Immoral_angel's Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Just managed to gain £50 because my bank where we have our savings account couldn't beat our house insurance price! They've got a deal on to encourage people to get their house insurance where you go in for a quote and if they can't beat your price they'll match your existing policy like for like and give you £50! So all we have to do is take down our house insurance policy and they're going to match it and give us a £50 cheque! Not bad for a days work! lol! Although we'll have to switch house insurance we'll be £50 up and won't be any worse off each month (we only pay £4.47 per month (£50.67 per year!) for contents anyway! lol!).
    Woohoo! That'll go nicely towards paying off our debts! I love getting money for doing jack... :) The bank is the Woolwich by the way in case anyone else's branches are doing the same deal... :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Got our £500 surestart grant today and promptly paid off my Capital one credit card and closed the account... WOOOOHOOOOO! Feeling so good as at 29.9% (and them wanting to up it to 34.9%!) I couldn't wait to see the back of them.. plus now we've brought our unsecured debt down to under £5000 and have paid off 3 debts worth over £1000 in a month! Plus we've achieved our Clear 3 debts by christmas challenge! Better up it to 4!
    Right... now to start working towards paying off my Blackhorse loan!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :beer: well done (will have your drink for you as know you can't at the mo!)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • sophiesmum_2
    Options
    :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!

Great news that you have achieved your 3 debts before xmas challenge. You should feel really pleased with yourselves.Now go and get that next debt blitzed!!!

looking at what you have left, and it is looking much better, would you not be better paying off one of the storecards next as these usually have really bad APR's. Just a thought - could save you money in the long run.

Anyway well done.

sophiesmum:D
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

• immoral_angeluk
    Options
    OH.... MY... GOD I NEED TO HURRY UP AND HAVE THIS BABY!!!! I've just been working out the finances for the start of 07 for when Kaitlyn's born. (For those of you who don't know we're calling our new baby Kaitlyn, so if I talk about Kaitlyn you know who it is now... she's due 22nd Jan...)
    We're going to be so much better off because of the extra tax credits and child benefit... I've worked out the finances based on the bills as they currently are based on our basic wage (and my basic maternity pay after tax..) so currently it looks like this..

Incomings
    Ste wages: £850
    Sar wages: £450 basic mat pay after tax
    CTC: £176 (£44 a week currently for just Ashli)
    CB: £69.80

Outgoings
    Bills/Debt payments: £881.26
    Food £150
    Petrol £40 (approx)
    ste's driving lessons @ £19 a week £76

Spare: £398.54 left for everything else

After Kaitlyn's born it's going to look like this..

Incomings:
    Ste wages: £850
    Sar wages: £450
    CTC: £352 (based on £88 a week which TC have quoted me.)
    CB: £116.60

Outgoings:
    Bills/Debt payments: £881.26
    Food £150
    Petrol £40 (approx)
    ste's driving lessons @ £19 a week £76 (If he hasn't passed his test by then which he should have TBH.)

Spare: £621.34 left for everything else!

Which means our income goes up by £222 a month!!! Not to mention that we haven't got the water bill going out again til march (£89.16 saved there..) and no council tax payments in feb/mar (£198 saved there!). Plus when Steve passes his test we'll be saving £76 a month on driving lessons (Don't ask how much his insurance will be though.. haven't even braved checking! lol!)

I reckon we can have these debts paid off quicker than we realise...

Our debts currently stand at..

Sarah Citi: 487.42
    Mothercare: 482.42
    Dotty p's: 509.05
    barclaycard 862.51
    ste citi 1460
    Ste capital one: 580

If we save all of the extra tax credits and all of the child benefit each month we'll be able to save £292 at the very least, plus adding any extra wages to it for any overtime, as well as anything else we can save through being strict with our spending.... and I reckon we should be able to clear another 3 debts by the time I go back to work..

So if we look at it Feb to April (Kaitlyn's bound to have been born by then)
    Feb: 176 tc
    CB 116.60
    £99 c tax
    £22.29 water

Saved £413.80 before any extra savings, would be the same for march..

Apr would be just 176 tc and 116.60 cb so £292.60

So Feb-Apr should be able to save a minimum of £1120.20 without adding any extra money. Plus if I can convince Steve to add any christmas bonuses he gets.... ;)

Sorry to ramble on.. I think that makes sense.. I'm not great with number so need to write things down all the time to be able to understand where we're at.. LOL.

Ouch.. looking at all those numbers has given me a right headache!

Forgot to mention we managed to save £14.16 from last weeks november challenge :) Plus got a nice cheque from HM revenue and customs this morning for £115.31 because I overpaid income tax in 04/05 apparently.. lol! Either way that's another £129.47 towards paying off black horse!
    Going christmas shopping tomorrow to get all our presents with what's left of the surestart money. :D Means we won't have to dig into our own pockets to get everyone's presents this year! :T
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • tryhard_2
    Options
    good luck and hope it is goodbye blackhorse soon
    TH
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    HAd our tax credits update today with the change of circumstances calculated... and even though the lady on the phone told me our payments would stay the same until week beginning 10th december, next week is our last increased payment, and then they go down to £35 a week (From £125! *sob*) even though she said it'd be £44 a week. I hate tax credits but at least we've had it fairly easy with no massive overpayments or anything and it's such a pain that we have to rely on them.
    Ah well.. will have to redo the budget for december! Will still be able to pay off Blackhorse as the cheque from the tax rebate covers what we're losing... just means we won't have much extra left over. Oh well.
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aw hun, sorry to hear news. Just when you were so upbeat as well!!! You have 2 conflicting sets of info:
    1. Date of change
    2. Amount now due.

I'd get back onto them and ask them to check. 1 set is wrong - let's hope it's the latest ones!

Keep your chin up!!!!!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Just called the tax credits and basically the woman I originally spoke to told me the wrong info and what we've had today is right... boooo!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • LucyJR
    LucyJR Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Just having a look at your SOA - you say that your husband doesn't drive, so how does he get to HMV (I think I'm from the same area as you) Are you taking him in to town in the mornings? Could he not get the good ol' 876 instead, cutting down on some of the travelling costs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure