Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

How to check your Internet usage (bandwidth) - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

How to check your Internet usage (bandwidth)

edited 29 January 2011 at 2:26PM in Broadband & Internet Access
181 replies 306.9K views

Replies

• i thinks its great BT send out emails to let ya know you are nearing your useage allowance, although i have infact been charged for going two months in succession, over my 10gb limit, per month.....yet when i ask for details they cant provide such. im adding a useage monitor as we speak, and possibly the one noted at top of this page! thanks guys!!
    it is all very perplexing with BT! ( im finding im beginning to distrust them!!)
  • Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have read through this thread and still haven't found an answer to my query; so I may as well post it now.

Is there any way to track a network's internet usage through a Belkin F5D9230UK4 (G+ Mimo)? I'd prefer to do this rather than install NetMeter which I know for a fact if I install it on my sisters computer she will just uninstall it straight away.

If you can help, thanks so much ;)
  • Yes, I've just started with BT and have had an email saying that I've used 7GB in 9 days. I was previously with Orange on a 2mg allowance and never received warning emails. Don't know whether BT are more sensitive about usuage ... I can't think that I've really used 7gb!
    Is there any way of measuring the output from each individual port from my Homehub 2.0 so I can see where all this bandwidth is going?? I can't afford penalties.
  • Hi i'm thinking of getting 02 mobile broadband with a 3GB limit - how long would this last do you think - is it a fair amount or would i easily use that in amonth - i mainly check emails, go on facebook etc and other forums.
    A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:
  • yumzoneyumzone Forumite
    157 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    im on tmobile 12 month mobile broadband and have 3gb, i wondered how long that would last, i browse, check emails and go on face book.:j
    :T Smilings good for you, it releases happy endorphines in your brain and makes your boobs grow bigger :T
    :naughty: Don't worry about the world coming to an end today; it's already tomorrow in Australia! :naughty:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • BlegBleg Forumite
    325 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I downloaded netmeter yesterday. It does not seem to be monitoring anything after 24hrs os use. The graph pops up but it is blank. Is there something I am missing. I downloaded version 1.1.3. All help appreciated
    -Keep your eyes to the sunshine and you would not see the shadows-:beer:
    -Remember your forgetfulness is not my emergency:p
  • marozasimarozasi Forumite
    5 posts
    Really thanks for the tutorial, it helped me out! Because I always did more bandwidth than my ISP allows me and I paid extra money for that... Really really thank you!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • Hello...
    Just login to your ISP's website they will tell you the internet usage. By entering information like phone number, bill number etc you will get your internet usage details....
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • alaredalared Forumite
    4K posts
    Bleg wrote: »
    I downloaded netmeter yesterday. It does not seem to be monitoring anything after 24hrs os use. The graph pops up but it is blank. Is there something I am missing. I downloaded version 1.1.3. All help appreciated

Right click on the netmeter icon and then click totals
  • BlegBleg Forumite
    325 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I gave up on netmeter and downloaded Networx version 4.9.5 instead. Its brilliant been using it for a month now. It can be set up to monitor both peak and off-peak usage. I am extremely pleased :T
    -Keep your eyes to the sunshine and you would not see the shadows-:beer:
    -Remember your forgetfulness is not my emergency:p
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support