Options
    It works :T
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't have the two free months for council tax as moved from 10 month to 12 month to lower payments.
    British Gas renewal date now sorted out and noted down.
    HSBC account now able to accessed through internet banking.

OH mum sending xmas money early. I'm trying to work out the best way of asking my parents to send Tesco vouchers early for xmas without it sounding like I'm asking for money (been accused of only talking to them when I want money).
  • bluejeans53
    Options
    Hiya Cally 6008, well done, you sound well organized. New year is a fab time for us to clear our heads and go for it

Yes WE CAN ALL DO THIS

:)
    Do I need this or just want it.
    If you always do what you always do...You will get what you always get.
    Debt Free since 16/12/10
    Starting Weight 14-7 Current 13-7-0 total -14lb
  • cally6008
    Options
    I'm in the Barclays Reserve trap and am determined to not get further into it. I've got £88 of fees to pay on 2nd Dec, bad timing or what ?! I've succeeded before and I will succeed again.

Barclays won't up my overdraft so that option is out. Credit rating going downhill so not worth applying for credit cards or owt.

The question - I can't fathom out if it would be worth me now opting out of the Reserve. I can't see how much the charges would be if I went over my organised overdraft.

Overdraft £500, Reserve £500.

(reposting here to get advice instead of down in budget + bank section)
  • dfw123
    dfw123 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I'm going to buy a little handbag diary, they're about 59p from Poundstretcher/In Store, i like to write things so this will be better than google calendar i use! and will fit in my bag wherever i go!

Hope i can stick to it!

Good luck for 2011! :D
  • Watalie
    Watalie Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant Idea - I'm going to try that too :)
  • Little_bit_dizzy
    Options
    Great idea - I've dabbled with clearing my debt for years but never really been motivated enough to do it seriously. I think an 'outgoings / debt diary' would help me (I have a spreadsheet version but waver from the planned repayments too often). Off to Poundland later in the week!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions...
  • janie-h
    Options
    Excellent idea! Think I'll give it a go - and maybe a spreadsheet too. That is... if I can stop reading forum posts for long enough to put anything on it! LOL
    I've become obsessed with all the tips and advice :D
  • cally6008
    Options
    Brilliant :) my parents have agreed to send Tesco vouchers early. That's a big help.
  • I'm going to save £2 coins next year. My neighbour does and saves loads without noticing it going from her purse!

I like the idea of being organised with a calendar though ... but a trip to poundland can be expensive!

I'm also going to grow more fruit next year (plants at poundland in spring) - I want some more gooseberries and I might get another blackcurrant bush too. For £1 and little effort it means I can have soft fruit for pies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure