Barclaycard fraud and Indain Call centres

Options
Big problems with Barclays Indian call centre Hi

I have been a regular custer of Barclaycard for many years. This week I had a call from Zoe from UK Fraud office saying there was a fraud attempted on my card. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and she left a message on my voicemail.

I attempted to call the number she gave me but it was a call centre in India. The girl was very rude had couldn't speak English to a basic level. In fact she kept using words that I guess must be Gujarati.

I tried a further two times and both times spoke to VERY rude indian men. Their tone suggested I had commited this fraud myself.

This is a stressful time as the figure that has been stolen is around £4000. They showed absolutlely no compassion or empathy.

Eventually one guy told me to cut up the card as they had stopped the fraud.

I then recieved an SMS saying a claims form was on the way. I guessed this was a mistake as the Indian guy told me he had stopped the fraud.

My statement came through this morning and you guessed it the stolen amount was credited.

This morning I have tried calling 4 different Barclaycard numbers and they all route me to Indian call centres.

Does anyone know the number of the UK Barclaycard Fraud centre?

I am very stressed out and fed up and am even thinking of taking a Gujarati course so I can communicate with them :)

If anyone from Barclaycard is reading this please contact me.....

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    davehorror wrote: »
    Big problems with Barclays Indian call centre Hi

I have been a regular custer of Barclaycard for many years. This week I had a call from Zoe from UK Fraud office saying there was a fraud attempted on my card. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and she left a message on my voicemail.

I attempted to call the number she gave me but it was a call centre in India. The girl was very rude had couldn't speak English to a basic level. In fact she kept using words that I guess must be Gujarati.

I tried a further two times and both times spoke to VERY rude indian men. Their tone suggested I had commited this fraud myself.

This is a stressful time as the figure that has been stolen is around £4000. They showed absolutlely no compassion or empathy.

Eventually one guy told me to cut up the card as they had stopped the fraud.

I then recieved an SMS saying a claims form was on the way. I guessed this was a mistake as the Indian guy told me he had stopped the fraud.

My statement came through this morning and you guessed it the stolen amount was credited.

This morning I have tried calling 4 different Barclaycard numbers and they all route me to Indian call centres.

Does anyone know the number of the UK Barclaycard Fraud centre?

I am very stressed out and fed up and am even thinking of taking a Gujarati course so I can communicate with them :)

If anyone from Barclaycard is reading this please contact me.....

Barclaycard's indian call centres are an absolute joke and really letting barclays customers down,their english is that bad you end up getting frustrated and very annoyed especially when they say hello my name is greg how are you today.
  • davehorror
    Options
    You are so right. They are shooting themselves in the foot by using them. The money they save will be eaten up by people transfering their balances to cards with English call centres, which is what I am about to do!
  • wayne99
    wayne99 Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    they are always, Greg, John, Paul or Bob lol funny Indian names.... i guess they fake the names so they cannot be held to account for the f-k ups.

I would go to your local branch if you can, explain the situation to them and see if they have an internal number they can ring for you from the branch, or a number they can provide.

it is standard practise for Barclay's to send out a letter with the transactions listed, you need to look through them, and mark next to any ones you do not recognise "FRAUD" you must post this letter back so they can deal with it.
    :j:beer: :beer::j
  • Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    Options
    wayne99 wrote: »
    they are always, Greg, John, Paul or Bob lol funny Indian names.... i guess they fake the names so they cannot be held to account for the f-k ups.

In my experience, it's more often the case that a simple "English" name is chosen as those of us who only speak English would be unable to pronounce/understand their "real" names. I've encountered this with both Indian and Chinese people I have worked with.
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
  • wayne99
    wayne99 Posts: 352 Forumite
    Options
    I do agree Hax, but i stil stand by my comment also.
    :j:beer: :beer::j
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I've found the call centre difficult to deal with too because of language issues. But I've never felt anyone has been rude and provided you're patient it's OK.
    The girl was very rude had couldn't speak English to a basic level. In fact she kept using words that I guess must be Gujarati.

I tried a further two times and both times spoke to VERY rude indian men.

They showed absolutlely no compassion or empathy.
    (emphasis added)

You might have been unlucky, but I struggle with this "rudeness" thing. In the end, the compassion/empathy thing working both ways can get to a practical outcome faster.

Indain [in thread title]
    custer
    commited
    absolutlely
    recieved

I am very stressed out and fed up and am even thinking of taking a Gujarati course so I can communicate with them

How about a course in.. er... "English to a basic level"? Sorry couldn't resist.... But with all the stress and your obvious disappointment at getting through to an Indian call centre, I do wonder if you could have handled the situation better too.
  • davehorror
    Options
    I am so sorry if my lack of spelling ability upset you so much. Spelling has never been my strong point. As I was communicating with Barclaycard’s call centre by telephone and not by letter I cannot see the problem can you?

I am also amazed at your psychic ability to be able to tell how rude the Indian lady was and how I dealt with her. I have just been singing your praises to some friends of mine.

In my opinion if you talk over someone during every single sentence then that is deemed as being rude. I am obviously wrong.

Thank you for being such a helpful and amazing man. I bet your friends and family are proud
  • chattychappy
    Options
    Well... you didn't like the gentle hint.
    I bet your friends and family are proud

They are. Clearly your psychic abilities are on a par with mine. I hope your friends and family are equally proud.
  • davmail
    davmail Posts: 371 Forumite
    Options
    I have been going round in circles with HSBC bank,money keeps being taken from my account for an item that was originally not received,they give me my money back,then take it out again,this has happened 3 times,I call during the day or night,and I speak to nice people in India,but I can't understand them,and they do not sort the problem out,I could tear my hair out!!!!!!Anyone from HSBC here who can sort this out,otherwise I am moving my account after 9 years.:mad:
    Kawasaki z750 Rider!
  • chattychappy
    Options
    davmail wrote: »
    I have been going round in circles with HSBC bank,money keeps being taken from my account for an item that was originally not received,they give me my money back,then take it out again,this has happened 3 times,I call during the day or night,and I speak to nice people in India,but I can't understand them,and they do not sort the problem out,I could tear my hair out!!!!!!Anyone from HSBC here who can sort this out,otherwise I am moving my account after 9 years.:mad:

Ultimately I think you will have to dispute the transaction in writing (perhaps you've filled in a form or something already). It's been my experience that whilst you can trigger a dispute by phone, if the merchant doesn't accept a chargeback then eventually it gets reapplied to your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure