Winter Fuel Rebate - British Gas Question?

Options
2»

Comments

• cosmic-dust
    cosmic-dust Posts: 2,618 Forumite
    Options
    Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email enquiry regarding our Winter Rebate payments. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your enquiry.

We introduced our Winter Rebate payments in November 2005 and we issued a letter to customers who met the criteria. These letters were issued to customers who met the qualifying guidelines; however, we may not have had sufficient information on a customer’s account to issue this letter at that time. Customers have to receive one of the benefits below for entitlement:

Disability Living Allowance
    Pension Credit
    Attendance Allowance
    War disablement pension which includes either a mobility supplement or constant attendance allowance
    Disablement pension which includes constant attendance allowance
    Child tax credit where the relevant income is £14,600 or less
    Working tax credit where the relevant income is £14,600 or less
    Council tax benefit
    Housing benefit
    Income support
    Income-based job seekers allowance

There was a common perception that these payments were available to all customers of pension age. Customers had to be in receipt of one of the benefits described to receive these payments. Our offer was limited and, unfortunately, we have now withdrawn this offer for new registrations. Customers already registered will receive their payments as agreed.

Payments for Winter Rebate 2006 for gas customers was £30.00 in November 2006 and will be £30.00 in February 2007. Payments for Winter Rebate 2006 for electricity customers was £15.00 in November 2006 and will be £15.00 in February 2007.

I am sorry we are unable to backdate any applications. If you have already applied for the offer and have not received any information, please call us on the number mentioned below. One of our agents will be happy to help you in this matter. Please quote your Customer Reference Numbers in any future correspondence.

We work with other organisations to offer products and services to help our customers make savings on their energy bills. Please call us to receive an information pack on these.

I am confident that this response will answer the questions you have asked, and I thank you for taking an interest in our products and services.

If you have any further enquiries please email us at house@house.co.uk. or alternatively call us on 0845 600 5001*

Kind regards

xxxx

:( sorry people that's the email i got today
    I made a mistake once, believeing people on the internet were my virtual friends. It won't be a mistake that I make again!
  • jumbles_2
    jumbles_2 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    :mad: just found out about this today, what a pain, hubby qaulifies, but looks like we are too late, could do with things like this on one page,
    just found new one about this on another page, still eligible for £30
  • Pat_Turner
    Options
    jumbles wrote:
    :mad: just found out about this today, what a pain, hubby qaulifies, but looks like we are too late, could do with things like this on one page,
    just found new one about this on another page, still eligible for £30

Please can I have site you found for fuel savings as I am annoyed too, as I qualify and found out too late.
  • CheekyMonkey
    Options
    My Mum applied several times for the Winter Fuel Rebate (Gas) and was told over the phone that she was eligable, BUT at no time did she recieve anything in writing despite numerous calls. Last contact then was April - nothing received.

Applied again in September and this time received a letter stating that she would receive the payments on her last bill of 2006 and first bill of 2007.

First payment received, so fingers crossed for the other £30 as every little helps............BUT does anyone know if she has to keep applying every year? How long does the original application last for? :confused:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Some days you're the bird......and some days you're the statue :cool:
  • milla
    milla Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the original thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=196093

on the first post you will see that you do need to reregister

'Even if you registered for last winter you will have to register again.'
    Without the rain you wouldn't have the rainbows !

I came into this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
  • Fester_2
    Options
    It looks like this scheme may be open again.
    You can phone and "register an interest".
    They say you will then receive something in writing.

0845 601 2006
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Moved house before christmas and expected I would loose out, but spoke to a very nice man who confirmed that my rebate has been transferred and I will be receiving the full rebate deducted from my next gas and electric bills.
    Yipee, I luv BG XXX
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport