We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 15

1…405406408410411…1032

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2010 at 1:47PM
    cazscoob wrote: »
    thanks my postwoman has been and nothing for me, i ordered lipgloss and a purse so nothing too big??

    I have lots and lots of eggs(30) to use up any ideas? i was thinking quiche and then went blank :D
    custard/custard tart, mayo, baked cheesecake
    you could make some yorkshire puds and/or cakes and freeze half for future
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    No, but my cousins did :)

    Caz, what about Weezl's eggy bread? Or frittata, just fry up any leftover veg and then pour a load of beaten eggs into the pan over them? Finish off under the grill to cook the top.

    Edit: well done gorgeous David! I'm holding off till the December contest because I lovelovelove the picture of Molly with the star that I took last year.
    I knew there was no way you wouldn't know my gang of mates from sutton if you had gone there.

    Said picture is gorgeous and I lovelovelove it too :D

    Edgar is having lots of fun with the potty this morning :rotfl: he's been in it, on it, had it on his head, sat on it backwards, stuffed it with soft things then blocks - so much fun! Don't worry I'm not attempting anything, he was having lots of trouble 'going' so I'm trying to get him to spend a bit of time squatting ;)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Wilma123
    Wilma123 Posts: 223 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi, everyone ok? Amber better yet?

    Has anyone seen? (not read back) - poor Lily Allen :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3206113/Lily-Allen-loses-second-baby.html
    Proud mum to now-grown-up daughter (Pebbles) and two lovely grandchildren (Roxy & Chip).

    How time flies :)

    Yabba Dabba Do
  • sparkle03
    sparkle03 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Hi All,

    Hope everyone starts to feel better real soon. Especially Amber, sounds very scary! I have a poorly J today, it really is doing the rounds isnt it?

    Bruno very :mad: on your behalf, feel v sorry for your poor wife. Hope you get it sorted very soon!

    Congrats hammy on baby D winning

    Sugar I also lurrrve that pic of Molly its bootiful

    Sami :( grrrr about the washer, I tend to have to buy a new one every 15 months! I hate hate hate washing machines lol. Also do we know what the plans are for Friday? Is it Jellybeans or Fun2b? and also time if you please my lovely x

    ''I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    —
    Marilyn Monroe
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Wilm - how sad :(
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    on a happier note - Holly Willoughby has announced she's 3 months pg with number 2!
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Oh God, poor Lily Allen, how heartbreaking.

    Sami, your mates probably know my cousins - at least the youngest one.

    Feeling very productive after doing tons of stuff, but I'e just realised that it's because I've been up for eight hours :rotfl:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • redstararnie76
    redstararnie76 Posts: 2,205 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2010 at 2:29PM
    Wilma123 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone ok? Amber better yet?

    Has anyone seen? (not read back) - poor Lily Allen :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3206113/Lily-Allen-loses-second-baby.html


    Oh no, I hadn't seen that:(.
    ;) Working hard in the hopes of being 'lucky' ;)
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Wilma123 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone ok? Amber better yet?

    Has anyone seen? (not read back) - poor Lily Allen :(http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3206113/Lily-Allen-loses-second-baby.html
    :( how awful
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    sparkle03 wrote: »
    ...

    Sami :( grrrr about the washer, I tend to have to buy a new one every 15 months! I hate hate hate washing machines lol. Also do we know what the plans are for Friday? Is it Jellybeans or Fun2b? and also time if you please my lovely x
    He has ordered a new seal and we're getting a washer/dryer tonight so I'm not 'too' sad about it ;) the washer is going in the 'solarium' and is gonna just be for his work stuff - not looking forward to him plumbing it in though, not sure he's thought about that bit!

    Fridays meet is at fun2b 1pm, I might be there a bit earlier but not much (I know don't all faint :p)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Caz, what about Weezl's eggy bread? Or frittata, just fry up any leftover veg and then pour a load of beaten eggs into the pan over them? Finish off under the grill to cook the top.
    ohhh frittata is a good idea although i will have to buy veg as we have nothing (still havent been shopping hehehe!)
    weezl74 wrote: »
    caz my chocolate roulade recipe uses 6 eggs and is v nomnomnom? facebook pic here:
    OMG that looks so yummy and will definatly be on the list tonight!!!
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    custard/custard tart, mayo, baked cheesecake
    you could make some yorkshire puds and/or cakes and freeze half for future
    freeze cakes are you kidding in this house PMSL!!!
    custard tart sounds yummy and i dont do cheesecake yuk.

    I have made a large quiche with cheese and ham, 6 x individual cheese quiche and a big bowl of maccaroni and cheese so far. would love to have a few nights teas sorted as i have a phonebill to pay and if i can avoid the shops then i will!!

    I also have lots of couscous it didnt go down very well so any ideas and also wholemeal bread flour was thinking of a plait with garlic and cheese for with the maccaroni but not sure if it would work?
    What's for you won't go past you
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.