We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 22nd November 2010

13

Comments

  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    edited 21 November 2010 at 1:50PM
    Monday - Sausage and Mash with peas and gravy (Lunch - leftover Sweet and Sour)
    Tuesday - Chilli con carne with rice, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips
    Wednesday - Leftover Chilli (OH working)
    Thursday - Beans on Toast or leftovers (OH working, DS eating at nursery)
    Friday - Tuna Pasta Bake (Leftovers will be eaten for lunch at weekend)
    Saturday - Chicken Chasseur with mashed potato, carrots and peas. (Might make this into a casserole for the slow cooker)
    Sunday - Eating at MIL.

    Snow is forecast for the end of the week, so I'm going to try and buy some extra bits and pieces for the following week..... I have the meat and brought sauces, just need the fresh stuff.

    Mon - Some sort of Pork chops with potato and veg
    Tues - Spag Bol
    Wed&Thurs - leftovers
    Fri - Carbonara pasta bake.

    Breakfasts are jam and toast, weetabix and orange juice.
    Lunches are leftovers, pasta and pesto, grilled cheese, or beans on toast.
    :heart: "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for." :heart:
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,062 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Katgoddess wrote: »
    Snow is forecast for the end of the week, so I'm going to try and buy some extra bits and pieces for the following week..... I have the meat and brought sauces, just need the fresh stuff.

    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

    Sorry, just had to say that! :o I hadn't seen that warning, so thanks very much for the tip-off - I'll have to add a few bits to my shopping list just in case the forecast's right. :T
    Back after a very long break!
  • Hi, I'm new to meal planning but have been reading about it over the last 2 or 3 weeks with interest and have decided to give it a go. I'm very lucky to have a Co-op close to where I work which often has some great reductions, so I tend to base meals around whatever bargains I've been able to pick up. Not sure how well I'll fare as I'm not that keen on meat & only eat it occasionally, but OH is a meataholic. Anyway, eyes down & here we go.............

    Monday - Chilli from slow cooker plus roasted veg & rice

    Tuesday - Chilli again with jacket spuds & HM guacamole (if advocado is ripe enough)

    Wednesday - Sausages (reduced from aforementioned bargain hunting & waiting in freezer), veggie sausages for me, mash, broccoli, cauli, sprouts & carrots, gravy

    Thursday - HM fish pie from freezer, mash, sprouts, cauli, etc

    Friday - Roasted F/R chicken, roast spuds, stuffing, cheesy leeks, whatever veg I have left from week, gravy, HM treacle tart

    Saturday - lunch - eggy bread sandwiches
    - dinner - chicken, aubergine & lentil curry, bhajis, HM saag paneer

    Sunday - lunch - chicken soup
    - dinner - Roast pork, HM apple sauce (from freezer), crackling for OH & Collie dog, roasties, yorkies, stuffing, whatever veg I've got in but definitely mashed swede, gravy HM apple pie & custard.

    My notebook & pen are poised to jot down the bits I need to get. I can't believe how organised I feel already. Will be back at some point with a progress report.

    Thanks for the nod re. the weather forecast. Have already stocked up on beef & veggie suet, long life milk, butter & extra flour ( for pastry), but may well get a bit of extra veg in by mid week x
  • a_sav
    a_sav Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    Sun-Roast pork pots,runner beans & stuffing
    Mon-m&s southern chicken,waffles,sweetcorn &beans
    Tue-Spag bol
    Wed-Porkchops mash cabbage
    Thurs -ohs turn
    Fri-Fish
    Sat- tuna pasta bake (left overs taste good for sun lunch)
  • Second post from me, I don't think I managed it last week, but I did plan and (mostly) stick to it, only thing was an unexpected late night at work for OH so jiggled it about a bit so a quicker to make meal that night.

    Sat: L at my Mums
    Sat: T OH cooking ?

