We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Help with massive vodafone bill please
Comments
-
I realise I don't know much about mobile data packages, but do uploads count towards your download limit? I know on fixed broadband they don't with several, if not all, providers.Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j0
-
Money_Grabber13579 wrote: »I realise I don't know much about mobile data packages, but do uploads count towards your download limit? I know on fixed broadband they don't with several, if not all, providers.
Yep it's transferred data, up and downloads.0 -
Even if the server did reject it (which at about 30MB it would) the server would still accept the first few MB of the upload before rejection. Must have been retrying for a while though?
Not that it helps, but with hindsight perhaps a cable or bluetooth would have been a better option.
The other thing I noticed is there is no usage on the 21, 22nd and 23rd? Do we know why this is?0 -
The other thing I noticed is there is no usage on the 21, 22nd and 23rd? Do we know why this is?
I don't know but apparently the big data usage on the 24th was shown as starting at 4 am.I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages & student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.0 -
This happened to a good friend of mine recently.He took his i phone on holiday and didnt realise he had to turn off the data roaming so it was constantly updating the apps.....to the tune of £2150!!
The first customer service agent basically said tough,thats your bill.
I asked him if he had a limit set on his phone bill in case it was even lost or stolen,yup £150.
On his second call he asked why his phone had not been blocked at its limit as it was supposed to be.........."yes sir it should have been and you should have been advised to simply turn off your data roaming,let me put you on hold and clear that bill for you.........your correct bill is £61"!!!!!!
obviously he was so relived that he didnt ask why the first agent hadnt done the same!0 -
It was in the UK, so no data roaming.
The fact it started at 4am is also odd because he was asleep and the phone wasn't touched. Almost like it was an automatic re-attempt???I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages & student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.0 -
Hi silvercar,
We really need to be able to to take a look into you friends account, to be able to see what has happened here. Can you get them to email us here with WRT135 in the title, so we can check what has happened here.
Many Thanks,
Andy
Web Relations Team
Vodafone UK“Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"0 -
I'll tell him, thanks for your help.
Sorry, your link isn't working???I'm a Forum Ambassador on the housing, mortgages & student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.0 -
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
