Immoral_angel's Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Immoral Angel someone is hacking into your thread and posting upbeat news - weren't you all doom and gloom just a few short weeks ago??????

WE TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great news all around then! Well done, it's lovely to read your upbeat post. Hope many many more follow! :T
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • chocaholic110
    Options
    Excellent! You are doing really well. And if you somehow go back to the doom and gloom you can come back to this thread and see how far you have come.
    I'm sure with the positive attitude and determinatio you have at the moment you will be debt free before you know it!
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Having looked at our figures for how much we're able to save to go towards debts..and I'm feeling really optimistic at being able to have 4 debts cleared off by the middle of december, without saving ANY tax credits after 6th december or any extra 'challenge' money at all. We're currently getting £113 a week tax credit until the week beginning 10th December (After which it drops to £44) so if we save that every week until then we'll have £452, plus child benefit which goes in on the 5th December of £69.80.. PLUS we should be getting our £500 Surestart maternity grant any day and don't need to get that much for the new baby so I reckon if we use some of it to get xmas pressies we can save £300 out of it (Use £100 for baby stuff and £100 for presents.). Add all that to the £402.69 we've already got in savings waiting to pay off dell that all comes to £1226.49 :d :d :d

Rockwell is already paid off :T so the next one's we'd be looking to clear are Steve's Dell @ £317, my Capital one card @ £433 and my Black horse loan @ approx £420 and those only total £1170!! Needless to say I reckon we'll easily be able to have all those paid off middle of december all being well. That will mean we'll be £89 per month better off just from those, and will have wiped a massive £1335.18 off our debt in the space of 2 months :eek: ... I can't believe it!!! I can't wait to tell Steve when he comes in.. I know he hates me going on about money but this is GOOD news for once!!! Plus I think he'll be shocked at home much we'll have been able to achieve in such a short space of time.

We're even going out tonight for a mate's birthday and it's nice to be able to treat ourselves and not worry about money. Also had a look at our spending compared to how much money we've got after bills and driving lessons and we're way over our original £11.60 a day so am confident we can save even more from our November Challenge... :D

I'm so glad we have had our lightbulb moment efore it got way out of control. Obviously it'll be a bit harder to be motivated when the new baby's born BUT saying that our tax credits and child benefit will go up and we won't be going anywhere for the first few weeks so we'll probably do a lot better than expected even with the added nappies, formula etc.
    :D

If we keep going on at this rate we're going to be able to bring our debt free date massively forward :D

Sounds silly but I'm loving life at the moment :j . Seeing real progress towards our debts has given us such a sense of achievement and knowing that we're going to be so much better off for it in the end. :beer:

To anyone who's going through this as well.. just remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.. it's just a case of finding your way to the end... :D
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • tryhard_2
    Options
    good for you Sarah, well done
    TH
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    It's that time of the week again! November Challenge update time! This weeks been a bit of a funny one really. All in all we managed to save £27.15... BUT we had to buy a birthday present for Steve's best mate (£10.50) and we went out for said mate's birthday to Rileys and ended up spending another £16.. so essentially all that we'd saved was spent on 2 one offs we hadn't planned for BUT we didn't spend over budget even though we bought a birthday present and went out sat night.. so it's not all bad as we would've been nearly £30 up if we hadn't done those. But if you can't let your hair down once in a while and buy your mate a birthday present then whats the point? Either way we saved every penny of the tax credits which was £113 instead of the £44 we were expecting so we've come out on top without even trying anyway. :)
    All in all a good week considering the exceptions. Should be able to save some extra money alongside of the £113 tax credits this week. :)

Steve's looking forward to paying off Dell in the morning. :) Going to call them as soon as they open and get it paid. Will also call up the jobcentre and check they got my surestart form ok if we don't hear anything soon. People I know from babyworld got their money in 4 days... WHERE'S OURS? lol!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Have just paid our second debt and are well on the way to our clear 3 debts by Christmas challenge!
    Wooooooo! So long Dell!
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Queen_B_3
    Options
    Congratulations, you are doing so well to clear off your debts, keep up the good work :D
    I :heart2: saving money
  • immoral_angeluk
    Options
    Got our letter through about our Surestart grant this morning, and the money is going in on thursday! Wooo! £500 for nothing! We aim to spend £100 on baby stuff (We've already got most of it!), £100 on xmas presents and then put £300 on debts...
    We did buy some baby things out of savings today (To celebrate the grant news! lol) so have only got £33 in savings now, but add to that the £113 tax credits which are going in tomorrow and £300 of the surestart money we'll have £446 and will be able to pay off my capital one!!! Woooo! Then once that's paid we'll be able to save towards paying off my black horse loan, which we'll be able to do around the second week in december after we've saved up all the higher tax credits and child benefit. :D
    can't wait to be able to buy all the baby things, christmas presents and pay off the capital one scumbags with their 29.9% bullcrap! LOL
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • Skint-gall
    Options
    Well done!
    Skint- Gall
    :p
    Trying my best to get out of debt!

Joint Northern Rock, balance £17000, £194 pcm approx 11% APR
    Mines. Egg Loan Balance £10,551.85. ££215.21 pcm Due to finish 01/02/20012. APR 7.7%
    Mines. Cahoot credit card. Limit £4000, balance £4337.21, £100 pcm. 11.8% apr
    Mines. Cahoot o/d. Limit £2000. Balance £2020.32 Attempt to pay £80 pcm. APR 9.8%
    Mines. Choice Balance £902.49,Goods on approval £547.00. Pay approx £120 pcm
    Joint Alliance and Leicester o/d. Limit £100. Current balance £in credit.

Joint Smile O/d.Limit £500Balance-£350.

Total Joint debt March 07 £35708.87 Dec06 £36,307.03:eek: £36468,57 Nov06[/COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure