We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MealPlans WB 22nd November 2010

24

Comments

  • Rebekah24
    Rebekah24 Posts: 544 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2010 at 4:51PM
    Checking in for this week, about on target for £1 a day

    (Please note I have UC, so my diet is very limited to reduce pain/symptoms - also means I have very little appetite)

    Monday - Quorn lasagne ( treat from ma)

    Tuesday - Soup 1/2 portion

    Wednesday - Hot squash + Ensure juice (meal replacement drink from docs)

    Thursday - Soup 1/2 portion

    Friday - Yoghurt + tea

    Saturday - Pots of tea .. got to go up hospital for tests so I wont be filing my gills lol

    Sunday - Pots of tea, Ensure juice + sparkling water
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Rebekah24 wrote: »
    Checking in for this week, about on target for £1 a day

    Monday - Quorn lasagne ( treat from ma)

    Tuesday - Soup 1/2 portion

    Wednesday - Hot squash + Ensure juice (meal replacement drink from docs)

    Thursday - Soup 1/2 portion

    Friday - Yoghurt + tea

    Saturday - Pots of tea .. got to go up hospital for tests so I wont be filing my gills lol

    Sunday - Pots of tea, Ensure juice + sparkling water


    hi, i dont mean to pry but your diet doesnt seem the mosty nutrient dense. could you not swap your pot of tea for a thin soup, or add a smoothie etc for some vitamins. i dont mean to offend but for me anyway id rather have a warming bowl of soup than a sickly ensure !
  • Sorry I should put on my Mealplan that I have UC!! Sometimes I cant manage a thin soup or smoothie... I am being adventurous attempting a proper meal on monday!!

    Thank you for your concern :)
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • PP sorry to hear that you have been unwell. Thankyou for starting the thread.

    My freezer in the outhouse is now nearly emptied (or will be at the end of the week) so I can defrost it and start again in December!

    Mon: DH - tomato, lime and coriander sauce with stuffed pasta; Me & boys: red pesto tagliatelle
    Tues: Sausage, mash,leek and cabbage
    Weds: Hm lentil & vegetable curry and naan
    Thurs: Hm hamburgers & chips
    Fri: Jacket potatoes (whatever topping we have in fridge or cupboards)
    Sat: Hm battered fish with chips and peas
    Sun: Turkey breast, stuffing, roast spuds and veg
    DFW Nerd 941 Proud to be dealing with my debt
    August GC £0/£300

  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Really struggling this week as start my evening job on monday so need something that OH won't mind heating up for his dinner later.

    I think

    S - No idea!!!
    S - Belly of Pork
    M - Stew
    T - Individual Pies with mash etc
    W - Spag Bol
    T - OH's birthday so we're going out for a meal
    F - Steak/Kiev with Chips
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Hi all,

    Not posted on here much in recent months. Still been meal planning, but not got round to posting. I am really in need of some inspiration though as getting bored with the same meals.

    This week it's as follows:

    Sat - Out at friends/DH having take away
    Sun - Chicken, Cheese & Avocado in Garlic & White Wine (DH cooking)
    Mon - Salmon, Broccoli & Potato Bake (new recipe so fingers crossed)
    Tue - Chicken Stir Fry (not exactly sure what yet)
    Wed - Spaghetti Bolognese
    Thu - Thai Green Turkey Curry
    Fri - Quiche & Salad

    Lunches are soups (Potato & Leek, Lentil & Tomato) and filled rolls.

    Have a good week everyone. I am going to read back now and steal some ideas for next week. xx
  • Right this week, in no particular order:
    Sausage & mash (had this last night, yum)
    Veggie breakfast (Asda glamorgan sausages from frozen counter, served with eggs, beans etc)
    Jacket potato with cheese or coleslaw
    Asda ready meal (for those tired evenings from work) - Chicken Tikka Masala
    Ditto - Asda Hunters Chicken
    Gammon & rice or mash
    Ham, egg and croquettes (Aunt Bessies yum)

    So bit of a mixture this week. Keep warm everyone.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,229 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    in no particular order, we'll be having

    chicken supreme, veg and rice
    gnocchi in a tomato sauce
    faggots, chips and mushy peas
    southern fried chicken, savoury rice and corn on the cob
    sausage casserole and veg
    bolognaise (will make lasange tumbled down from bolognaise mix for next week)
    sticky pork chops, mash and veg
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Rebekah24 wrote: »
    Sorry I should put on my Mealplan that I have UC!! Sometimes I cant manage a thin soup or smoothie... I am being adventurous attempting a proper meal on monday!!

    Thank you for your concern :)

    Hi Rebekah hope you don't mind me chiming in but I used to have severe UC (appointment booked with surgeon stage) but managed to avoid surgery as I was lucky enough to introduced to a book of an American diet doctor.
    I've just spent a while trying to remember what the heck that book was called and after a search on Amazon (spelling the name wrong didn't help but the mad long title did) :)

    No More Heartburn: Stop the Pain in 30 Days--Naturally!: The Safe, Effective Way to Prevent and Heal Chronic Gastrointestinal Disorders
    - Paperback (Feb 2000) by Sherry A. Rogers


    I was very, very sceptical when I tried it, especially as it was bland and some of the stuff (aloe) tasted vile but it did work for me.
    7+ years of remission so far. Amazingly once my insides had healed ~ which took a few months I've been able to go back to a normal (mainly healthy) diet.

    The diet had a lot of healthy natural foods but some of the things you avoid for the "repair" phases were on the list of stuff to eat on the UK doctors UC diet sheets ~EEK!

    Anyway enough of my ramble I just thought I'd say that I totally sympathise with your food choices and have definitely been there myself! I don't know if you could get the book from the library system it might be worth a read.

    The bits I remember were total elimination of Monosodium Glutamate and Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein from my diet, there were other things too but pretty much most pre-packed value foods seem to have one of those two items in :( (I made a LOT of home made food in those two/three months)

    I can't remember everything but dairy milk & mushrooms was in there too....sorry all my books are packed for the move or I'd look it up for you.

    Good Luck on your journey towards a healthy system
    Love & Prayers
    Nicola xx
    :heart::heart: Now "Newly Married" & extra happy! :heart::heart:
  • Sorry didn't mean to thread hijack

    Meals for the week:
    Sunday: Sausage & mash with carrots & gravy
    Mon: Cheese & Potatoe pie with salad (made Sun night using extra mash, lol)
    Tues: Tai green curry with mixed pepper stir fry
    Wed: Spag Bol
    Thursday: Jacket Pot with leftover Spag Bol sauce & salad
    Friday: Fish Supper of some kind
    Sat: Lasagne & veggies

    Seems I have a week of Winter comfort food :D.
    :heart::heart: Now "Newly Married" & extra happy! :heart::heart:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.