Barclaycard fraud and Indain Call centres

Options
2»

Comments

• NikitaR
    Options
    Once I was victim of such fraud on my HSBC Credit Card. I also received call from Indian call center informing me of fraud. To cut the story short, full amount was refunded by HSBC.

Indian call center people are not too bad. They don't have habit of using sorry, please, apologies etc.. May be your "rude" means non-usage of such words? Or may be you were just having a bad day ;)

Another thing which annoys me about Indian call center guys is that they keep on speaking even you try to say something. So I've adopted Military style technique. Once they finish and say over and out then I start ;)

Keep us updated with your case progress.
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    NikitaR wrote: »
    Another thing which annoys me about Indian call center guys is that they keep on speaking even you try to say something.

Ha ha ha... well... as a "white fat English bloke" currently "in Asia" I must say I've used that technique sometimes when speaking the local lingo to people I can't really understand. When I speak I only use words I know. When they speak, well...
  • NikitaR
    Options
    Ha ha ha... well... as a "white fat English bloke" currently "in Asia" I must say I've used that technique sometimes when speaking the local lingo to people I can't really understand. When I speak I only use words I know. When they speak, well...

Patience, sir, is a virtue... and it is more true when dealing with Asian & Indians than any other people.

Since you have started just wanted to add my other experience which I had with Indian call center. It was with BT.

My broadband was sucking blood out of me. At that point of time I was on 20G package and it used to overshoot every month.

One sunny day and in all my bad mood I rang BT. Call landed to UK call center somewhere in North, lets say Cardiff ;), Only to be finally connected to somewhere in North India.

I asked the first person to send me the data usage by e-mail or by post. He didn't understand what the heck is data usage. I explained but it didn't work. Then he connected to next in the command and control. He didn't understand either.

I went red :mad: asked him to bring the Boss. Few minutes (10-20 mins) of hold and then 3rd one did the same. However he understood a little and promised to send me the required details.

After few minutes I got a call from the 4th in command and control who says sorry (not apologies) that the foot soldiers couldn't understand what I was asking for and he promised to send me the data usage details soon.

2 Months have passed and no sign of data usage details.

I gave up and finally upgraded to 40G package.

Just another story how to deal with situation ;) few extra quids will can save a lot on your health. :beer:

Better be safe than sorry, avoid Indian call centers and live longer :j
  • sveika
    sveika Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the post - I also have had some unpleasant experience with 3 mobile Indian call centre. Gladly I have now left 3:-)
  • Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    davmail wrote: »
    I have been going round in circles with HSBC bank,money keeps being taken from my account for an item that was originally not received,they give me my money back,then take it out again,this has happened 3 times,I call during the day or night,and I speak to nice people in India,but I can't understand them,and they do not sort the problem out,I could tear my hair out!!!!!!Anyone from HSBC here who can sort this out,otherwise I am moving my account after 9 years.:mad:

How about getting the chargeback then phoning up and telling HSBC that you've lost your card. They should then cancel your existing card and provide you with a new one - the details of which will not match those held by the company that is continuously trying to charge you for the item in dispute - hopefully resulting the subsequent payment requests being declined.

How that company then handles your account is a different matter - if they're convinced that you've received the item then they may start a small claim against you - who knows? *shrugs*
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure