PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Rabbit recipes

Options

Comments

• Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    i just couldn't bring myself to do it, i'm not an animal rights nut it's just the thought of eating Bambi and Thumper that puts me off :eek:

i'm sure if somebody gave it to me on a plate and didn't tell me what it was i'd eat it and enjoy it (I'm sure i'd do it if someone gave me cooked rat!!) but as soon as you told me it was rabbit i'd feel sick. :silenced: :naughty:
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hhmmmmm.... how do you feel about eating cute little bullocks, lambs & piggies?

;)
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • littlemissfrugal
    Options
    Im with Clumpster queesy i know but when i was ickl my mum used to meet the poacher monday morning on the way to school to get her rabbits i was didn't eat any lumps in my dinner till at least thursday just in case... another thought can you make a few quid selling their pelts to wayne rooney's girlfriend shes into all that stuff. Bon appetit
    i'm living in a parallel universe
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    i'm sure if somebody gave it to me on a plate and didn't tell me what it was i'd eat it and enjoy it

*that's why I would tell my eldest three they were eating .... chicken! :shhh:* ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yurch!!! No way could I 'paunch' a rabbit (whatever that entails) I can't even touch the fish when they've died and all I have to do is flush them :eek:

I shall enquire at my local (but expensive) butchers this week and then wander around the market butchers. I think I'll give our asian quarter a miss on that one though.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Queenie wrote:
    *that's why I would tell my eldest three they were eating .... chicken! :shhh:* ;)

:rotfl:

That's what I did with my lot the first time I offered it up for dinner ;) ... now they don't mind as they know it tastes yummy, and youngest DS even helped me skin and joint them last time :dance:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Cullumpster
    Options
    hhmmmmm.... how do you feel about eating cute little bullocks, lambs & piggies?

;)

I know what you mean as i do eat these and don't feel guilty. !:confused:

Perhaps it's because i haven't seen a Disney / fluffy cartoon with them in it or something, i don't know.

Every time i think of eating rabbits all i can think about is singing 'Bright eyes' :eek:
  • Sheel
    Sheel Posts: 45,671 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Queenie wrote:

I used to do the same when I used to make Rabbit Hotpot . Haven't made it for years , but i'm pretty sure my girls wouldn't eat it now :rolleyes:

Reminds me of when I was little and we went to stay with my Grandma in Belgium , I used to love a cold sliced meat which I was told was smoked beef , but my Mum only told me when I was grown up that it was horsemeat 4.gif
    Same old same old since 2008

• bugs
    bugs Posts: 184 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yurch!!! No way could I 'paunch' a rabbit (whatever that entails)

If you'd like to know, then click here for an article on paunching and skinning rabbits - if you wouldn't like to know and you might be offended then *really don't click there*:eek:

(I've posted several links to our site today - it probably looks terrible but I'm really not here just for the adverts :o)
    It is not the greatness of a man's means that makes him independent, so much as the smallness of his wants. (William Cobbett)
  • Cullumpster
    Options
    :eek: i know i shouldn't have but i looked :eek:

lets just say that i don't think rabbit is going to be on the menu at all ever !!

But thoses of you that do enjoy:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport