Real life MMD: Cat has licked our food, should we eat it?

Options

Comments

• zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Flu - the old man's friend.
    Indian cholera - the death of the dog
    Black death - worsened by killing dogs.
    White death - TB in crowded conditions and the milk supply in Victorian Britain.
    Malaria - endemic in the Thames estuary after the Roman empire fell apart.
    Syphillis - nice one Columbus.
    HIV - now where did that one come from?

Those who fail to learn from history tend to repeat it.

Chimpanzees (they're apes too). Bit close to home eh?

Oh and syphilis has been found in skeletons pre Columbus (who took it to the americas). It apparently started in the eastern med roman orgies and all that.
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • Tomsk46
    Options
    Man up Buttercup, eat it.
  • John_Pierpoint
    Options
    zygurat789 wrote: »

Oh and syphilis has been found in skeletons pre Columbus (who took it to the americas). It apparently started in the eastern med roman orgies and all that.

It seems to have got transmuted a bit into a major killer at about the time of Columbus - perhaps it was something to do with Medieval social customs? You really drew the short straw if you were born blind, a congenital infection by your mother (and possibly your father!).

Malaria seems able to transmute to an ever nastier version everytime we think we have a drug to deal with it.
  • rojanich
    Options
    This is the best MMD for ages.

My answer ?

One slice for the cat, after all it's done you a favour 'cos you get to eat the rest of the lamb.

Put the OH out at night instead of the cat because he obviously need to understand where he comes in the household hierarchy...........last :rotfl:

Seemples
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options

Malaria seems able to transmute to an ever nastier version everytime we think we have a drug to deal with it.

Most deadly disease ever known to man and yet all the research and money goes into aids - why?
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    Options
    I don't eat lamb, neither does DD, so there would never be £20 of lamb sitting on the worktop anyway.

It definitely wouldn't have been uncovered ( haven't you watched Jamie et al, it's important to rest lamb after cooking, but you keep it covered to keep the moisture in)

Our cat never goes up on the worktops ( they are glossy worktops so we'd see the footprints) as there is never anything left out for the cat to eat there...

In your shoes I'd cut off the offending slice, then slice up the rest and put DH's portion sized piece in the freezer to be eaten at a later date, then give him some beans on toast for tea.

:D
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just don't eat @ MSE Penelope's if you are frightened or say you are a vegetarian
  • NanaT
    Options
    Quote: 'The only good cat is a dead cat'.
  • stueymac
    Options
    throw the lamb away it's been on the counter for days now
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    i was in the 'eat it' way of thinking until i mentioned this thread to my friend and she said "how do you know it hasnt licked more than the bit you saw it lick" now im not so sure lol
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport