PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mummygems
    mummygems Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »

I wish they still did those liquorice selection boxes my Nana always got me for Christmas with the pipes and different bits and bobs in.:drool:

Have you tried googling this because I am sure I saw something similar on Amazon (I think it was Amazon). I also love liquorice yummy.
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    First shop of the month today in A1di, mostly stuck to my list, and spent £24.24. Included in that was a huge swede (over a kilo in weight) for 45p, some of which will be used for casserole in the slow cooker on Friday. Didn't realise until I got home but their crunch cereal has gone up to £1.09!
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    Options
    lil_me wrote: »
    For those saying about milk prices, shop around. Lidl is £1 for a 2 litre carton (or was it 4 pints can't remember) I get milk delivered, so I always know we have it which I find vital when the weather is bad and supermarkets don't get deliveries but usually top up by 4 pints a week term time

A1di have also got it for £1 for 4 pints at the moment, A*da & S**nsburys are still doing 2 for £2 on the 4 pints, and if all else fails there's always £ land.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what's a FF/td fund Sue14--Favourite Friend Touch Down!!---i am new to this world of mystical abbreviations!!--i know DD means daughter but cant get the other D
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    De1amo- could it be fridge freezer & tumble dryer? Oh and the other D in DD is delightful or darling....:)

I have had an NSD day today. Was feeling a little icky at work today so took some toil and went home at lunchtime. Had bought lunch with me as well!!!

Oh well! I'm off tomorrow so will sort out some nice batch cooking for the rest of the week! Only have till Sunday as away for the rest of the month.
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • ecoelle
    ecoelle Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, is it too late to join in for November, i will be doing my first November shop on Friday and am budgeting £160 for the next 4 weeks, £40 a week cash and no more!
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    Sorry I am late again putting our budget up, yet again had to talk to my fiance about what he thought would be possible considering we still have a rather full freezer :eek:! Our budget this month is going to be £55. This budget is for 2 adults and 2 chinchillas and our month goes from the 1st of November to the 30th of November.

Spent = £1.70
    Left = £53.30
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • niksyg
    niksyg Posts: 678 Forumite
    Options
    Evening!
    Had to pop into M'sons on the way home as doglet had an xray under general anaesthetic today so I had to get him some chicken and rice as none at home.
    Spent £5.65 and for that I got a packet of rice, 18 sausages, a pack of chicken fillets, a baked in store white tin loaf and 2 iced finger buns! Not bad I thought!
    Have updated sig and am feeling very positive about the rest of the month as I am currently doing some batch cooking and freezer sorting.
    Clearing debt to save for a simple wedding.
    Starting 2016 With debt of £7700
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    Small shop in Mr A today £7.73 less multibuy savings a voucher = £5.87, have updated signature.

Food from the freezer and cupboard for tea tomorrow - possibly tuna steak & couscous.
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • slbhill
    slbhill Posts: 5,441 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I've really started - just updated my sig with current spend. Confusingly for once OH paid for the groceries, but I thought I'd better count them anyway!

Tonight: meal planning. Tomorrow: first main shop since starting the grocery challenge. Wish me luck, I may be some time! :rotfl:

I've been looking at prices online and it looks like for frozen meat (chicken breasts, beef mince, things like that), the freezer shop Farm Fds is not really any cheaper than MrT's. Is there a general consensus as to where is cheaper for frozen meat? (Freezer is looking very bare :eek: )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure