We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
OS Daily Thursday 4th November
Comments
-
Morning all
Hugs to all those with unwell family members
Off to get my mum to look for wardrobe doors at lakeside today would rather pull my teeth with rusty pliers but i promised
Tea tonite is sausage rolls chips n beans
right better go n get ready have a good day0 -
bargainbird wrote: »Floss - What rubbish service by BG hope the get their act together.....
Can't really complain, they can't find the fault, they just keep having to come out, the boiler has had everything replaced at least once and they are footing the bill for the engineer's visit today, not us!
0 -
floss2, my parents were in a similar situation last year living off an immersion heater and little electric fire for ~6 months around christmas. It wasn't too bad actually, as long as your house is well insulated.
Went to see The Town last night, loved it, OH was horrified at the end when I asked which one Ben Affleck was
Equally horrified when I didn't recognise Jonny Depp in one of the trailers...
I really don't want to go to work today, but it's not like I have much choice! I've been dragging my feet enough this morning, munching my museli sooo slow. On the topic of breakfast, I can't wait to go back to soy milk. Goats milk isn't having as bad an effect as cow's but I do get a lot of tummy rumbles after and it's making my nose red! Think I have roaesca? like my mum, my daily banana and coffee is making me look like rudolph
I want a frothy soy cappuccino and to make some soy yogurt!Living cheap in central London :rotfl:0 -
floss2, my parents were in a similar situation last year living off an immersion heater and little electric fire for ~6 months around christmas. It wasn't too bad actually, as long as your house is well insulated....
Ah, therein lies another little problem...can't insulate the attic as DH uses it as an office, can't have cavity wall as the back wall is too damp due to the DPC having failed (it is over 20 years old tho!), have original 1930's wooden floors so no snug carpets, but we do have very good fairly new double glazing!
Oh well, fresh brew & extra jumper time I think!0 -
morning!
didn't get chance to read or post yesterday. These new shifts of mine are meant to give us more time at home with our families but its not working out like that and I'm really missing my 2 rest days that we used to get as thats when I got lots of jobs done.
Redruby and Dazi - hope your parents are both ok x
Csarina - hope your DH is feeling a lot better x
JackieO - wonderful about your DDs new job - very pleased for her and her family:T
plans for today
work at 2pm till 10pm
take DS2 into work(10 miles away)
clean house(done)
WM is on
few things to iron(these can wait if necessary)
will pop into Morrisons to get a few bits when I drop DS off.
The housing association were supposed to come and repair some interior door locks yesterday but didn't show:mad: will have to chase them up I suppose. Why cant people keep appointments? its so frustrating - a phone call would have been nice.
anyway - off to have my boiled egg now
take care all xDo what you love :happyhear0 -
Oh well adelight, the upside is you might be able to make a wee bit extra money for Christmas


Morning All,
Wet, wet, wet here. My earache is back with a vengeance, ouch, I have a Dr appt this afternoon. Plan for the day is to stay off here and continue with the house sorting. OH was making grumbly noises this morning. He won't say anything, he knows better
but if he's grumbling it must be bad 
Hugs to all and good thought for parents, boilers and jobs. Hugs spoons and hi five to y'all.
Jackie XXXIt's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi0 -
Good morning everyone, hope everyone's OK today....sorry, not quite able to mention everyone in turn, how do you all do that?
You don't have to do that so don't feel obliged
I basically try and remember key things people might have said and end up forgetting and having to go back to review the thread 

Morning my lovelies
Just listening to Nina on Youtube to get me set for the day
Need it because DD is a limpet today :eek: She'll still unwell with this cold and really clingy, DS didn't want to go to school and was having a stress about getting ready and I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. Spending most evenings doing Xmas craft, not done any housework apart from washing and no idea how to fit it all in. Still I am asking the Universe to show me the way 
Not sure what's for tea, probably something with the last of the left over chicken FIL gave us.
No real OS going on I am afraid, can't believe it's November already :eek:
Floss - hope your boiler is finally fixed and that you're not in the firing line of the cuts xx
hilstep - nice to see you posting
Bargainbird - well done with sleep wars :T
Tru - I agree with you regarding working full time. In fact ANY working doesn't agree with me. I'd love to be a proper SAHM. C'mon Universe show me the way for that
Need to dash, not had a coffee yet :eek:
Hugs, spoons and high fives all round. Have a good day OS or not.I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife
Louise Brooks
All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars0 -
Morning all.............................((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.
OH almost slept the clock round, went to bed just after 10pm, got up at 8 for a pee and went back to bed, asleep within seconds. Have just gievn him all his pills (OMG he rattles) and his porridge, he has settled down for another snooze.
The Dr is coming to see him at lunchtime, will ask about anti sickness stuff and also re his arm.......it seems a bit better this morning, the pulse is ok in his wrist, I wonder if they hit a nerve or something.
I slapt fairly well, was not half asleep listening, I know if he needs me in the night I will hear him, will be moving back on Mondat anyway, just decided to stay where I am to give him a change to get some quaility rest.
Parcel from AF should be here between 11.15 and 12 15. once OH has his lunch and settles for a nap I will nip into the village, have some stuff to post and also need to collect my medication.
Not much to do, the house is clean, so will be taking the opportunity to put my feet up.
Ruby glad you slept better last night, I am sure your Mum would have had a more restful night too.
Macoroni cheese for supper.Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.0 -
Morning all,have been MIA for a few days.....my 88 year old Gran died of a massive heart attack on Tuesday afternoon:( .
Sorry to come on and moan but I also lost my Dad on the 8th Sept too so my head is all over atm.
Anyway I have come on just to post my day: Got niece again as SIL is in hospital, she isn't due the baby for 8 weeks but she has something wrong with her liver and she had a ' show ' at the weekend. I can't remember the name for her condition ( it's pregnancy related she is itchy, no rash Obst.........Someone may know
), have done a wash but had to TD it as it's pouring down here. OH and I are going to the chinese buffet for lunch ( not very OS I know but I need to get out ).
Tea will be freezer surprisefor the kids ( we will be stuffed with chinese hopefully ).
Good news about your DH Csarina.
Redruby...hope your Dad is ok.
Have a good day all xMum to 3 gorgeous kids
Hoping to have a better year this year.
RIP Dad 8/9/10 and Grandma 2/11/10 My special Angels:A:A0 -
Csarina when I was having chemo they gave me metoclopramide as an anti-sickness pill and it was brilliant works within 20 minutes as well. Good to see he is getting his sleep though as its the body's way of healing I always think.Now what you have to do is make sure you are relaxing as well as stressing won't help either of you.A nice glass of something in the evening before dinner will do you the world of good.
nicola1303 sorry to hear of your loss, it all seems to come at one go doesn't it, your come in and have a rant if it makes you feel a bit better dear, we are all hear to listen to you.
Well the sun has actually come out and the washing is blowing nicely on the line at the moment I have been to the shops and managed to get quite a few whoopsies as well so I'm a happy bunny at the moment .this afternoon I am going to peel some apples I have been given and dig out the blackberries that my DGS picked for me a few weeks ago and make a nice crumble .This should last me for a few days for a pudding with some custard on top. Chicken and chips for a change tonight, I decanted my chicken from the slow cooker last night and have lots of meat in the fridge.
Hope everyone is haveing a good day and <<<hugs >>> to those who aren't
Cheers chums I am off to delve into my essay for Uni and try to think
"To what extent did the River Thames promote the leisure industry in Southend in the 20th century" That should keep me busy for a while
:):) 0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards