this week
    Just need milk, bananas and some veggies

    Sat - leek and potato soup,out with Mr T vouchers
    Sun - Salmon fishcakes, chicken and mushroom rissoto
    Monday - chicken stir fry
    Tuesday chilli
    Wednesday - spinach and chick pea curry, cumin spiced potatoes and rice
    Thursday - sausages with leek mash
    Friday - Italian bean stew

    Lunches will be tuna, bean and red onion salad, cous cous with cumcumber tomato and olives, PBJ,
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2010 at 2:35PM
    Monday - chilli pasta bake

    Tuesday - chicken thigh in sauce with rice

    Wednesday - [STRIKE]broad bean and smoked salmon pasta[/STRIKE] going to an open evening at the college so my sisters suggested going to the chinese afterwards for all you can eat

    Thursday - [STRIKE]spicy vegetable bake with chips and beans[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]broad bean and smoked salmon pasta[/STRIKE] had some fruit pastilles

    Friday - [STRIKE]chicken laksa[/STRIKE] broad bean and smoked salmon pasta

    Saturday - [STRIKE]chickpea, spinach and tomato curry with rice[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]toad in the hole with vegetables and onion gravy[/STRIKE] went to the cinema so had dinner out. I had chicken and roasted peppers with pasta in a creamy cheese sauce.

    Sunday - [STRIKE]toad in the hole with vegetables and onion gravy[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]going to the cinema so will eat out[/STRIKE] been invited to my dad's for a roast dinner

    Shopping-wise I need to get eggs, an onion and crème fraîche (and maybe some pasta depending what I decide to use)

    A few changes due to going out/not fancying anything.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

    Monday - L: hummous, carrot sticks and pitta strips. D: Spanish sausage pasta

    Tuesday - L: LO pasta. D: breaded fish, mash and peas.

    Wednesday - L: hummous, carrot sticks and pitta strips. D: tattie stew and bread.

    Thursday - L: sandwich. D: fish curry and rice.

    Friday - L: LO curry and rice. D: bean chilli and garlic bread.

    Saturday - packed lunch of sandwich etc, I think Boyfriend and I will be going on a day out to the British Museum. D: I'll do us the remaining 2 breaded fish portions with oven chips and peas, with choc pudding and custard for afters.

    Sunday - L: will see if BF wants to go out for lunch or me do sausage and mash, possibly inside big Yorkie puds if I can make them work. D: tattie stew and bread.
  • mum2b
    mum2b Posts: 79 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    PP hope you get better soon
    As for me, grocery challange not going well! Meal plan went out the window last week! AND I fell off the proverbial wagon! ARGH
    Still, I am clambering back on from today, so meal plans -
    Mon - ?? Soup *must involve lardons in the freezer......
    Tue - Saus Beans Mash
    Wed - Fish fingers, wedges, sweetcorn, cabbage
    Thu - Beans on toast
    Fri - Cottage Pie
    Sat - Chicken Korma
    Sun - Scampi, chips, any leftover veg
    Sep GC £235.51/£225.00
    Oct GC £240.44/£225.00
    Nov GC £170.76/£235.62
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.