    Sun: L Brunch
    Sun: T at MILs

    Mon: T Asda curry bag

    Tue: T Slow cooker steak in onion gravy with mash, carrots, sprouts and yorkshires

    Wed: T Fajitas, boiled rice & salad

    Thu: T Corned beef hash and yorkshires

    Fri: T Freezer french bread pizza, wedges/garlic baguette & salad

    Sat: L Freezer Chilli & rice

    This is where next week starts :D
  • Hi all did not plan last week and ended up spending more on food tha I should have done. Here goes for this week
    Sun
    L - sandwich and fruit
    D - Roast beef and trimmings
    Mon
    L - HM soup and fruit
    D - Roast butternut squash soup with apple crumble and custard
    Tue
    L - Soup and fruit
    D - Fish chips and mushy peas
    Wed
    L -left over D from last night
    D - Jamacian jerk chicken (daugthers cookery lesson at school)
    Thur
    L - Soup and fruit
    D - Salmon fishcakes and herby wedges
    Fri
    L - Soup and fruit
    D - Crunch topped veg bake with corn on the cob
    Sat
    L - sandwich
    D - Spicy pork and rice
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2010 at 12:46AM
    Snow forecast here too but thankfully my landy gets us most places whatever the weather & I run errands for locals when it's bad so usually out and about collecting shopping for the elderly etc

    PenPin hope you're on the mend x
    Katgodess may I suggest an apple/cider sauce with generous chunks of apple as a sauce and maybe with cabbage and mustard mash - DP dislikes pork but can you tell I don't!
    Kitchenbunny can I please have your jambalaya recipe, I tried one and it was vile!

    Anyway I must must must do this again every week!!! I'll start with mains, might move to the rest when feeling brave but boys are on school dinners during the week and eat out Saturdays so just me and DP most of the time

    Monday - chicken curries, naan and sides for us, chicken wraps for the boys
    Tuesday - pizzas as I need to be out asap after tea
    Wednesday - Prawn stir fry, rice, prawn crackers/sides. Sweet & sour for DSs
    Thursday - spag bol
    Friday - chicken enchiladas, ravioli for DS2
    Saturday - fish, chips and peas
    Sunday - toad in the hole with whatever veg is left + tinned if needed

    Ok for mains I need a little veg & chips, I did a giant shop last Monday so I'm pleased. will need bread and rolls for lunches, maybe some more sandwich meat oh and DPs beloved coke!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Hi All - I'm really late this week!!! Was so busy back end of last week, forgot to post and the plan has gone a bit to pot as we have had takeaway twice (hangs head in shame....)

    Sorry to hear you are poorly PP - get well soon.

    This week we have had/having:

    Thurs: Garlic Sausage on Toast (DH went out - he had a bacon sandwich before leaving)
    Fri: Takeaway Pizza (with voucher)
    Sat: Pink Chicken (or its real name - French Style Farmhouse Casserole) & Rice
    Sun: Takeaway again (this time at DH's parents) - I didn't pay!!!
    Mon: Turkey Meatballs with mash and onion and mushroom gravy and broccolli
    Tues: Out with a friend for her birthday
    Wed: HM Veggie Curry (using up LO veggies in the fridge) - DH going to see Motorhead!

    I can see this being a trend on the run up to Christmas, but I'm determined to use up the contents of the freezer - if I'm spending money on takeway - we don't want to be spending money on groceries too!
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

    Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • Thanks Nicola :) only just saw your info!

    mealplan going well for the week!
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • I'm really not sure of what's happening over the course of next week, so I'll just post for a few days ahead for now. There'll be more when I sort out what's going on.

    Fri - Jambalaya
    Sat - Poss steak sandwich, with fajita mushrooms.
    Sun - Chicken and bacon pie with potatoes and veg.
    Mon - Sub Roll Pizza
    Tues - Omelette
    Weds - Pork Fajita Wraps
    Thurs - Spaghetti Bolognese
    Fri - Sweet & sour chicken with noodles and extra veg

    When I get more of an update, I'll fill it in, but I've got lots of things in the freezer so it shouldn't be too hard to put together when I know what we're doing. :)

    KB xx

    Just updating my post with the rest of the week. Things are still a bit up in the air, but I've planned a few more days ahead to use up stuff from the freezer. :) There's also a bit of cake left for puds as well as some home made sausage rolls (trial run for Christmas) for lunches. Have a good rest of week!

    KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.